MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    What does long term mean?
    In my opinion long term has not happened yet for either the virus or the vaccine, which makes both of these unknowns.
    I would say long-term is 3+ months.

I'm close to someone who used to be a Clinical Trial Project Manager for Big Pharma. They relayed an experience with a drug trial they were running. The trial was in Phase3 (at least 2 years in), in which the study had gone to human participants and was ongoing in animal testing for long term safety. In the middle of the night, they were called and told the trial was shut down because they started seeing that animal test subjects had seized and were dying.

The trials were immediately shut down, and no further work was done on the drug.

To me, long term would be more than two years.
    just my thoughts

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    For me I would say there are two types of long-term effects.

One is where the effect happens after a significant term such as one year or more.

Two is where the effect can start anytime, even immediately, but has a long duration such as one year or more, even the rest of your life.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I'm close to someone who used to be a Clinical Trial Project Manager for Big Pharma. They relayed an experience with a drug trial they were running. The trial was in Phase3 (at least 2 years in), in which the study had gone to human participants and was ongoing in animal testing for long term safety. In the middle of the night, they were called and told the trial was shut down because they started seeing that animal test subjects had seized and were dying.

The trials were immediately shut down, and no further work was done on the drug.

To me, long term would be more than two years.
    just my thoughts
    2 years is long-term, it is also after 3 months like i stated.
    Long-term has to start at some point, I think it starts around 3 months.The end date I guess would be average lifespan.

Earlier than 3 months would be short-term.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central

One is where the effect happens after a significant term such as one year or more.

Two is where the effect can start anytime, even immediately, but has a long duration such as one year or more, even the rest of your life.
    You are describing Acute vs Chronic

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    You are describing Acute vs Chronic
    Not exactly.
    I am saying either delayed or chronic can be long term.
    An effect can be acute or chronic - even if it starts short term after vaccination or delayed for years after vaccination.
    I am calling long-term effects those that either start to show up after a long time(delayed) OR start anytime and last a long time(chronic).

Delayed effects can be either acute or chronic.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Not exactly.
    I am saying either delayed or chronic can be long term.
    An effect can be acute or chronic - even if it starts short term after vaccination or delayed for years after vaccination.
    I am calling long-term effects those that either start to show up after a long time(delayed) OR start anytime and last a long time(chronic).

Delayed effects can be either acute or chronic.
    If illness happens soon it is short term, if it happens later it happens in the long term.

If the illness arises and gets resolved within a timeframe ( which varies from illness to illness) it is an Acute illness.

If the issues arise and are long lasting issues it is a chronic illness.

When the illness comes on is what determines if it happens in the short term( I said from start to 3 months)

If the illness comes on after the 3 months I would say it is in the long term.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    If illness happens soon it is short term, if it happens later it happens in the long term.

If the illness arises and gets resolved within a timeframe ( which varies from illness to illness) it is an Acute illness.

If the issues arise and are long lasting issues it is a chronic illness.

When the illness comes on is what determines if it happens in the short term( I said from start to 3 months)

If the illness comes on after the 3 months I would say it is in the long term.
    You are saying the same thing I am except for semantics as well as the difference in opinion on what time frame constitutes long term.

My opinion is something like 0 to 1 month is short term, 1 month to one year is medium term and 1 year or more is long term.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    You are saying the same thing I am except for semantics as well as the difference in opinion on what time frame constitutes long term.

My opinion is something like 0 to 1 month is short term, 1 month to one year is medium term and 1 year or more is long term.

Maybe we are saying the same thing. I guess the highlighted part is what confuses me. To me there is only 1 long term, that is if it happens after the short term.

I say up to 3 months is short term because it takes approximately 4-6 weeks to recover from Covid. So if something happens after 12 months ( you should be recovered) then I would say it is long term.

0-1 month you probably haven't even recovered from Covid.

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Maybe we are saying the same thing. I guess the highlighted part is what confuses me. To me there is only 1 long term, that is if it happens after the short term.

I say up to 3 months is short term because it takes approximately 4-6 weeks to recover from Covid. So if something happens after 12 months ( you should be recovered) then I would say it is long term.

0-1 month you probably have even recovered from Covid.
    I'll try one more time, this really isn't worth any more than that.

Type 1
    Let's say you get the vaccine shot and two years later you get some disease that is confirmed to be caused by the vaccine. I am calling that a long-term effect of the vaccine.

Type 2
    Now lets say you get the vaccine shot and the very next day you get some disease that is confirmed to be caused by the vaccine - the disease lasts for 20 years - I am calling that a long-term effect of the vaccine.

Yes, you can substitute other words for long-term such as persistent, chronic, stubborn, etc. And they may be "better" or "more appropriate" but just semantics to me. I think chronic works better for Type 2 but I also think long-term works for either type(just my opinion).

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I'll try one more time, this really isn't worth any more than that.

Type 1
    Let's say you get the vaccine shot and two years later you get some disease that is confirmed to be caused by the vaccine. I am calling that a long-term effect of the vaccine.

Type 2
    Now lets say you get the vaccine shot and the very next day you get some disease that is confirmed to be caused by the vaccine - the disease lasts for 20 years - I am calling that a long-term effect of the vaccine.

Yes, you can substitute other words for long-term such as persistent, chronic, stubborn, etc. And they may be "better" or "more appropriate" but just semantics to me. I think chronic works better for Type 2 but I also think long-term works for either type(just my opinion).
    The only place I disagree Is the Type 2. To me that is a short term chronic illness.

I guess we were just talking in circles.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom