Will We Ever Know The Truth About The Election? Still Hiding Everything...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The post my quoted post was in reply to said, in part

Thus, what I'm saying is in our home states we need not allow mass absentee voting and need to defeat any attempt to federally meddle in how a state conducts its elections

If you mean muster at the border with DC, I'm in
    I don't really have a problem with absentee voting as it's done in Indiana now., so it wouldn't bother me much if they expanded it to allow more people to do it. I've availed myself of the early, in-person, absentee voting and I really like it. The simple mail-in ballot is a no go, however.

I suspect if we stay on the current trajectory, eventually the talk of mustering will get more serious.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't really have a problem with absentee voting as it's done in Indiana now., so it wouldn't bother me much if they expanded it to allow more people to do it. I've availed myself of the early, in-person, absentee voting and I really like it. The simple mail-in ballot is a no go, however.

I suspect if we stay on the current trajectory, eventually the talk of mustering will get more serious.
    There is a bit of disconnect in what we each consider 'absentee' voting, apparently

Regardless of obfuscating terminology, I do not consider showing up personally at an approved voting site, where you present ID and sign a line for realtime signature comparison, to be 'absentee' just because it does not take place on Election Day - you are physically there. To me, absentee voting is mail in or online voting where a voter does not present himself for those checks against fraud

Early voting is just that - temporally displaced but not absentee

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Friday 20th is dead line for Board of Serpants to hand over routers and passwords. (don't hold your breathe). Also Friday the auditors and senators meet to reveal all the numbers from the Audit.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There is a bit of disconnect in what we each consider 'absentee' voting, apparently

Regardless of obfuscating terminology, I do not consider showing up personally at an approved voting site, where you present ID and sign a line for realtime signature comparison, to be 'absentee' just because it does not take place on Election Day - you are physically there. To me, absentee voting is mail in or online voting where a voter does not present himself for those checks against fraud

Early voting is just that - temporally displaced but not absentee
    Obfuscating terminology? In Indiana there are two ways to vote Absentee. One is in person, the other by mail. My MIL is elderly. She voted Absentee by mail. That seemed to be a fairly straightforward process. You have to request a ballot and then it’s mailed to you. And of course you have to be registered. I have no problem with that. I only mentioned the in-person absentee voting because it’s the only “absentee” voting I have experience with myself.

Mail-in voting where they just mail everyone who’s on the voter rolls a ballot, is not the same thing as absentee voting by mail. I’m not trying to mince words. We had a whole discussion about the differences during the election.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The disconnect is calling any form of in person voting 'absentee'
    Talk to Indiana Legislature. That's what they call it. And there's a good reason for it. When you vote "absentee in-person" you're casting an absentee ballot on a day other than Election Day. You know. Because you're going to be absent on Election Day.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I have no problem with any form of voting that has you show up in person and present ID. The timeline for non-election day IP voting should be short, however, because we cannot trust what may be done with those votes if too much time for mischief is allowed

Either make Election Day a paid holiday, and get it all done in one day, or allow early voting for all seven days of a week and no IP absentee voting for anyone who can prove they can't reach a polling place during that week

Increased checks and balances on mail in and no purely electronic voting. If you can't avail of one of the options we assume it just isn't that important to you. The very, very few that legitimately can't do any of that are not enough to distort the whole system for. With proper one-off precautions we might be willing to let Steven Hawking vote electronically

No federal voting regulations, either. Come up with a recommended template and allow states to adopt it, or if not be prepared to object to the electors that state sends

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I gave up, every time they say this is going to happen, something else happens or not at all.....now some sources saying the numbers of the Audit well be revealed in Sept.........its a s***show.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The delay this time is due to...wait for it....

COVID!

iu

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    IMO, voting issues (and outright fraud) have been proven in multiple places, but basically nothing is going to be done about it. Guess that gives me hope for the future... :rolleyes:

Top Bottom