• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Is that another cultural icon I have to watch so people don't razz me for being such a boomer? I mean. Usually it's not a bad reason to watch a movie. I watched Tropical Thunder and The Big Lebowski for that reason. They were good movies and after watching I understood the cultural references for never go full retard, and that's like your opinion, man.

But I've never seen Midnight Cowboy either. Culturally important? Or skip?
    Probably skip. I saw it decades ago and am not looking to watch it again for any reason.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    You’re not alone, I haven’t seen Austin powers and have no desire to. I feel like some of the pop culture will make you dumber. Maybe I’m wrong.

One I’d like to see but can’t find anywhere is Slingblade.
    If anyone has the dvd and wants to sell it reasonable…
    Now there is a movie I didn't like. Heard all about it at work....was a waste of my time.

That's why they make all kinds of movies.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I
    Is that another cultural icon I have to watch so people don't razz me for being such a boomer? I mean. Usually it's not a bad reason to watch a movie. I watched Tropical Thunder and The Big Lebowski for that reason. They were good movies and after watching I understood the cultural references for never go full retard, and that's like your opinion, man.

But I've never seen Midnight Cowboy either. Culturally important? Or skip?
    Should have also let you know I didn't really like Tropical Thunder or the Big Lebowski either. I would watch Lebowski before Tropical Thunder.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    If you hit a cyclist in a fog bank while going fast enough you don't actually see them hit the ground, did you actually hit them?

Asking for my wife who is driving us to Church.

Just wanna know if I need to pray for her forgiveness and if she should make a quick trip to confession before communion.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Okay? So Austin Power is another? Apparent culturally important movie? I've never seen. So. I have no idea what you're talking about.

Know anywhere I can watch it for free? I feel like pop culture shouldn't cost anything.

Yes, the library. I have rarely paid to see any movie. (Mostly because I hate how left-wing the major studios all are, and try not to give them any money.) Just wait until it comes out on DVD, and then get it from the library for free. Our library (as are most libraries in Indiana) is part of Evergreen, so I can request a movie or book, and if any library anywhere in the system has it, they will ship it to my local library for free for me to check out.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Not the other side. I don't think that would help. They'd still congregate. But moving it down 50 or so feet gives people riding down the hill more time see them and more time to slow down. You can make it as prohibited as you want. I've never seen anyone patrolling the path. Some people follow the rules and some people just don't.
    Make it clear that people standing in the path assume all liability for any collisions.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I loved Tropical thunder. It was hilarious. Big Lebowski, meh, it was alright.
    Well thats just like, your opinion, man.

Austin Powers used to be on netflix. Its got some funny parts in it, but it reminds me of will ferrell, i laugh maybe 3 times during the movie and the rest im thinking “how the **** do people find this funny”.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Remember the movie blank check, when the kid on the bike gets hit by a car and the driver gives him a $100 check, and the kid forges it to a million?

Pfffffft. Another fine example of cyclists lack of respect.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Remember the movie blank check, when the kid on the bike gets hit by a car and the driver gives him a $100 check, and the kid forges it to a million?

Pfffffft. Another fine example of cyclists lack of respect.
    No but I believe it exists because I know how cyclists are.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

Austin Powers used to be on netflix. Its got some funny parts in it, but it reminds me of will ferrell, i laugh maybe 3 times during the movie and the rest im thinking “how the **** do people find this funny”.
    Austin Powers is funny, but not Monty Python Funny. And Monty Python is not Bennie Hill funny.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Better on a first watch if you don't know what is coming, off the wall, jokes were pretty repetitive later on.
    The first time I saw the "Who does #2 work for?" skit I was crying laughing.

Top Bottom