• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    Why is it that the central Indiana area has no big outdoor stores or gun stores? Places that carry a wide inventory.

You have the Indiana Gun Club that, at least in its previous incarnation, had a lot of shotguns and shotshell reloading items. But that is it. There are no Midway/Brownells/Natchez type stores. No Cabelas. No Bass Pro. No Scheels. Nothing like Jaquas. Or Hyatt. Not even an REI or Pathfinder.

What is it about the local market that keeps shops like these away? We obviously have a lot of outdoor types. But we're left with places like Gander Mountain, which makes we want to take up golf because they don't sell any golf stuff.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    So you dont count Dunhams, Big R, or Dicks?

Dunhams isn't bad but it isn't great either. Dicks might be nice if I end up in golf. Wake me up when I can buy a decent pair of hunting boots there. Or binoculars. Or briar pants. Or scope base.

Never been to a Big R...maybe I need to go.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    Not claiming any of them are the "end all or be all." I just know that you can keep yourself entertained! To be honest, all the stores that claim to have everything just have inflated prices!

Joshnbb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    Indianapolis
    yeah and that would have only been minutes away from my house... ohh my that would have been nice.. But then it would have had a gander mt right next to it. which would be redundant.. you know kinda like how they put a Walgreens across the street from a CVS

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Where is a Big R in central Indy? The closest Dunhams I believe is in Kokomo, so not bad.

Cabela's got stupid and built a store near Chicago, and has been spending money on lawyers trying to keep it open instead of building a store in firearm friendly central Indiana and making a fortune selling stuff!

I agree, Gander needs some good competition.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Where is a Big R in central Indy? The closest Dunhams I believe is in Kokomo, so not bad.

Cabela's got stupid and built a store near Chicago, and has been spending money on lawyers trying to keep it open instead of building a store in firearm friendly central Indiana and making a fortune selling stuff!

I'm pretty happy with the Cabela's right where it's at. NWI - woot! :rockwoot:

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010

There is a Dunhams in Anderson, which (to me) is closer than kokomo.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    It was a sad day when they announced they weren't moving ahead with their plans to build. Does anyone know if it is a permanent stop or just a delay?
    Permanent kill, the property has been re-sold. Cabelas will not be coming to Central Indiana in the near future. If thye come back in a few years, they will start over and pick a new site.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    could be worse where i live there is 1 mabye 2 (im not sure about brookville) shop that carries pistols within a hour drive. that shop keeps 3 high points and 2 glocks in stock.

Snayperskaya

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Indy Northwest
    What is it that you are looking for that you can't find? Short of match grade 7.62x51 NATO ammo, I have been able to find almost everything I need within an hours drive. And I don't own much that isn't rare or out of the ordinary.

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    I guess I should be lucky that within a half an hour I can get to cabelas, bass pro, midwest gun exchange and a dozen or more small shops

HUFFMANWG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    VA.
    THE BIG STORES

EVER WONDER WHY THEY TRY TO MAKE ALL THERE MONEY IN ONE DAY, INSTEAD OF HELPING THE LITTLE GUY?
    WE HAVE THE SAMETHING IN VA. PRICES ARE HIGH. HECK EVEN A GOOD SLINGSHOT COST TO MUCH. AN I'LL TAKE A SLINGSHOT OVER GOLF

Top Bottom