• ...and so much more!
  • ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Just curious... we have a lot of members now, and we're starting to look at year [strike]three[/strike] four in a couple of months. So.. why INGO?

Why do you log in and read the site? Be specific... is it because of the awesome FAQ we have? Is it to learn more about training? Is it because you want more information on handguns? To verify laws? For the fellowship you get here?

What makes this site so special?

why not:dunno:

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Just curious... we have a lot of members now, and we're starting to look at year [strike]three[/strike] four in a couple of months. So.. why INGO?

Why do you log in and read the site? Be specific... is it because of the awesome FAQ we have? Is it to learn more about training? Is it because you want more information on handguns? To verify laws? For the fellowship you get here?

What makes this site so special?

I just signed up the other day. Hi! I picked this site because, well, it's aimed at Indiana folks. I found a couple others but this one seemed the busiest. I was looking around for Indiana specific info on [strike]CCW[/strike] LTCH laws and processes. I've managed to apply for the license this week. I'm still not 100% sure of what kind of gun(s) I want, if any, but at least I can carry one when/if I decide.

gdh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Crown Point
    I do not remember how I found this site but after lurking for awhile, I joined in because it is a great place to find out what is going on in our state.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    I first found ingo through google looking up gun law info for indiana just after i moved here. I have learned a ton of info from nfa to basic gun laws to things about guns. most people are friendly and are just plain good old honorible Americans like me. There is so much on this site you cant really explain it all with out your fingers going numb or talking for hours. I just tell people to check it out and see for themselves.

Hit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    I found the site while looking for info on getting my LTCH.

I now read the site daily (I read much more than I post) for the discussions of the law in IN and elsewhere and the great reviews of firearms ... many of which will hopefully someday be in my safe as well.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    My brother pestered me for a couple of months, never been on a site before, and now I am hooked, kinda like an addiction... I must be sick, and INGO, is the CURE..... I have met a lot of REALLY good people on here...

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I like INGO over any other site simply because it is specific to Indiana. The user base is large enough that there is enough traffic to get your questions answered just like any other site, but the answers are Indiana specific. I like that you can post a topic and people will respond saying they saw X at X store recently. That has been helpful for me at least once, and I even drove to Bradi's to make the purchase.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I had signed up for INGO and then never really read it. Months later I was seeing two things on the gun forum I did read everyday.

1. Simple questions were being answered in a very demeaning fashion. A person could ask a question as a newb and it was like throwing chum into shark infested waters. That forum which will remain nameless (but is really big on Glocks) was flat out starting to SUCK, especially for people new to the world of guns.

2. Liberal troll infestation on the forum I used to read. (same forum as above #1)

So I came here looking for a gun forum that most of the members were actually gun enthusiasts. And I found it. People ask questions here and actually get useful and thoughtful responses instead of harassment.

I also like the feeling of a kind of family. People ask for help, ask for prayers and receive both in ample quantities. I think that more than anything else makes INGO different from the other gun forums I have been a part of.

Another thing I really like about this forum is the reviews of gun shops (very helpful) and also the reviews of guns, knives and accessories.

INGO is a complete package. A forum to come for information with an open friendly atmosphere.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I was searching for stuff on craigslist and there was a link to this site. I started reading the threads and decided this was the site for me. After I got my posts in I sold a rifle and then became a site supporter, it was my way of saying Thanks!

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Love the site. I have met quite a few great people from here and have traded alot of valuable info here. Great place, keep it up! :ingo:

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Info, info, info. If you can't trust stuff you read on the internet, what can you trust? People like Pami, VUPDblue, ESRice, LoveMyWoods, Que, Printcraft, new friends like PhilB, classifieds, Honest answers to newbs, giving them a LITTLE bit of razzing, (not me, but I do get a chuckle out of it. I know... bad me and my Shadenfruede....)... NFA DAY!!! Woo Hoo!! Seeing the members and vendors at the 1500s, Corey, (he's the DEVIL, honey!) from SSNFA.... ACME ammo.... I could go on and on....

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I admit it. I came here initially for the awesome classifieds. But it didn't take long to get hooked on this place. The fellowship you mentioned is key, but I would clarify that it is fellowship with many "like minded" folks.

I honestly believe there is almost no firearms related question that can not be answered here.

68kidd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hanover
    I come back for information about things of interest. You can find info and different opinions / views here. This site can be very helpful.

Top Bottom