• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    For me at first it was just to learn more about firearms and laws.

Now, it's about the people here, most everyone is very helpful and it's get to actually meet some of the guys here.

Without INGO I would have never learned about FNS, ACT training or half of the stuff I've learned about reloading in the last couple of days.

The wide range of knowledge base on this forum is awesome, it's not like AR15.com where if you post a question you get jumped.

It's just a great site for Indiana Gun Owners to talk, banter, argue and colaborate on issues.:ingo:

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I like it because here because there is so much knowledge to be gained from the members. I do a whole lot more reading than posting here, and it's because I have way more to take in than put out.

I also like this site because of the sense of community. Before I found this site, I would look to buy and sell firearms and firearm related items on-line, and it was always a huge hassle. It seemed that every other sight was filled with poor ethics, people looking to "low ball" you, or people way over pricing items. It seems like here, people look to give their fellow INGOers a deal (without hurting themselves), and everyone respects that.

In addition to the classifieds section being surprisingly civil, so are the 2A and general politics sections. I know that they are probably the biggest "problem areas" for Mods but, compared to what I have seen elsewhere, our members to seem to keep things reasonably civil even when discussing "hot button" topics.

Thank You INGO, Fenway, and the Mods and please keep up the good work!

caddywhompus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pendleton
    I came for the information and stay/log on regularly for the culture. I have yet to meet a bad dude from this site. The resources this site offers are amazing.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Truckloads of Information.

And if you want to try something out, chances are someone is a member that is just around the corner that has it and is willing to let you try it. Or someone is close by that will help with a problem you might have.

However, I'd be curious why INGO for the out of state members... :popcorn:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I'm a member of different forums. However, you have people from all over the country. Which is not necessarily a bad thing. Yet, having a forum dedicated to Hoosiers is a plus. I have met a lot of good people off of this forum. I have yet to meet a member that I did not like. They have all been good Men and Women. I have had the opportunity to shoot a lot of guns. I probably would never had the chance to. Plus, I have gotten a ton of useful information from this site. More so then any other gun forum. You can always learn something new no matter what it is. In fact, being on this site has made approach a lot of things from a different stand point. For example, I went the longest time without sighting in my AK. After doing so, and doing some slight modding. I have really fallen in love with my AK. A lot of it being to do with members posts.

Also, I have been pushing my shooting skills. This site is like having someone to go to the gym with. You see what someone else has done, and it makes you want to challenge yourself. I love coming on here and asking about a piece of gear, or peoples experiences with a certain gun. I like how many members are willing to let you try theirs. I could go on forever, but I think that will suffice :D :ingo:.

Shadow

AKA: Uncle Shadow
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    In the shadows
    Was looking for indiana gun laws and goggle sent me here,,stayed ever sence. The people are great and the infomation ,,well its been said befor ---truck loads of information.:ingo:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Yes, lots of good info, good modding, but I'd like to emphasize something else.

I came to Indiana for college and stayed because I liked the people. That is reflected here with a great user community. I'm not sure you could duplicate this in some other states. Thanks Hoosiers!
    :rockwoot: :ingo:

csnoski

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Finally ready for my first Handgun and was googling around for info. Stumbled over this and found gobs of info. Also enjoy the politcal forum...never realized there were sooooo many off-the-wall news sites, tho I must admit I enjoy reading opinions that are in line with mine!

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Why'd I come here? Google hit on here because of a search, I dove in to actually get the answer to that search.

Why'd I stay? Getting on here really reignited my love for guns. Then, I started meeting folks.
    From the AR build party (1st edition), where I met esrice and his dad, techres, shooter521, ATM, and a ton of other folks;
    to the INGO range day (Evan and Dave again);
    to (almost literally) running into Scutter, Lars, and Pami (and Evan and Dave) at the 1500 last year;
    to the southsiders breakfast at Dennys (no, really, I'm not stalking you guys).

I've been a member of various forums and groups for the better part of my adult life, and the people here easily rank as the best folks I've ever met.

Hell, I even like Savage Eagle! :D

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i use ingo to talk guns with local (sort of) people. ive met quite a few members and there are a couple tht i see, shoot with, hunt with. on a fairly regular basis

Top Bottom