• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Just curious... we have a lot of members now, and we're starting to look at year [strike]three[/strike] four in a couple of months. So.. why INGO?

Why do you log in and read the site? Be specific... is it because of the awesome FAQ we have? Is it to learn more about training? Is it because you want more information on handguns? To verify laws? For the fellowship you get here?

What makes this site so special?

Last edited:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Our own Member Emeritus had the URL in his sig. line on another board.

I kept telling myself that I didn't need "another of the same". But, I gave in to temptation and visited. When I joined, I think there were only 5-600 members.

I stayed because it was "home". Hoosiers. A site BY Hoosiers for Hoosiers. Indeed I felt a greater sense of community here than I did/do on other, larger, "national" sites.

It's just more relevant to me (INGO, that is).

-J-

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    Lots of info. Gives you plenty of things of interest to look into. If there is a Mod talk about how to keep INGO growing, then I'd answer it's "free" enough (as in freedom not beer) to be fun, but Modded well enough to keep the rif raf at bay. In short the members make it for me, but the Mod keep things on track. Thank you INGO Mods!! Oh...and when did we get an FAQ? just kidding.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Our own Member Emeritus had the URL in his sig. line on another board.

I kept telling myself that I didn't need "another of the same". But, I gave in to temptation and visited. When I joined, I think there were only 5-600 members.

I stayed because it was "home". Hoosiers. A site BY Hoosiers for Hoosiers. Indeed I felt a greater sense of community here than I did/do on other, larger, "national" sites.

It's just more relevant to me (INGO, that is).

-J-

+1. I spent a lot of time on rec.guns on usenet, then was off gun boards for a while, then got onto arfcom from there I heard about this place. Local folks, not too much bs, some folks who really know their stuff.

Hellion_1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Putnam County
    Originally it was to post a question I had concerning a specific firearm issue. Now it is to keep learning new things and try to contribute a little. I must say that I am in the Classified section the most though. No drama like other places and there are a lot of good people here to deal with. :ingo:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I found the site by accident thru Google while searching for IN gun laws. Joined the site, and never looked back. Now I'm on it throughout the day, ok, all day, and at night.

It's a great site to learn and talk about guns. I've meet other shooters, found a range. I've learned so much just because of the members on this site. And I'll continue to learn as long as INGO is still around. And hopefully, I can return the favor and teach other guys on here.

Plus, this site is just hilarious sometimes. And it makes you spend a lot of money!

The FAQ, it's just OK! :D

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I found this site by Googling something firearms related and stayed because there is always good information being posted here.

Personal experiences, training opportunities as well as news in the media that I wouldn't otherwise catch.

:yesway::ingo:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I don't remember how I found this place. I think I was looking for IN carry laws. Stayed for the top-notch firearm info, and the fairly "open" forum. There aren't too many places where you can speak your mind without getting shouted down (or banned).

There is a good sense of community here. You don't find that too often.

Top Bottom