• ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    This has been discussed in other forums, but I have not seen it here. Bad guy comes in with weapon drawn, manager pulls behind fellow employee, and uses her as concealment for the draw. The manager has stated the camera angle makes the shot look reckless but is was not so.

In any event the video:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AA_dgRdDhk]Manager Draws Against a Drawn Firearm[/ame]

Bad guy fired one shot and missed, manager hit with all three of his. Bad guy lived and went to jail.

And, according to posts, the mother pursued a CCW.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    It's a shame that so many employers frown upon firearm carry. My current employer has specific rules against carrying a firearm, with termination of employment being the general consequence.

Of course, I'd rather cheat and be fired than die following the rules. Boss knows that I'm a firearms enthusiast but has no idea what I carry "when I'm not at work"..

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I've seen the video before, and read all the discussion about it.

Looking at it again, I'm wondering why the lady with the child continues to just stand there next to the robber while he demands money. You'd think most mothers would grab the kid and move as far away as possible, if not go running out of the store entirely.

:yesway: to the manager for his tactics.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I've seen the video before, and read all the discussion about it.

Looking at it again, I'm wondering why the lady with the child continues to just stand there next to the robber while he demands money. You'd think most mothers would grab the kid and move as far away as possible, if not go running out of the store entirely.

:yesway: to the manager for his tactics.

Yeah... I thought she seemed incredibly calm through the whole thing. Well, until the manager started shooting.

Ruiner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    West Lafayette, IN
    Question is, does this constitute as a good shoot? Can you classify this as "in fear for life of you or others around you?"

I hate trying to distinguish that line. I have no issues with what he did what so ever, but I do have issues with how we have to worry about it.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

"Don't move, lady."

Or, more likely, fear and confusion. Most people lock up when under extreme stress. You literally have to train it out of you.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

I can't watch the video, but I do know that some people will do extremely stupid, completely illogical things in those types of situations. A lot of people so far into denial both of the real risks they face on a daily basis as well as their responsibility for their own safety that they can't process what is happening. They don't really "believe" it's really happening, so they just stand there like cattle waiting to be slaughtered.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I carry at work because the criminal doesn't care if I work there, or am just visiting. If my boss catches me and has a problem, well, hopefully Obama will redistribute some of the wealth my way.:dunno:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I noticed that the child did not seem to be upset by the loud noise of the gunfire. That seems unusual to me that a child that young would not even cry at the surprise.

Good shoot, looked like to me.

Blessings,
    B

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I don't know what you all get paid but I don't get paid enough if I need a gun at work.

Do you just not get it?

The point isn't about what kind of job you have or where you work. The point is that you don't and can't know when or where bad things will happen. Some choose to be prepared. Some choose otherwise. Some live in ignorance and/or denial.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Do you just not get it?

The point isn't about what kind of job you have or where you work. The point is that you don't and can't know when or where bad things will happen. Some choose to be prepared. Some choose otherwise. Some live in ignorance and/or denial.

LOL, yes. I "get it". There's a lot of paranoia going around.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    Question is, does this constitute as a good shoot? Can you classify this as "in fear for life of you or others around you?"

I hate trying to distinguish that line. I have no issues with what he did what so ever, but I do have issues with how we have to worry about it.

As far as I am concerned, once a criminal draws a weapon in a public area, be it gun, knife, or baseball bat, if he is within 15 feet or so of me, even if he/she is not looking in my direction, he/she has just become a threat to my well being. Most likely, my defensive weapon will be drawn. Unless their attack ceases immediately or they start to flee, it is then decision time. Do I feel like my life is in immediate jeopardy?

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    LOL, yes. I "get it". There's a lot of paranoia going around.

So to you it is inconceivable that someone you work with could have a disgruntled spouse? Or someone has been cheating with another mans wife? The reasons violence can occur anywhere are too many to list. If you feel warm and safe in the flock, I hope for your sake there are enough of us who don't, that just might save your ass.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    It's a shame that so many employers frown upon firearm carry. My current employer has specific rules against carrying a firearm, with termination of employment being the general consequence.

Of course, I'd rather cheat and be fired than die following the rules. Boss knows that I'm a firearms enthusiast but has no idea what I carry "when I'm not at work"..
    We can't even have metal silverware! No, I don't work at a prison. We also had to specifically sign a separate form that listed things such as tear gas, pepper spray, grenades, rocket launchers (I **** you not), or land mines....

I guess Fred Smith has his Vietnam moments still from time to time.

kolob10

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Beautiful Southern Indiana
    Carry at work

A few years ago, a fellow manager on the 3-11 shift encountered an employee running from an irate husband (non employee). When confronted, the non employee husband oulled a gun, put it in the mid section of the manager, and fired. The gun misfired (primer was dented but round was faulty). The manager just grabed the husband by the arm and escourted him out of the building. I asked the manager why he responded in that manner. He replied that he just reacted and didn't think the guy was a threat. One never knows how he or she will react in some situations. By the way the manager was former marine MP who had been in combat. Good shooting.

Top Bottom