• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Become friends with a vendor... Or ask around and find out that a friend is good frieda with a vendor...

I have known of people getting there early and seeing a vendor needing a hand carrying some stuff in and offering to help and in exchange not havin to go back outside when done. I helped carry stuff in once for a friend....

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^

I know a few vendors but just do not care to go anymore.

JasonB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2013
    Pittsboro, IN
    Over the years I see post and post and thread after thread about prices at the 1500, the prices, paying for parking ect ect....

What's with people?

I have only paid to get in a few times, only times I have paid to park is when it's not in the usual building, I am either able to walk right in or stand in line that is at most 2-3 people deep.... I always find deals every show, are they absolute steals no it's not a hard sale people, the vendors know what they have.

This show I saw Speer Gold Dots selli g for what they tend to sell for, I saw WWB ammo that was going for the same as what you would pay at wallmart after tax. Saw some ice 20mm and larger ammo cans for $25. Saw some body guards and XD's going for near msrp. Saw non window p mags for 16ish. Pets remember that for most of the vendors all prices are not firm.... So even the stuff that is an ok deal you can often turn into a good deal.

Yes I did see some highway robery prices but if you take time to look you can still find deals making it worth going even if you have to pay to get in and for parking.

I guess I don't get all the complaining when I look in my bag and see the goodies that I got for a good deal.

My brother got a lesser known red dot and we all know most vendors will eat the tax if you pay cash but this one came down $30, brother said it ended up bei g cheaper then online prices. Also got some x-tac green tips for .50 cents a round...

It's almost like half of INGO walks in and looks at the first two tables and then leaves.

At most I have paid what it would cost shipped to my door because idle fee to pay ash and have it in my hand then having to have something shipped and the nightmares sometimes involved with that.

Guess I do t get it.... All well.

Let's see because unless you find "Private Seller" in past 3-4 trips any gun for sale in the place is about $50-$250 higher than going to say Bradis (Camby), C&C Midwest (Clermont) or Plainfield Shooter Supply (Plainfield)...

Not to mention "factory ammo" or even the surplus stuff has been priced at least 2x respectable prices.

Reloading Supplies... Yeah Right can buy once fired brass online for 1/2 prices of the show... There was less Powder Selection than available local... Not to mention reload press kit (say Lee 50th Anv or Challenger) couldn't be had for less than $50 above what Proline off KY AVE had 5 sitting on their floor for on Friday.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Let's see because unless you find "Private Seller" in past 3-4 trips any gun for sale in the place is about $50-$250 higher than going to say Bradis (Camby), C&C Midwest (Clermont) or Plainfield Shooter Supply (Plainfield)...

WRONG!
    There were PLENTY of deals on guns! MANY!

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I saw quite a few gun prices that were what local shops were advertising... Granted you have to find them... At the shops you just walk in and get what you want.

Some will haggle a little so sometimes they are cheaper by quite a bit but again no in and out... I only know of one local gun shop that will haggle.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I saw quite a few gun prices that were what local shops were advertising... Granted you have to find them... At the shops you just walk in and get what you want.

Some will haggle a little so sometimes they are cheaper by quite a bit but again no in and out... I only know of one local gun shop that will haggle.

Really? Which one would that be?:dunno:

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    i love paying 15$ to get into a place where i have to over pay 15$ for everything....the 1500 has turned into a joke...a fools errand

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Originally posted 6/6/13 in another thread:

Haven't been in at least 3 years. With $12 admission, $5 parking, numerous vehicle break-ins in a crime ridden neighborhood, long lines, parking in BFE, high prices, why would I want to go?. Notice the absence of purple.

Last edited:

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Originally posted 6/6/13 in another thread:

Haven't been in at least 3 years. With $12 admission, $5 parking, numerous vehicle break-ins in a crime ridden neighborhood, long lines, parking in BFE, high prices, why would I want to go?. Notice the absence of purple.

These are all reasons that I have quit going. No real deals to be had. I think I have attended one show in the past 2 years.

John224

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    239   0   1
    Apr 8, 2010
    West Indianapolis
    I quit going about 10 years ago, although I have been 2 or 3 times in those past 10 years, not since the last price jacking though! Just not worth the time or effort in my opinion, but I only speak for myself.

Jimb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    Cicero
    I think the better deals there are on new purchases from the larger vendors. The used guns are usually way jacked up price-wise, and the ammo prices are not really worth wading through the crowd for iether. I enjoy more looking for the oddball stuff.

KagA152

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 18, 2013
    Freetown
    The last one was my first 1500 experience, paying for parking and admission pretty much negated the deals I found. Next time I'll just save the hassle and make a field trip day to indy to hit the different shops that would be there anyway.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I remember when I was a kid we would have a Gun & Knife show at the armory in Danville......and I always went to it. I bought so many knifes at that place.....why doesn't someone have shows like that in this area anymore?

Top Bottom