• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I asked the promoter for a 5th table for the next show and was denied. The promoter told me there was no way, as all of the tables are taken. I normally have 4 tables. Currently, I'm having to leave inventory at home and with the law changing July 1st for auto knives, I need a 5th table. I guess all of that junk and flea market stuff is more important than quality items that are actually related to what the show is suppose to have. I thought it was called the "Indy 1500 Gun & Knife" show for a reason, but I'm not sure now :(

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    I asked the promoter for a 5th table for the next show and was denied. The promoter told me there was no way, as all of the tables are taken. I normally have 4 tables. Currently, I'm having to leave inventory at home and with the law changing July 1st for auto knives, I need a 5th table. I guess all of that junk and flea market stuff is more important than quality items that are actually related to what the show is suppose to have. I thought it was called the "Indy 1500 Gun & Knife" show for a reason, but I'm not sure now :(

Dan Masterb**es doesn't want to upset the airsoft, jerky, and fudge vendors!

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I saw prices were the same at every shop on ammo. $80 for bulk 22LR, and $45 for one box of (50) 9mm. Wow! What that means to me is that no one wanted to sell the ammo, they just wanted to show that they had some, which does no one any good.

I was surprised to see the price on AR15's have come down, and PMags were basically at totally normal prices with lots of inventory on both.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Currently, I'm having to leave inventory at home and with the law changing July 1st for auto knives, I need a 5th table.

Yet again, I have the solution.

We layer rhino in rows of strip magnets and then hang knives off of him like a walking knife kiosk.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

I thought the new law had a emergency clause that made it take effect as soon as the governor signed it?
    Dan needs to kick out the worthless flea market crap vendors and give you more tables. It's even in the dealer contract that that crap isn't allowed so why doesn't he get a backbone and enforce it.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    We are limited now to how many vendor passes we receive due to too many vendors passing them out to friends to get in.

Yep. I don't like the idea of non dealers getting In early or even getting a dealer badge because with the dealer badge you do not get stopped at any door. So you could steal and walk right out the door with a armload of guns and no one would be the wiser.

Dealers need to only hand the badges to employees or their significant other.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I thought the new law had a emergency clause that made it take effect as soon as the governor signed it?
    Dan needs to kick out the worthless flea market crap vendors and give you more tables. It's even in the dealer contract that that crap isn't allowed so why doesn't he get a backbone and enforce it.

Not sure about any emergency clause, but everyone is assuming July 1st, when all new laws take effect in Indiana. Note: Just about every knife vendor had their auto's out at this show. I don't think anyone cares at this point with less than 30 days until July 1st.

As far as "crap vendors"......IMO, there probably is not enough "quality" vendors to fill the building, let alone during the winter shows which take place in a lager building (South Pavilion) than the summer shows. So from a promoters viewpoint, any vendor is better than no vendor. It's all about the $. :twocents:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    That might work if he can spin around slowly (like some of the revolving display cases) without losing his balance

We could put him on a lazy susan with his arms stretched out and customers could revolve him about to reach the knife they want.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    When I was there Friday, I saw at least 4 or 5 empty tables. I thought maybe that the vendor/vendors were still setting up, but they were still empty when I left at 5:30, so obviously they have some extra table space?

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    When I was there Friday, I saw at least 4 or 5 empty tables. I thought maybe that the vendor/vendors were still setting up, but they were still empty when I left at 5:30, so obviously they have some extra table space?

Some vendors have a 9-5 and fridays with travel they can't make it.

Sunday mornings there is always a few covered up for church every year.

Both of these are valid reason to not be there on dispaly IMHO.

I am with Brad, I know for a fact if he misssed the blade show in atlanta to stay at the 1500 he made a hard personal choice. He did it so you could buy quality knives. He also did it for the money, He does not want to make money FOLKS, he just loves to sell knives. Sorry brad.

Should we get a petition going to get brad a 5th table. Maybe INGO can buy up all the fudge. bacon flavored fudge.

I guess for a free weekend pass i could maybe get talked into a sandwitch board for Brad.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Some vendors have a 9-5 and fridays with travel they can't make it.

Sunday mornings there is always a few covered up for church every year.

Both of these are valid reason to not be there on dispaly IMHO.

I am with Brad, I know for a fact if he misssed the blade show in atlanta to stay at the 1500 he made a hard personal choice. He did it so you could buy quality knives. He also did it for the money, He does not want to make money FOLKS, he just loves to sell knives. Sorry brad.

Should we get a petition going to get brad a 5th table. Maybe INGO can buy up all the fudge. bacon flavored fudge.

I guess for a free weekend pass i could maybe get talked into a sandwitch board for Brad.

Actually, I was told that if you miss the Indy 1500 (give up your tables), that there is a chance that you might not get them back for the next show. I could not justify going to Blade with the possibility of losing my tables for the 1500. However, I have come to find out that certain "regular' vendors that were not at this show for whatever reason (vacation, blade show...etc.) will get their normal tables for the next show. The promoter made several announcements during the show thanking first time vendors and reminded the vendors with less seniority, that some will not be back for the next show because the "regular" vendors that missed this show will be back.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Don't worry, Brad, I know for a fact that several people on INGO intend to make it worth your while for the August show.

*Looks calendar*

27 days to go.

*Rocks back and forth in chair*

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    We have a swap meet twice a year. No charge for admission anymore and tables are free for anyone to use. Sell all the guns and ammo you want.

This guy. I like this guy.

Robert-DeNiro-Analyze-This-Photograph-C10046478.jpeg

Top Bottom