• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Over the years I see post and post and thread after thread about prices at the 1500, the prices, paying for parking ect ect....

What's with people?

I have only paid to get in a few times, only times I have paid to park is when it's not in the usual building, I am either able to walk right in or stand in line that is at most 2-3 people deep.... I always find deals every show, are they absolute steals no it's not a hard sale people, the vendors know what they have.

This show I saw Speer Gold Dots selli g for what they tend to sell for, I saw WWB ammo that was going for the same as what you would pay at wallmart after tax. Saw some ice 20mm and larger ammo cans for $25. Saw some body guards and XD's going for near msrp. Saw non window p mags for 16ish. Pets remember that for most of the vendors all prices are not firm.... So even the stuff that is an ok deal you can often turn into a good deal.

Yes I did see some highway robery prices but if you take time to look you can still find deals making it worth going even if you have to pay to get in and for parking.

I guess I don't get all the complaining when I look in my bag and see the goodies that I got for a good deal.

My brother got a lesser known red dot and we all know most vendors will eat the tax if you pay cash but this one came down $30, brother said it ended up bei g cheaper then online prices. Also got some x-tac green tips for .50 cents a round...

It's almost like half of INGO walks in and looks at the first two tables and then leaves.

At most I have paid what it would cost shipped to my door because idle fee to pay ash and have it in my hand then having to have something shipped and the nightmares sometimes involved with that.

Guess I do t get it.... All well.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Over the years I see post and post and thread after thread about prices at the 1500, the prices, paying for parking ect ect....

What's with people?

I have only paid to get in a few times, only times I have paid to park is when it's not in the usual building, I am either able to walk right in or stand in line that is at most 2-3 people deep.... I always find deals every show, are they absolute steals no it's not a hard sale people, the vendors know what they have.

This show I saw Speer Gold Dots selli g for what they tend to sell for, I saw WWB ammo that was going for the same as what you would pay at wallmart after tax. Saw some ice 20mm and larger ammo cans for $25. Saw some body guards and XD's going for near msrp. Saw non window p mags for 16ish. Pets remember that for most of the vendors all prices are not firm.... So even the stuff that is an ok deal you can often turn into a good deal.

Yes I did see some highway robery prices but if you take time to look you can still find deals making it worth going even if you have to pay to get in and for parking.

I guess I don't get all the complaining when I look in my bag and see the goodies that I got for a good deal.

My brother got a lesser known red dot and we all know most vendors will eat the tax if you pay cash but this one came down $30, brother said it ended up bei g cheaper then online prices. Also got some x-tac green tips for .50 cents a round...

It's almost like half of INGO walks in and looks at the first two tables and then leaves.

At most I have paid what it would cost shipped to my door because idle fee to pay ash and have it in my hand then having to have something shipped and the nightmares sometimes involved with that.

Guess I do t get it.... All well.

So share your secret of not paying the entrance fees. INGO wants to know!

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    It's called frustration. We've been denied ammunition and reloading components for months and most of the folks with stuff to sell are charging 3x - 4x normal price. Just look in the classified section here. I didn't go because it turns my stomach to see some of the gouging that's been going on. I'm happy you found stuff for online prices but it's a waste of my time if I have to visit every vendor to find normal pricing.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Become friends with a vendor... Or ask around and find out that a friend is good frieda with a vendor...

I have known of people getting there early and seeing a vendor needing a hand carrying some stuff in and offering to help and in exchange not havin to go back outside when done. I helped carry stuff in once for a friend....

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    For some of us that have been going for 30 years it is not the same. It is not what it once was and even not what it was 5/6 years ago.

The guns for sale new are of much worse quality, (not the dealers fault if that is what sells), the used market has changed thanks to the internet, and I have my basics like ammo cans, gunsmith tools, and nra membership covered.

I remember 5 dollars at the door with a dollar off coupon. I remember not having to share the parking lot with 5k runners/reptile shows/and hosts of other events. ect.

We also go to other big shows in other states. Shiows which have guns as the main attraction.

The INDY 1500 has tee shirts, some home made jewelery RANT ON (Lady if I want to stop in front of your table and loan dad 200 dollars for a carry pistol deal with it you rented the table not the isle in front of itand your crappy gems should not be at the show anyway) Rnat off wallets, books, backpacks, coins, and fake space rocks. If I wanted to go to a flea market they don't charge to get in.

I think we need a change, I know I need a change.

There will be a thread started about this and INGO is a perfect place to start up something new. 30,000 strong and growing thanks in part to the table they have selling not guns but an internet site.

I think I will call the upcomming thread. Indy 1500 keep the change. I just need to get my thoughts together before I start it.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    It's called frustration. We've been denied ammunition and reloading components for months and most of the folks with stuff to sell are charging 3x - 4x normal price. Just look in the classified section here. I didn't go because it turns my stomach to see some of the gouging that's been going on. I'm happy you found stuff for online prices but it's a waste of my time if I have to visit every vendor to find normal pricing.

I guess I'm confused because every how I have been to I find deals granted it is sad to see the gouging and the huge differences in prices from table to table.

People just seem to post about the high prices and ignore the good prices. On the reloading stuff I think the prices is because there are only a handful of reloading dealers there (at least usually it seems) so they know they can price stuff at whatever because there is not much competition... Compared to someone selling an AR or AR parts (every other table has AR stuff so more pricing competition).

I to have noticed how much more non firearm stuff is at the show.... Sad, seems like 25% of the tables. Did see jewelry lady, the un gun pitition people are always annoying a d so was the Utah ccw lady.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    For some of us that have been going for 30 years it is not the same. It is not what it once was and even not what it was 5/6 years ago.

The guns for sale new are of much worse quality, (not the dealers fault if that is what sells), the used market has changed thanks to the internet, and I have my basics like ammo cans, gunsmith tools, and nra membership covered.

I remember 5 dollars at the door with a dollar off coupon. I remember not having to share the parking lot with 5k runners/reptile shows/and hosts of other events. ect.

We also go to other big shows in other states. Shiows which have guns as the main attraction.

The INDY 1500 has tee shirts, some home made jewelery RANT ON (Lady if I want to stop in front of your table and loan dad 200 dollars for a carry pistol deal with it you rented the table not the isle in front of itand your crappy gems should not be at the show anyway) Rnat off wallets, books, backpacks, coins, and fake space rocks. If I wanted to go to a flea market they don't charge to get in.

I think we need a change, I know I need a change.

There will be a thread started about this and INGO is a perfect place to start up something new. 30,000 strong and growing thanks in part to the table they have selling not guns but an internet site.

I think I will call the upcomming thread. Indy 1500 keep the change. I just need to get my thoughts together before I start it.

So are there any shows that are more like what the 1500 USED to be? It sounds a lot like outlet malls. Not the deal that they used to be.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think this was the first show that I personally was disappointed in, but I still enjoyed walking around and looking. I only bought a one piece cleaning rod... and while that may have made Doggy Mama happy (:):), it was a new personal low for me when it comes to dollars spent. My disappointment was really just due to not finding what I had hoped to (reasonably priced .303 British ammo or a 98K Mauser). I did see some 98K Mausers, but unless they were personally autographed by Hitler, Goebbels and Goering themselves, I ain't payin' $3000 - $3500 for one.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I decided to give my business to the locals like Profire, Beech Grove, Bradis, and Plainfield.
    That's what I ended up doing... drove straight from the show to U.S. Defense Solutions and bought an Enfield that I had looked at earlier (despite not finding any deals on .303 at the show). :yesway:

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Become friends with a vendor... Or ask around and find out that a friend is good frieda with a vendor...

I have known of people getting there early and seeing a vendor needing a hand carrying some stuff in and offering to help and in exchange not havin to go back outside when done. I helped carry stuff in once for a friend....

New policy coming for vendors now. I am sure they will thank you......

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    People complain and complain and yet, there is still a line to get in. Hahahahaha.

If there was I didn't see it Saturday. It was a small crowd from past 1500's in my experience. Also, I did not see many people buying ammo but there were some fair prices on guns if you looked. A lot of the dealers were plain out gouging on everything but some gun dealers (ZX Guns) had fair prices. Also, lets not forget the dealer who was selling the ammo in the black and yellow boxes near the back wall of the show. We watched them lower the prices for a 50 round box of ammo from $31.99 to $24.99 right in front of us. Now tell me they weren't trying to screw people.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I found a couple of deals yesterday and just talking to the people they came down a little off of their prices to make it even better of a deal. If I weren't going back to school, I would of jumped on the deals I found.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    New policy coming for vendors now. I am sure they will thank you......

I doubt it happens much, I'm told the people that watch the vendor doors do keep an eye out.

Besides someone wanted to know....

No way for them to stop someone from helping a vendor when the vendor says hey he is with me....

Again from what I am told it does not happen often and is not abused, just saying become friends with a vendor and offer to help for a bit.... They do have VIP passes that they can hand out you know.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I did buy a scope from AA optics for my dad. rings and base also.

I almost pulled the trigger on a kimber ultra carry II in very used shape for 650 from a walker. I had the cash in pocket but the 3 inch 45's are just not my personal cup of tea. Hard for me to aim with being used to the 5 inch types. It was the best deal of the day that I saw.

I did offer 1600 for a nice Remington rand pistol but he wanted no less than 3000. I explained that a Kimber grand raptor II was 1600 if I waited 5 months. Did not seem to phase him much. I figured that it would be a nice addition and I was offering full to over book on it. It was a sweet piece but I think he never intended to sell it in the first place which was fine. It did match all numbers and he was nice enough to let me touch it and find most of the marks, I never did check the grip markings or barrel and bushing but all the other markers were correct.

I like the two table with all CMP garands and the Kimber 82g blond rifle. I said to both so you are a 12 a year guy right. He said yes and so is my wife. At least he was honest. I mean if you call selling a kimber 82g for 750 when they are 425 in port clinton honest.

12 to get in now 5 to park. 17 bucks. I would give that to a dancer for less entertainment. It was most likely spent better after it left my hand by the show promoter also. At least I did not get crop dusted.

I guess i am saying it used to be better. I did enjoy the gattlin guns and the african double rifles. The high standard guy brought a few new ones with his normal old stock of them. The winchester pre 1964 model 70 in 22 hornet is stll for sale after 4 years and I did offer him half his asking price again. Maybe some day he will sell it out of pity to me I just hope he carries it in ond out well every time.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Last time we went, was over a decade ago. Used to go a couple of times a year. On the last trip some vendor was selling all kinds of different jerky...gave us all a free sample of his "gator" jerky...we all thought it tasted like cat food and passed on buying any....within another 30 minutes we were all doubled over in the restroom puking. Could not get out of there fast enough.

When I used to go a couple times a year it was to stock up on bulk chicom ammo, and reloading supplies for my pistols. Now the stuff is too expensive every where. Can you still buy the Waco and Ruby Ridge DVDs?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'd pay $9 just to walk in and smell that smell that reminds me of going to the 1500 as a kid with my dad.

There are good deals to be found you just have to look. The big dealers with the 15 tables of guns only I always just walk by and don't even look. I don't buy new guns, I buy used. Just like cars I let the first guy take the retail hit then come in for the deal.
    Also you have the big accessory dealers there that are just plain dicks that will never have a good deal in their cases but they will still make money off the suckers who pay full retail. If I'm gonna buy things like that and cant find it used locally then I will support a local shop rather than a big boy Internet store or even a Indiana dealer that's far away. I like to keep my money local.
    Found new tapco 30 round AK mags at bradis for only 8.95. They are overpriced on ammo but the little things they always do good on.

Also all the people who come in with guns and know that they need checked in at every 1500, you need to have them out and ready to have the orange zip tie inserted. That would speed the line up. Also you know it's gonna be $9 or $10 per person to get in so from the time you walk from the back lot get your damn money ready.

And To Dan the promoter, get us some more damn room in the isles!! As is said every year. Shrink the main center isle or something. Figure it out. That's what we and the venders pay you for. Otherwise thanks for a fantastic job of a show.

And Tactical Dave, if you wanna wear a flame suit I won't judge you any different ;) heya. Lol

icky

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    montpelier
    Didn't at one time long ago the Indy 1500 stand for 1500 tables? I can remember going with my dad back in the 70a when you couldn't see everything in the show in one day. They had guns, parts,real surplus,parts kits machine guns,destructive devices. And people ago aid set up displays it there personal gun collections. The last few times I've gone it just seems like a small overpriced flea market. Maybe IM just getting old or just miss "the good old days" but most stuff I saw was new and more expensive than I can get it other places. Just my 2 cents....... Which most people won't even stop to pick up off the side walk anymore. It's sad. :-(

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    All this fake airsoft **** is cluster ****ing up the show.
    The 1500 started in the 80's. maybe around 85. I have no idea what the 1500 stood for.
    I do know for the stuff I like its the best damn show this side of the Mississippi. National gun day down in Louisville will take you a couple days to get through if you take your time but its mostly collector high dollar guns and such or it was the last time I visited. Not worth the gas down there. Especially since its out of MY state so if I saw a great deal from an individual I wouldn't be able to buy it anyways.

Can't beat the good ole 1500! Overpriced stuff doesn't bother me because I just don't buy it if its too high.

Top Bottom