• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    In the interest of clarity because I don't want to leave anything to interpretation....

Have you taken it out of the box after buying it?
    If so, how many rounds (roughly because i admit I am not a round counter either), how many rounds do you send down the pipe a day? Week? Month? Year? Lifetime of ownership?

Do you clean your firearm after every use? Monthly? Annually?

The answers to these questions will help us all in making a better assessment of your statement.

Probably 1000 through that particular gun.

The ONLY bitch I have with it is the Pearce pinky extensions I put on will sometimes pinch my meaty fingers.

Cleaned and oiled after a range trip, blow the dust off between trips.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    A future 1911 meet, greet and shoot event would be fun. Maybe something like a Carrygun match for 1911s? Just thinking out loud. 1911s are still considered a viable option for defending yourself by some.
    :horse:
    Just carried my RIA Ultra FS 10MM to church. My 1791 signature brown holster matches my Sunday dress boots :cool:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    In the interest of clarity because I don't want to leave anything to interpretation....

Have you taken it out of the box after buying it?
    If so, how many rounds (roughly because i admit I am not a round counter either), how many rounds do you send down the pipe a day? Week? Month? Year? Lifetime of ownership?

Do you clean your firearm after every use? Monthly? Annually?

The answers to these questions will help us all in making a better assessment of your statement.

Those G30SFs had 1100 rounds through 1 and about 800 through the second. Since I was spending time swapping out extractors, trimming extractors, playing with recoil springs and trying whatever else some said worked on their guns, they were pretty clean typically. In the end, they were reset to stock and sold. I ran just north of 13k rounds total in 2019, which was when I tried to make them work for me. I could reload hot rounds that worked fine but they didn’t like commercial target ammo.

At the time, I realized that I could run my 1911s fine and enjoyed them more but didn’t sell the Glocks because nobody seemed to want them. This fall, the market was such that I could let them go to a new home.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    A future 1911 meet, greet and shoot event would be fun. Maybe something like a Carrygun match for 1911s? Just thinking out loud. 1911s are still considered a viable option for defending yourself by some.
    This is infinitely a better idea than previously mentioned political meet and greet thread.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    This would be a great excuse to finally get the rear sight on my Operator fixed, after about 8K the Dawson Precision adjustable unit bit the dust and is pinned to the left. :abused:

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    “The 1911 pistol remains the service pistol of choice in the eyes of those who understand the problem. Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair.”
    --Jeff Cooper

Top Bottom