• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Took a moment to think about all the places that recognize me, probably because of the OC...

Quite a few. People calling me by name when I order coffee or lunch... when I really haven't been there all that frequently.

ARRAY

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    Griffith
    I open carry at Strack and Van Tills in griffith all the time never had an issue. Also all the gas stations and 7 11s around griffith and gary, no problems

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I was thinking the other day that I don't know how long it's been since anyone said anything. People don't notice.

I was serving communion at church 2-3 months ago when one of our members whispered to me “your gun is showing“. I don’t usually OC. So I kinda casually checked to make sure my shirt hadn’t ridden up. It hadn’t. I think he saw the lower part of my holster. I thought: great, here we go...

The next week though, he stopped me and asked me about it and I found out in the process at least one other person in our congregation always carries. ;)

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I was serving communion at church 2-3 months ago when one of our members whispered to me “your gun is showing“. I don’t usually OC. So I kinda casually checked to make sure my shirt hadn’t ridden up. It hadn’t. I think he saw the lower part of my holster. I thought: great, here we go...

The next week though, he stopped me and asked me about it and I found out in the process at least one other person in our congregation always carries. ;)

They (security team) found out I carried every sunday. They asked me to be on the team.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Where's Mitchell?
    If its up here in Canada you guys need to check out HST Hoosier State Training. He came to the church and had a meeting with some of us.
    Look in the training section, I started a thread, HST. No replies but I think I posted a link

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I got my picture taken yesterday with VP Pence whilst OCing my G17M.

xeoWagH.png

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    RESSURECTION

Since there was a brouhaha about OC last year this thread has been dormant.

Menard's, and two trips to Kruswick.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I decided to OC the Sig P226 today. Stopped by the shop, hit the UPS store to return Dish equipment, and stopped at Meijer for a few comfort items.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Was told by a very nervous manager at Costco that I needed to keep my gun in my car when I come to shop. I was thinking n the check out line and he said it was fine this time.
    I just said ok to get him to leave me alone.
    If it happens again, I'll tell them either I get to shop around j peace, or we can walk together to the customer service desk and I'll cancel my membership.

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    Was told by a very nervous manager at Costco that I needed to keep my gun in my car when I come to shop. I was thinking n the check out line and he said it was fine this time.
    I just said ok to get him to leave me alone.
    If it happens again, I'll tell them either I get to shop around j peace, or we can walk together to the customer service desk and I'll cancel my membership.

https://customerservice.costco.com/...rsonal-firearms-allowed-in-costco-warehouses?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Walmart in Hammond, I walked past the cop at the door going in and he never looked up from his phone. The same thing leaving.

Gordon Food in Highland, Kruswick and Aldi.

Top Bottom