• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Out in the woods today with my trusty Colt New Service cut down. It started life as a WW1 gun sent overseas to England in .455. Now a short barreled 45 LC converted in the 20s or 30s. This is it next to a cut down S&W 32-20.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Long time since I posted in this thread since I only post if there is an interaction. I open carry all the time and it's pretty rare that anyone notices, let alone says anything.

I went to Great Clips for a Chinese flu delayed shave down. My Great Clipper said she noticed I was carrying and asked how hard it was to get a permit. I told her the 5 year license is now free and the lifetime is the way to go if you'll be here awhile. Explained to her the process and she was going to get her license ASAP.

You meet the nicest people when you open carry.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Scalarawitz Uniform in Hammond, I stopped at the door and read their sign "Please wear a mask." They were polite, so I donned the mask that VA insisted I wear and walked inside. They didn't have what I was looking for so as I exited I asked the fellow behind the counter to "Please don't call the police and report a masked gunman." He laughed and said the guy who just walked out was a cop and would shot me if it had been a problem.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just went to gas station. Door said they require masks, so fine, I put on my meaningless little cheap blue doctor mask.

Checking out, the clerk said, "Did you know you're committing a felony?" I wondered if this was some quip about open carry.... I asked "How so?" He said "Wearing a mask with a gun."

****in' got me on technicalities. Though he also said the cop that walked in behind me was doing it to. Probably one of those laws that would go ignored during this time. Had a laugh.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Just went to gas station. Door said they require masks, so fine, I put on my meaningless little cheap blue doctor mask.

Checking out, the clerk said, "Did you know you're committing a felony?" I wondered if this was some quip about open carry.... I asked "How so?" He said "Wearing a mask with a gun."

****in' got me on technicalities. Though he also said the cop that walked in behind me was doing it to. Probably one of those laws that would go ignored during this time. Had a laugh.

Its my understanding that Indiana doesn't have a law about carrying a firearm while masked.

They do have an add on charge if you are wearing the mask while committing a crime however

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI

https://concealednation.org/2020/07/state-by-state-can-i-legally-wear-a-mask-while-carrying-a-concealed-firearm/

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

I was previously unaware of any Indiana statute addressing the wearing of a mask while carrying a firearm, and based on a bit of googling, I was unable to find reference to any such statute.

Illinois has such a statute. Maybe the clerk was confusing Indiana statute with Illinois statute.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    OC most everywhere.

At the barbers today, old timer noticed. We talked guns.

Since you were likely carrying a wheel, when getting a haircut, do you cover it, find a little cleaning afterwards is necessary, or not pay any attention because it is a non issue?

Top Bottom