• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Thank you sir! We were at a city park that is open to the public. Lot of characters walking around. Saturday morning at 6am someone comes flying in to the park lost control hitting the guard rail that protects the grassy areas and then hit a tree. The person left the scene with a lot of his broken car parts up against the tree.

Not that I’m aware of. I know some kids that saw my fixed blade knife have switched over to a fixed blade. My son carries the ESEE-3 and some of the other ones carry older looking hunting knives.

Good on them!

I know that for a long time fixed blades in some troops have been verbotten, usually for bad reasons. In my opinion, a fixed blade is inherently safer because it can't close on fingers.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Good on them!

I know that for a long time fixed blades in some troops have been verbotten, usually for bad reasons. In my opinion, a fixed blade is inherently safer because it can't close on fingers.
    Early 80’s BSA HQ came down with a no fixed blade rule, along with no military style clothing to be worn at Scout functions, which signaled the end to my Scouting career (4 merit badges or so to Eagle Scout). My parents were quite perturbed that an organization founded on military ideals, and stocked by surplus military equipment would disallow military equipment in the field?

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Today I carried concealed everywhere I usually do, which is pretty much everywhere. Today just from home to work, and then tonight probably stop at the grocery store and then home. It is very very rare that I am not carrying.

Owners of the small business where I work came in recently. I have worked for them and with them (as in close proximity) for 5+ years now. The wife comes by at lease once per week, often more, and in the beginning when the business was starting up and when she was training me, spent considerable time together. The husband and I have worked together a bit on some projects on the property. Went his retirement ceremony when he retired from the Air National Guard, been with them to chamber of commerce meetings, conventions, etc.

All that is preamble to this: They recently came in for a visit and told me the husband had just gotten his LTC that past weekend. After some chat they asked me if I had a license. I told them I indeed had a license, I carried everywhere, and that they had never seen me when I wasn't armed. They were quite surprised, they had never noticed.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/HealthandSafety/gen_faq.aspx

Sheath Knives

Q. What is the official BSA regulation on carrying sheath knives?
    A.*The*Boy Scout Handbook,*Bear Handbook, and*Webelos Handbook*contain the program for the safe and responsible use of knives. The BSA believes choosing the right equipment for the job at hand is the best answer to the question of what specific knife should be used. We are aware that many councils or camps may have limits on the type or style of knife that should be used. The BSA neither encourages nor bans fixed-blade knives nor do we set a limit on blade length. Additional information is found in the*Guide to Safe Scouting

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    https://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/HealthandSafety/gen_faq.aspx

Sheath Knives

Q. What is the official BSA regulation on carrying sheath knives?
    A.*The*Boy Scout Handbook,*Bear Handbook, and*Webelos Handbook*contain the program for the safe and responsible use of knives. The BSA believes choosing the right equipment for the job at hand is the best answer to the question of what specific knife should be used. We are aware that many councils or camps may have limits on the type or style of knife that should be used. The BSA neither encourages nor bans fixed-blade knives nor do we set a limit on blade length. Additional information is found in the*Guide to Safe Scouting
    Good to know.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    (Paraphrasing) Same places we do every day Pinky... (everywhere).

6ba7ab9fa79bf82e9528d28374f06f50.jpg

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    First stop, Centerpoint Brewing... they had a guard cat, so I felt comfortable without my CC (even though I left it on me)

Df59jgzXUAEKIQJ.jpg:small

Next stop, Cannonball Brewing...

Df6KSHyXkAIpevh.jpg:small

Then Indiana City Brewing...

Df6gWHxW0AAtQEG.jpg:small

And finally... Taxman Brewing... no pics from there. They were PACKED.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Still getting used to carrying. Meijer, Menards, and a place where I was very nervous: at home. Shhhhhh

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Dreyer Yamaha. JimmyJohn's in Carmel, Dr's appt in Carmel. Castleton R.E.I. & Trader Joe's, another Carmel Dr's appt. Cycle Outfitters on Madison. Long day. G'night!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Nashville Indiana. Cedar Creek winery and brewery, Bear Hollow distillery, Hard Truth distillery.

Um... Chip Bennett... do you work at Cedar Creek? Saw someone there that looked just like you...

JayPea

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Youngsville
    Today’s CC was tooling around the house, walking to the mailbox and going to the garden nursery looking for new trees. Nothing exciting.

Top Bottom