• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    I was there for that event as well except I stayed with the semi in the parking lot. I could not carry as I went to the school to get the trailer to haul to the event. I have been to the stadium parking lot four times now but have yet to go inside the stadium.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    I was there for that event as well except I stayed with the semi in the parking lot. I could not carry as I went to the school to get the trailer to haul to the event. I have been to the stadium parking lot four times now but have yet to go inside the stadium.

You do know that you could have legally carried and locked your side arm in your vehicle while at the school, right? I'll be back at LOS today for the ISSMA state finals. If any of you are there, come by the Edgewood semi and say hi. I'll be wearing an INGO ball cap.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Starbucks, finally for the last time.

Mini-rant:

I've mostly avoided going there... but not so much for the political stuff. Lately it's been due to the business practices.

Back when I was a partner and worked for Starbucks, the company had passion for coffee. They had a "coffee master" program that partners could go through to get the coveted black apron! Oh it was awesome.

We did tastings of all different sorts of coffee, we discussed the nuances, we liked what we did with coffee. We also had older people on staff, and they lit up customer's days. They weren't the fastest, but no one cared, not even the customers. Starbucks advertised itself as the "third place", a place away from home to relax and enjoy coffee. Every week we brewed a different coffee, so customers could try something new!

Now, every week is sumatra. Every employee is a 20-something. From what I can see, there is no more coffee master program... there is no passion for the product... the menu gets filled with more and more items that take no less than 10 minutes to make... more food... and less coffee.

So much less, that my local Starbucks has stopped making Decaf. No, not just after noon... I mean at all. No more decaf. They say they "don't sell enough" but they'll be happy to make an alternative thing that takes 5-10 minutes. **** that.

Coffee is the root of what Starbucks is. There was bold, house (mild), and decaf. Now one of those is gone.

So am I.

That'll be the kick I needed to be 100% self-reliant on my coffee needs.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Wal-Mart (of course, everyone carries at Wal-Mart) and Crew Car Wash (that may or may no count.)

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    In the Detroit metro area for my Dads birthday dinner, up and back in a day of heavy fog and rain.
    GLOCK-27 spare 15 rd mag.
    Had to detour along I-75 South, through some urban blight in Motown, now on I-69 south of Ft. Wayne, still foggy headed back to Fishers.

Last edited:

steve0322

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Mooresville
    Benjamin Moore and home Depot on Michigan road, Duluth trading and Cabela's in Noblesville, Menards and market district in Carmel, then around the house in Mooresville.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    All weekend at a BSA Klondike Derby Campout. Glock 19 with TLR-1 on one side and a spare 19 round mag right beside my ESEE-4 on the other side.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    All weekend at a BSA Klondike Derby Campout. Glock 19 with TLR-1 on one side and a spare 19 round mag right beside my ESEE-4 on the other side.

Good on you for helping keep the scouts safe while you kept yourself safe! Does your troop get squeamish about fixed blade knives?

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Good on you for helping keep the scouts safe while you kept yourself safe! Does your troop get squeamish about fixed blade knives?
    Thank you sir! We were at a city park that is open to the public. Lot of characters walking around. Saturday morning at 6am someone comes flying in to the park lost control hitting the guard rail that protects the grassy areas and then hit a tree. The person left the scene with a lot of his broken car parts up against the tree.

Not that I’m aware of. I know some kids that saw my fixed blade knife have switched over to a fixed blade. My son carries the ESEE-3 and some of the other ones carry older looking hunting knives.

Top Bottom