• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    Aww Rach, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Pets are treasured family members and I understand the pain your family is feeling. You are all in my prayers.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    RM, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Until I joined INGO, I never knew how much a family can love their pet. I've never had one, but I certainly hope to get a dog one day. Even now, I hate the possibility of losing a family friend. I pray you and your family have many pleasant memories.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    It's very tough losing a beloved pet/friend. I lost mine 6 years ago and I still can't bring myself to get another one. Every time I consider it, I remember what I went through in the end and just can't do it.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    So sorry for your loss of your pet,I remember that pic with your daughter was your avatar at one time. I lost so many pets to the road I grew up near that I can relate.

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    I am so sorry! We lost Zeus our English Bulldog to ta heart attack back in February! He was our baby!!! Its hard! My wife has a poem about rainbows end or something like that,its real good I will get it from her or see if I can find it on the net so you can read it. We had Zeus cremated and he lives on the mantle now and when we go we will all be mixed together and spread over the pasture here on the farm. My condolences!

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I am so sorry! We lost Zeus our English Bulldog to ta heart attack back in February! He was our baby!!! Its hard! My wife has a poem about rainbows end or something like that,its real good I will get it from her or see if I can find it on the net so you can read it. We had Zeus cremated and he lives on the mantle now and when we go we will all be mixed together and spread over the pasture here on the farm. My condolences!

Rainbow Ridge

I just posted a link, because everytime I see it I read it...

I'm tired of reading it.
    (and that's not a bad thing)

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Like you said, a special pet like that can never be replaced. However, I would encourage you to remain open to eventually getting another dog when the time is right. You won't be replacing Skyy, you will simply be creating some new memories. From what I know of you, I can tell that the new memories you create will be good ones. I've lost some great pets. The pets that came later were not replacements, just new friends and I'm really glad I had them. :twocents:

Best Wishes

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    So sorry for you RM. I know how badly I'd feel if something happened to my Katie. Dogs are truly part of the family.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Rainbow Ridge

I just posted a link, because everytime I see it I read it...

I'm tired of reading it.
    (and that's not a bad thing)

I was just sent this by an Ingo friend. And then I had the bright Idea to sit in the tub last night and read "Chicken Soup for the pet lovers soul" which was a HORRIBLE idea, but ran across it again, in that book. Good story..but it'll make you cry like a little girl (And even more so if you've lost a pet recently).

As for another dog...maybe someday, but not anytime soon. I still have my Sam-I-Am (terrier) and she is old and getting close to going "home" herself. So until that time comes, I'll love the crap out of her and not take a single moment for granted.

Again folks, thank you.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom