• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Rachel, I've very, very sorry to hear about your loss. It never gets easier no matter if it is the first time to lose a companion or the fifth.

The following was penned by Lord Byron at the Newstead Abbey as a memorial to his Newf that was buried there. It always helps me...

Near this spot
    Are deposited the Remains of one
    Who possessed Beauty without Vanity,
    Strength without Insolence,
    Courage without Ferocity,
    And all the Virtues of Man without his Vices.
    This Praise, which would be unmeaning Flattery
    If inscribed over human ashes,
    Is but a just tribute to the Memory of
    BOATSWAIN, a DOG
    Who was born at Newfoundland, May, 1803,
    And died at Newstead, Nov 18th, 1808.​

Last edited:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I was just sent this by an Ingo friend whom I hold dear to my heart. And then I had the bright Idea to sit in the tub last night and read "Chicken Soup for the pet lovers soul" which was a HORRIBLE idea, but ran across it again, in that book. Good story..but it'll make you cry like a little girl (And even more so if you've lost a pet recently).

As for another dog...maybe someday, but not anytime soon. I still have my Sam-I-Am (terrier) and she is old and getting close to going "home" herself. So until that time comes, I'll love the crap out of her and not take a single moment for granted.

Again folks, thank you.

I'm still very thankful that I got another dog(Leonidas) before my buddy Zeus passed...Otherwise, there is no way I would have this little(~80 lbs) bastard right now, because I couldn't have brought myself to get another dog so soon.

R.I.P. Zeus, I'll never forget you.

R.I.P. Skyy, I never met you, but you sound like a keeper.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I'm so sorry for your loss.

My dog is a part of my family. I love her dearly and will mourn greatly when she passes on.

I'll be praying for you and your family.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Sorry to hear about your dog. I know what you are going through. I lost my Maligator to coyotes last week.

Your situation was one of the most brutal things I've heard/read about in awhile...I can't imagine that helpless feeling you must have endured while you watched it take place.

My condolences to you as well.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    I am really sorry to hear about this. I stop and pet my dog before I leave for work every night, and he is the first one at the door to greet me when I get home. Pets are family members, and should always be treated as such.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    As for another dog...maybe someday, but not anytime soon. I still have my Sam-I-Am (terrier) and she is old and getting close to going "home" herself. So until that time comes, I'll love the crap out of her and not take a single moment for granted.

Again folks, thank you.

Hey RM, I know you and your family are grieving now for your beloved Skyy, but keep your heart open, for you never know when another animal will be right for you. When I lost my Katie at 16, I thought I wouldn't want another animal for a LONG time. 2 days later, a friend calls me and says she has a little guy (black and white kitten) that is sickly but needs a loving home. I was reluctant, but a friend would take no for an answer, and with her, went to see him. I went home saying no, I'm not ready. 12 hours later, Max was mine and he still is, almost 15 years later. He's arthritic, in his knees, hips and now lower back, and even though he gets treatments for his art, I know he won't be around much longer. What I do know, is that I can never say never, because you never know when that next perfect pet will come around and they will need you as much as you need them. :)

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Sorry about your loss...I know what your saying about the guilt....When I was little I got my dog, we did everything together, when I went into the service Dad called an said she had gottin killed by a groundhog she was fighting, she was very old hunting dog, she got her juglar cut. I felr guilt for a long time because I had always been there to get her out of trouble, an this time I wasn't. I heard a singer(?) sing about "Mr. Bojangels"..."why is it a dog has to grow old an die....I sure do miss that ol dog."

Top Bottom