• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    I draw. I'm not the best, nor do I ever say I am. I do it because it's my release and my "Farewell".

As some of you know...
    Sunday I was out taking pictures with my daughter. When we were pulling away my dog runs around the house and jumps on the front porch. I seriously thought about pulling back in the drive and letting her in but figured she was enjoying the time outside and my husband was home to let her in when she scratched (she didn't scratch). She spent a lot of hours outside because she loved it. She has always been good about staying in the yard. This was the exception that cost us her life...
    I came home to my husband on the back porch with a shovel beside him covered in dirt and sand and sobbing. Skyy had been hit by an elderly couple ( I do not blame them as I know it was not their fault). She was killed instantly. Doug and I got Skyy a month after we moved in together in 2001. She was the most loyal dog I have ever met, and my best friend.
    Since Sunday, my world has been shattered. I know she's in a better place but the selfishness inside me wishes she was still here...and the guilt, oh the guilt. I loved her before I left on Sunday. Held her head in my hands and let her kiss me. I thank God I did because that was the only goodbye I got.
    Hug your dogs today, tomorrow and always. And please pray for our family. I haven't been sleeping because of this beautiful dog running through my head.

Anyways...here my last drawing of her....
    and a few pictures....

We love you Skyy....RIP my friend.

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    It's not fun loosing a friend like that. I had to put down my 15 yr old aussie in July. Got him when he was a pup and he was the best dog ever. It's even worse when you pull into the drive and your young dog darts in front of you and you hit him. Had that happen to me last fall. April got Tripp for me but was really hers. It was an accident and it still hurts today.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    My concolences to you and your family on your loss.

Many of the sweetest things in our lives travel through life like the fragrance of honeysuckle on a summer breeze. In to be enjoyed and appreciated for what they are and what they do best, only to be gone again all too soon.

Fortunately with our ability to feel loss, also comes the knowledge and ability to anticipate the future. Just as our friends pass through out lives your pain will dull and be replaced with more pleasant memories of the good you enjoyed together and soon anticipation and desired will return and help you enjoy the next season in life with the knowledge of how good it can be.

Last edited:

WillBrayJr

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Auburn, IN
    That bites. I've been there myself. The two best pets I've ever had was my Cat Lucifer, and Golden Hamster Mozart. I refuse to get another Cat or Hamster for that very reason.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I am in tears as I write this. I am very sorry for your loss. I lost a very special dog except mine was to a hit and run. My heart goes out to you and your family.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Thank you all for your words. Means the world. Crazy how a dog can grow to be a part of the family and in turn, have such a huge impact on your life. She will (by far) never be forgotten nor could I ever think about replacing her. She was one of a kind.

Knife lady...I too am sorry for your loss. The folks that hit her stopped and even came to the door. Both were elderly and used Oxygen, and both were in tears while telling my husband. I wish I was here to Thank them for taking the time to stop, and also apologize.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    zackhugz.jpg

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I don't draw, but I do write. I wrote a short story about our 17 pound Orange Male tabby cat... Sherbert. He died on Oct.13th of 2009, a little over a year ago, I still miss him. He was a great companion.
    I am truly sorry for your loss. :(

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Sorry for your loss, Rachel. A dog that I grew up with for 10 years was hit one day and I was the only person home to take care of it, I was about 13. That sucked.

I also ran over my sister's dog about a year after she got her. That sucked even more.

Dogs are great animals, and it always is unfortunate to have things happen to them.

Edit: I don't know what you are talking about, you draw better than I ever could. Good job.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    RM, I'd hug ya if I could...I feel your pain.

My first ever dog got hit by a car when I was 7; I was absolutely devastated.

It will get better as time passes, I promise.

Oh and don't feel guilty...You know letting her play outside made her happy and that's what you did. If you sheltered her, her entire life she wouldn't have been the dog she lived to be.

Top Bottom