• Total voters

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Great question and video. I have watched a lot of this guy's videos, and always has some good and funny things. Here is a good thought provoker though. What do you do when you see an obviously intoxicated person carrying?
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g10QDttdMT8&feature=my_liked_videos&list=LLgizkPX0RTXgBr3bn0AqfIA[/ame]

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Stay out of it and be a good witness????

There is that as well. I thought it was a good question. I had read that its not illegal in Indiana, on the other hand, booze and firearms never mix with GOOD results. Also, what the guy was doing in the video, does not sound like would be a good thing either. However, I do not know about calling the police out to solve everything in the world either.

Glock

Marksman
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    The person has not done anything against the law. Handle the situation exactly as you would for someone who is not drinking.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    I don't mind people carrying while they are drinking.

I do, however, hold an unfavorable opinion of carrying without a holster and careless or unsafe firearm handling in public.

Most people I have met that carry employ holsters, for obvious reasons. If I saw someone tuck a gun in basketball shorts without a belt or holster, the first thing that would probably come to mind would be "this individual probably does not carry regularly, what are his intentions?"

I likely would not have called the police, but this would have definitely aroused my suspicion.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    How do you know the guy was drunk? And do you call the cops on ANY drunk that walks into an Applebee's? Or ANY person carrying a gun? Then why when the two are combined?
    He would have to do something unsafe or illegal before I would call 911! JMO!

357 Terms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Between SB and FT.W
    I have seen many examples of poor/irresponsible gun handling from sober people.

You can't call the cops on stupidity.

If I saw someone carrying, and drunk I would probably leave him alone as long as he wasn't a danger.

Now if he was handling a firearm or acting agitated or unrully, that would change things.

wild willy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Here we go... AGAIN... IBTL.

IMO, I'd leave it be, and leave the area that was I would not be effected in the outcome of the situation.

I failed to mention...they are also my friends......Just like their beer..as do I. I would never carry while drinking....asking for trouble.

I also would not call the police on the guy....So long as he bothered no one.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    It depends on the situation. The man in the video never said anything about the person carrying becoming confrontational and/or belligerent. In this case I would keep an eye on him, but I don't know if I would call the cops. I wasn't there and can't say for certain though. If the person was acting in a manner to cause concern, then yes I would call the police and no I would not second guess if what I did was "overreacting," that's for the responding officers to decide.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    If he was just tucking a Glock into his shorts I would not have called the cops. I would simply have kept a close eye. If he did something dumber, then we can go from there.

It's not illegal to carry a gun while drunk. At least here. So no crime, no need for the cops.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    what did the guy do wrong? some people should mind their own business.

Assuming "the guy" you are referring to is the drunk guy and not the snitch, this has got to be the single worst post i have ever read.

If you are drunk, you are not aloud to drive for a reason. Alcohol impairs your judgment and motor skills and reduces your cognitive abilities to that of a moron.

We have thread upon thread about how the real safety for any gun is between the ears, if the mind isn't right then the person should NOT have a gun on their person.

To see the situation and not do anything is not only irresponsible but also dangerous. If the same guy stumbled drunk to his car, I sure hope you'd do something.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'm very probe to mind my own business in this case. Even if the person is drunk, he will have to be acting unsafely with the firearms before I seek to intervene. I'm not a fan of drunks, and I'm even less of a fan of drunks with guns. All I know is that I can control my personal conduct. I very rarely get drunk, but when the alcohol comes out, the guns go away.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    This is a tough one--not because the guy was carrying drunk, but because HOW he was carrying. Anyone who'd stick a Glock in their waistband, drunk or sober, is simply a fool. The whole scenario sounds dangerous. I think I'd rather tried to get the guy's attention before he walked in and politely suggest he consider not combining so many unsafe decisions. I wouldn't have called the cops unless he was a total a-hole about it. If that conversation proved impossible, I'd just have kept an eye on him and called the cops only if he appeared to be headed for further trouble. This is all theory, though--I wasn't there, and a lot could depend on being there firsthand.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    This is a tough one--not because the guy was carrying drunk, but because HOW he was carrying. Anyone who'd stick a Glock in their waistband, drunk or sober, is simply a fool. The whole scenario sounds dangerous. I think I'd rather tried to get the guy's attention before he walked in and politely suggest he consider not combining so many unsafe decisions.

How do you do that?

You: "Hey buddy, maybe you should put your gun in your car, get some coffee, and sober up!"

Him: "Oh yeah, Mabey you should *#%* off and die!"

You: ".........."?

Top Bottom