What Reps do we Primary out next election?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Poo-slinging aside....

Short of running as a candidate yourself, primaries are THE tool to either a) get the right person for the job, or b) get the wrong person out. Sticking with your sports analogy, we can show the team of choice that us shareholders are not above switching up the batting order now and then.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    The problem with this concept is that it is proposing purity tests, basically.

Who decides who is "pure" (ie. Republican) and who does not? This is like trying to decide who is really Christian and who is not. Catholics? Lutherans? Baptists? Amish? Presbyterians?

There will always be some disagreement within any organization. This is natural. If someone believes that a diehard Kentucky Republican would have a hope in hell of being elected anywhere in California, that's just loopy. Good luck with that one. That would be like a far left East Coast liberal democrat being elected in Kentucky. Not happening.

So how do you decide who to keep and who to purge? It's a difficult question. I know because we had it within the Allen County Libertarian Party many years ago. I think I was Okay with someone being on the Libertarian ticket if they agreed with about 70% of our stated policies. They had to agree with us over 2/3 of the time, but not 100% for heavens sake! I didn't agree with everything that was in there - and I was one of the bloody officers.

If these folks are truly not voting with the Republican party at least 50% of the time, then yes, by all means remove them. But if it's 80%, or even 90%? Really? Bash away at your own peril. (Same goes for all other parties too.)

Regards,

Doug

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    With the murderer of the flag wrapped Ashley Babbott still being g kept secret,Trump requesting 10,000 National Guard and the POS Mayor turning him down,conservatives who got arrested still being held in solitary confinement for 23 hrs. a day without a arraignment and only God knows for how long and where they are being held,Chuck Shumer wanting every conservative who was in D.C on the 6th to be banned from future air travel, and the latest film of Capitol police giving the 10 cent tour to the trespassers, and Pelosi cutting Capitol police that weekend,that Storming Of The Capital has SET UP written all over it. This cooperation with the enemy to help keep their crumbling "Hey look a Squirrel "moment alive is a back stab to anyone who has been paying attention. Purity test you all say? For this comfort to the enemy.....you Damn Right.

Last edited:

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Last edited:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    All Conservatives get a bad rap for Republicans implementing policies that most conservative voters don't even agree with. That's why I liked Trump. If I'm going to catch hell by association, at least let it be for stuff I actually agree with.

I don't want a Republican Majority, if it's going to sell America down the river to Globalist Neoliberalism. If that's the government we're going to get, I'd much rather have it delivered by a Democrat Majority than a Republican one.

I'm tired of Professional Republicans implementing bad policy and accepting the blame on behalf of all Conservatism. Let the Democrats do that crap and take the accountability. If Republicans demonstrate they don't know what to do with a Majority (and they don't), I'm ok with them not having one for a little while.

Right now, Joe Manchin is more useful to me than John Boehner ever thought of being.

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    With the murderer of the flag wrapped Ashley Babbott still being g kept secret,Trump requesting 10,000 National Guard and the POS Mayor turning him down,conservatives who got arrested still being held in solitary confinement for 23 hrs. a day without a arraignment and only God knows for how long and where they are being held,Chuck Shumer wanting every conservative who was in D.C on the 6th to be banned from future air travel, and the latest film of Capitol police giving the 10 cent tour to the trespassers, and Pelosi cutting Capitol police that weekend,that Storming Of The Capital has SET UP written all over it. This cooperation with the enemy to help keep their crumbling "Hey look a Squirrel "moment alive is a back stab to anyone who has been paying attention. Purity test you all say? For this comfort to the enemy.....you Damn Right.

No kidding.

This isn't like being angry that someone took a more nuanced position on a football policy issue, than the rest of the party.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If we keep up the witch hunts, the the number of GOP congressmen will be small enough to completely fit in a tree house.

And please explain the calculus on how wanting a congressional investigation is supporting the Democrat 2022 election strategy?
    From my vantage point, The GOP's strategy off throwing people overboard is playing into a Dem 2022 overwhelming election.

Seems to me that you can get and overwhelming majority just by not being bat-**** crazy. Oh no, says the GOP, "You want crazy? I'll show you crazy!"
    If it were a real ass congressional investigation, that would be quite dandy. A real ass congressional investigation would seek to ferret out the whole truth. One such truth might be why Nancy Pelosi refused to beef up security after having been briefed on credible evidence that it was gonna happen.

But this congressional investigation isn’t for the purpose of discovering all the facts about 1/6. It is about keeping this story in front of people leading into midterms.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If the people you're electing simply bat for the other team, that (R) doesn't mean a whole lot. It's a false sense of security.

Either way you have lost political capital.

There's enough people in this country to at least get someone who actually bats for the team.
    As long as we’re discussing bats, can we primary these GOP’ers with someone sane? I don’t mind a sane right-winger representing me but I’d really rather avoid having any more bat **** crazy Republicans in Congress. They’re not part of the solution. Someone who has a firm grasp on reality would be swell.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    As long as we’re discussing bats, can we primary these GOP’ers with someone sane? I don’t mind a sane right-winger representing me but I’d really rather avoid having any more bat **** crazy Republicans in Congress. They’re not part of the solution. Someone who has a firm grasp on reality would be swell.
    So, have you done anything?

I spent my pre-work morning writing to the GOP national Republican Party email address a little missive about what I expect in those I vote for.

I'm not fully delusional, but on the off chance that it actually gets read by a human being maybe it will at least get the reader to think.

My little missive was fairly short and simply reiterated that I was checking the votes of those who represented me and would no longer vote for those who did not represent my values, and did not demonstrate that they were constitutionalist. I urged the national Republican Party to coalesce around a position of constitutionalism above all else. I also urged them to eject those members who do not demonstrate through their votes and actions their commitment to their oath.

The Romney's the Cheney's, and a host of others need to go. If they wish to retain and embrace them then the Republican national Party should not be surprised when American citizens abandon them for candidates who do in fact honor their oath to uphold defend and protect the Constitution of the United States of America.

If that is with a new constitutionalist party, so be it. As traditional Democrats begin to realize their party has been completely consumed by communists, there will be some who will look for someplace else to put their support. Someone needs to be prepared to welcome them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I spent my pre-work morning writing to the GOP national Republican Party email address a little missive about what I expect in those I vote for.

I'm not fully delusional, but on the off chance that it actually gets read by a human being maybe it will at least get the reader to think.

My little missive was fairly short and simply reiterated that I was checking the votes of those who represented me and would no longer vote for those who did not represent my values, and did not demonstrate that they were constitutionalist. I urged the national Republican Party to coalesce around a position of constitutionalism above all else. I also urged them to eject those members who do not demonstrate through their votes and actions their commitment to their oath.

The Romney's the Cheney's, and a host of others need to go. If they wish to retain and embrace them then the Republican national Party should not be surprised when American citizens abandon them for candidates who do in fact honor their oath to uphold defend and protect the Constitution of the United States of America.

If that is with a new constitutionalist party, so be it. As traditional Democrats begin to realize their party has been completely consumed by communists, there will be some who will look for someplace else to put their support. Someone needs to be prepared to welcome them.
    I will lay odds your and my e-mails go into a dark hole to be cherry picked before being completely read if the ever are.
    Those staff could give 2 :poop:s as to what we think. The decisions are already bought and paid for long before we here about them. We no longer have a voice. We did. We elected Trump and it scared the crap out of the Rhino's and crap bags to the point that they all......every freaking one of them.....colluded into the mess we are now being subjected to. The entire bunch needs to go. All of them and the staff the lawyers and those we do not elect that hold sway over us.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I don't care for the Romney's and the Cheney's either, but that's up to their own constituents to decide who should represent them. If they want establishment ********ers that's their vote. Utah broke so hard for Trump I'd have a hard time believing Romney's not going to get a big challenge.

As for who represents me, I've been reluctantly voting for Hollingsworth in the 9th, because he's at least better than any Democrat, but if the person who primaries Hollingsworth is a conspiracy kook, I'm not voting for that.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If we keep up the witch hunts, the the number of GOP congressmen will be small enough to completely fit in a tree house.

And please explain the calculus on how wanting a congressional investigation is supporting the Democrat 2022 election strategy?
    From my vantage point, The GOP's strategy off throwing people overboard is playing into a Dem 2022 overwhelming election.

Seems to me that you can get and overwhelming majority just by not being bat-**** crazy. Oh no, says the GOP, "You want crazy? I'll show you crazy!"
    It's quite ... instructive ... that in Jetta world, trying to purge the Trump supporters from the Republican Party raises no such concerns. If I have a say in the matter (and I do) I will purge the 'business as usual, CoC 'republicans' before I will acquiesce to the purge of MAGA. Maybe take the concern trolling elsewhere

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    No kidding.

This isn't like being angry that someone took a more nuanced position on a football policy issue, than the rest of the party.
    Nuance makes me angry. It seems to always be used to provide cover for those in the party working against what I value

Nuance gets you Liz Cheney, who is all about herself and her enablers and none about what her constituents or the republican electorate might actually want. After all, its not her kids that go die in order to keep those contribution checks coming from the M-I complex

What do you want to bet she'll be displaying 'nuance' on Hamas and Gaza because that will help feed the pipeline for her benefactors. That apple didn't fall very far from the tree at all

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Nuance makes me angry. It seems to always be used to provide cover for those in the party working against what I value

Nuance gets you Liz Cheney, who is all about herself and her enablers and none about what her constituents or the republican electorate might actually want. After all, its not her kids that go die in order to keep those contribution checks coming from the M-I complex

What do you want to bet she'll be displaying 'nuance' on Hamas and Gaza because that will help feed the pipeline for her benefactors. That apple didn't fall very far from the tree at all

There's nuance and then there's fence sitting. What you're describing is fence sitting.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Nuance is just the difference between a binary understanding of the world and an analog understanding of the world. There is plenty of capacity in a nuanced outlook that can resolve that representatives like Liz Cheney is part of the problem in the GOP. It's not nuance that makes JK disagree with you. If you didn't think in Binary terms you could probably resolve the difference yourself.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Ah, purity tests...

...where we value righteous indignation above policy.

I'll take a person who agrees with me 75% of the time over someone I never agree with every time.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What if that 25% of the time includes a belief that we have to get involved in wars in stupid places like Syria and Iran, and what if it appears pretty obvious that she is eaten up with TDS because Trump disrespected her dad? Is 75% good enough in that case?

Some things do need to be pure

Top Bottom