Not open for further replies.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    BLM is an organization/group founded on a lie which provides the justification for a segment of our society to act like savages and bully their way into the spotlight. It was born out of the “Hands up - don’t shoot” nonsense after the Michael Brown shooting in Ferguson, MO. The “leadership” of Ferguson blundered practically every aspect of the situation and continued to make bad decisions which ultimately resulted in riots.

The activities this group attempts to justify are apparently desirable as we saw another major outburst from the savages when the “leadership” in Baltimore decided to lie about the death of Freddie Gray. Once again the “leadership” allowed the city to be taken over by a lawless crowd angered by an imagined wrongful death.

It’s nothing more than a furtherance of the liberal agenda and the most vocal group attempting to protect their victim status. Their claims are based on lies and exaggerations and they (as a whole) have no direction or goal other than to disrupt the lives of as many people as possible.

The most unfortunate aspect about the whole mess is the support this movement is receiving by the “leadership” in Washington D.C. Attempts to change the definition of words, refusal to call criminals criminals, attempts to forgive certain crimes based on the color of the perpetrators skin and continuous remarks and actions which serve to do nothing but divide this country along racial lines.

They aren’t demanding equality, they’re demanding special treatment. They’ve been misled and flat out lied to for decades by a political party claiming to have their best interests at heart but who has done nothing but prevent their advancement. Many of them claim they want equality, for everyone to be color blind yet these same people will never pass up an opportunity to remind other’s that they’re different. It’s a huge contradiction.

The fact is that racism is a mere fraction of what it was in this country 25 years ago. What we have are significant divides along cultural lines and that will never change. It has nothing to do with the color of one’s skin, it has everything to do with their behavior and the choices they make. I’ve done police work in every part of Indianapolis. I’ve encountered people of every race that I would prefer not to spend time or live around and I’ve encountered people of every race whom I would enjoy spending time around (and do). I live in a diverse neighborhood and to my knowledge everyone gets along because skin color, race, religion and nationality don’t matter to intelligent, mature adults. What matters is how people choose to behave. Seems simple enough yet so many struggle to get it, they don’t want to give up that victim status.

I would like to steal this and post on my FB if cool.

TheHive

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Well Said,

BLM is an organization/group founded on a lie which provides the justification for a segment of our society to act like savages and bully their way into the spotlight. It was born out of the “Hands up - don’t shoot” nonsense after the Michael Brown shooting in Ferguson, MO. The “leadership” of Ferguson blundered practically every aspect of the situation and continued to make bad decisions which ultimately resulted in riots.

The activities this group attempts to justify are apparently desirable as we saw another major outburst from the savages when the “leadership” in Baltimore decided to lie about the death of Freddie Gray. Once again the “leadership” allowed the city to be taken over by a lawless crowd angered by an imagined wrongful death.

It’s nothing more than a furtherance of the liberal agenda and the most vocal group attempting to protect their victim status. Their claims are based on lies and exaggerations and they (as a whole) have no direction or goal other than to disrupt the lives of as many people as possible.

The most unfortunate aspect about the whole mess is the support this movement is receiving by the “leadership” in Washington D.C. Attempts to change the definition of words, refusal to call criminals criminals, attempts to forgive certain crimes based on the color of the perpetrators skin and continuous remarks and actions which serve to do nothing but divide this country along racial lines.

They aren’t demanding equality, they’re demanding special treatment. They’ve been misled and flat out lied to for decades by a political party claiming to have their best interests at heart but who has done nothing but prevent their advancement. Many of them claim they want equality, for everyone to be color blind yet these same people will never pass up an opportunity to remind other’s that they’re different. It’s a huge contradiction.

The fact is that racism is a mere fraction of what it was in this country 25 years ago. What we have are significant divides along cultural lines and that will never change. It has nothing to do with the color of one’s skin, it has everything to do with their behavior and the choices they make. I’ve done police work in every part of Indianapolis. I’ve encountered people of every race that I would prefer not to spend time or live around and I’ve encountered people of every race whom I would enjoy spending time around (and do). I live in a diverse neighborhood and to my knowledge everyone gets along because skin color, race, religion and nationality don’t matter to intelligent, mature adults. What matters is how people choose to behave. Seems simple enough yet so many struggle to get it, they don’t want to give up that victim status.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Kut- I don't wish to offend people I don't know without cause and obviously what I say to friends isn't always ok based on societys need for political correctness but I am not going to walk on egg shells just because someone might take offense to something I may say either. IMHO some people just need to grow thick skin...growing up as a white kid I was often the minority in social settings and I have been on the recieving end of racism plenty of times. So for the last time I never meant to insult anyone. Good day

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Kut- I don't wish to offend people I don't know without cause and obviously what I say to friends isn't always ok based on societys need for political correctness but I am not going to walk on egg shells just because someone might take offense to something I may say either. IMHO some people just need to grow thick skin...growing up as a white kid I was often the minority in social settings and I have been on the recieving end of racism plenty of times. So for the last time I never meant to insult anyone. Good day

You don't have to walk on eggshells with me. You don't to have to be PC. But you do need to have enough common sense that making jokes about black people and watermelon falls outside, not being PC, and is just plain offensive.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

Well said, would rep if I could.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You don't have to walk on eggshells with me. You don't to have to be PC. But you do need to have enough common sense that making jokes about black people and watermelon falls outside, not being PC, and is just plain offensive.

I have read and re-read that post and the ones that followed.
    Is there a chance it was not intended in the manner it was taken by you and a few others.
    I can see both "Blunt" ends here.
    I have heard this reference more than once and it was never in a racial context.
    That it fell into this thread one might (if looking for it) see this as a racial slur.
    Me, not in this case.
    This is an example of how critical we as a society have become.
    Opinions and responses on this have been discussed.
    Not directed at just you Kut. Your post is a good reference to this issue.

Of course this is JMHO and nothing more.

Lets move on please.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Kut- I have to disagree simply based on the fact every redneck white person I know loves watermellon tastes great especially on a hot summer day and hell we love to shoot them too just for fun. I was comparing the intellect of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and what they have said during interviews on major news media as it relates to the BLM group. I simply chose to use a phrase I have used on many occasions. People trying to use foods and associate it with race is just dumb...I'm a fried chicken watermellon cornbread and greens and sometimes general tso eatin redneck white boy and have no problem with anyone based on their skin tone.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Kut- I have to disagree simply based on the fact every redneck white person I know loves watermellon tastes great especially on a hot summer day and hell we love to shoot them too just for fun. I was comparing the intellect of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and what they have said during interviews on major news media as it relates to the BLM group. I simply chose to use a phrase I have used on many occasions. People trying to use foods and associate it with race is just dumb...I'm a fried chicken watermellon cornbread and greens and sometimes general tso eatin redneck white boy and have no problem with anyone based on their skin tone.

OK.......Did you not read my post.........#69 for reference.

Lets move on please.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

If I may....

Black Lives Matter, neither a cohesive group nor an organization. It has no headquarters, no national officers, no national budget, nor an ideological consensus amongst Its supporters.
    Black Lives Matter was founded upon the truth, that generally within American Society, that Black lives are diminished based unequal application of law and inherent biases. The Black Lives Matter Movement was been incorrectly believed to begin with the shooting of Michael Brown, in Ferguson, MO. However the initial movement began with the death of Trayvon Martin, after which the first hash tag of “#blacklivesmatter” appeared.

The Trayvon Martin episode, to thisday still raises questions, and regardless of where one’s belief falls on the issue, the initial reason it began rests solely on the belief, that a black man, walking in the rain was suspicious, and required to be confronted by law enforcement (as originally planned), despite no obvious indication of wrongdoing. It is from such instances Black Lives Matters seek to bring attention, and ask how rise above such biases.

In the initial stages of the movement, civil unrest was common. Since, there have been hundreds upon hundreds of such demonstrations, with the vast majority being peaceful, without creating harm to either property or people. The exceptions obviously come to national attention, and allow those whom have either not seen or ignored the peaceful gatherings, to assign unflattering labels upon the entire movement.

Black Lives Matter does not want special treatment. Black Lives Matter wants black people, to be seen as individuals, to be treated the same way any other American citizen not only expects, but demands.

The Black Lives Matter movement, generally, is peaceful in its purpose. However, there are some, who identify with the movement, that have radical ideas about how the goals of the movement are to be accomplished. And to some, they give an opportunity to detract from the movement, by attempting to paint those radical persons as representative ofthe entire movement. If one is to use such logic, then it would be only fair to label police, the Tea Party, or any number of groups, as racist due to the actions/words of the few.

In a perfect world, we would be judged by our behavior and the choices we make. We don’t live in a perfect world. We live in a world where simply because a person belongs to a demographic that does this percent of this crime, or this percent of that crime, aren't respected as an individual, but are defaulted to 40% of murders, 70% of violent crime. When one walks into a situation with such on the mind, itsnot surprising how often things go bad. Black Lives Matter seeks to remedy this.

Kut (is sure this wont be taken well, and probably met with ridicule)

Last edited:

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    If I may....

Black Lives Matter, neither a cohesive group nor an organization. It has no headquarters, no national officers, no national budget, nor an ideological consensus amongst Its supporters.

Kinda like the Mafia, Manson Family, KKK or Weather Underground?

Last edited:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Martin attacked Zimmerman.
    Doesn't matter if Martin got p*ssed off because he was profiled.
    Kicked out of school (doesn't happen first oops) and thrown out by his mom for the 3rd time (living with dad who was staying with GF).
    He was not of the neighborhood, and indeed was trouble (proved it).
    Autopsy showed brain damage from DM abuse. His skittles and tea was 2/3 of the concoction "lean".

If BLM started there, they did so on the wrong foot.

The Brown thing was also bad, since he got what he friggin' deserved as well.

Maybe, just maybe, they ought to champion legit cases (maybe the Minn Case)
    But then they'd have to wait for the facts.

Oh snap.

IMHO BLM is not a cause, it's a mob. Do what we want or we will burn sh*t down.

To work against injustice they need a new group. The one now is poisoned. They did that to themselves by springboarding off of violent criminal cases.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If I may....

Black Lives Matter was founded upon the truth, that generally within American Society, that Black lives are diminished based unequal application of law and inherent biases. The Black Lives Matter Movement was been incorrectly believed to begin with the shooting of Michael Brown, in Ferguson, MO. However the initial movement began with the death of Trayvon Martin, after which the first hash tag of “#blacklivesmatter” appeared.

The Trayvon Martin episode, to thisday still raises questions, and regardless of where one’s belief falls on the issue, the initial reason it began rests solely on the belief, that a black man, walking in the rain was suspicious, and required to be confronted by law enforcement (as originally planned), despite no obvious indication of wrongdoing. It is from such instances Black Lives Matters seek to bring attention, and ask how rise above such biases.

In the initial stages of the movement, civil unrest was common. Since, there have been hundreds upon hundreds of such demonstrations, with the vast majority being peaceful, without creating harm to either property or people. The exceptions obviously come to national attention, and allow those whom have either not seen or ignored the peaceful gatherings, to assign unflattering labels upon the entire movement.

Black Lives Matter does not want special treatment. Black Lives Matter wants black people, to be seen as individuals, to be treated the same way any other American citizen not only expects, but demands.

The Black Lives Matter movement, generally, is peaceful in its purpose. However, there are some, who identify with the movement, that have radical ideas about how the goals of the movementare to be accomplished. And to some, they give an opportunity to detract from the movement, by attempting to paint those radical persons as representative ofthe entire movement. If one is to use such logic, then it would be only fair to label police, the Tea Party, or any number of groups, as racist due to the actions/words of the few.

In a perfect world, we would be judged by our behavior and the choices we make. We don’t live in a perfect world. We live in a world where simply because a person belongs to a demographic that does this percent of this crime, or this percent of that crime, are respected as an individual, but are defaulted to 40% of murders, 70% of violent crime. When one walks into a situation with such on the mind, itsnot surprising how often things go bad. Black Lives Matter seeks to remedy this.

Kut (is sure this wont be taken well, and probably met with ridicule)

This is from your perspective and not up to ridicule.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom