Not open for further replies.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    It’s the same for the right wing media outlets, but I imagine that isn’t so clear to you.

It's brought up in "right wing media", buy you should be keenly aware by now of what the canned response is.
    Pointing black on black crime out as a problem is "racist".

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It's brought up in "right wing media", buy you should be keenly aware by now of what the canned response is.
    Pointing black on black crime out as a problem is "racist".
    I've never seen it indicated that simply saying "Black on Black crime" is racist.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Calling attention to it is just because "you racist".
    This is the playbook.
    You haven't seen this behavior in practice? Really?

Here, let me help...

https://abcnews.go.com/US/black-black-crime-loaded-controversial-phrase-heard-amid/story?id=72051613

However, there are activists and academics who say that "Black-on-Black crime" is an offensive phrase; its origins rooted in America's racist legacy and meant to demean Black people as criminally inclined.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    No, that's not quite what's being said. Saying "Black on Black" crime isn't the issue. Its an issue when people say "Black Lives Matter," and someone attempts to detract from it by saying "what about Black on Black crime." The Black community has been attempting to address Black on Black crime for years. That's not a new thing.

You know how I can tell you didn't read the article?

Still, for academics like Muhammad and many Black activists, the phrase should be stricken from the American lexicon.

Critics of the phrase often make the point that while white men are overrepresented in committing domestic acts of terror and white-collar financial crimes, which have serious consequences, the term "white-on-white crime" is never used in those cases. Those acts are as committed by an individual and not representative of a group.

"Black people are committing crimes against themselves or causing harm in the community. There must be something wrong with Black people -- that's the conversation unfortunately, that we're still having," said Muhammad. "And that is the racist legacy of the past repeating itself."

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    No, I did read that part, and considered bring up the "White on White crime" part, but knew no good would have come from that.
    When was the last Burn Loot Murder protest regarding all the unarmed white people that die in police encounters? Keep on shoveling though, you have definitely found your niche.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom