• Status
    Not open for further replies.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    I find the BLM people to be way more racist than the people they are protesting. If we are going to move on, everyone (on both sides, although one particular side seems to yell "racism" at every chance) needs to learn to let the past go.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Certainly there are racists in all walks of life but the BLM group and those who seem to associate with them certainly toss the word racist around every chance they get. Makes me laugh when Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton spew the same kind of hatred. I can't understand why news hosts even interview them any more. They just fan flames and stir the pot. Intelctually I think they are about as sharp as the big end of a watermellon...no pun intended..ok maybe some

Last edited:

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Certainly there are racists in all walks of life but the BLM group and those who seem to associate with them certainly toss the word racist around every chance they get. Makes me laugh when Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton spew the same kind of hatred. I can't understand why news hosts even interview them any morlaughy just fan flames and stir the pot. Intelctually lctually I think they are about as sharp as the big end of a watermellon...no pun intended..ok maybe some

Yea that's not a pun. It's something though.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yea that's not a pun. It's something though.

Sometimes these threads are good at shining spotlights on things. Perhaps maybe some will recognize how they come off when they read their own words, lol.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Black Lives Matter are All Racist Thugs!

I am told that I'm an expert and have studied racism all my live so I should know....................because I'm White. :n00b:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Black Lives Matter are All Racist Thugs!

I am told that I'm an expert and have studied racism all my live so I should know....................because I'm White. :n00b:

That systemic racism everyone talks about...

Is that racism can only apply to a majority and that a minority can never be considered racist. So instead of society outing hatred, they breed it and encourage it until it becomes the very thing they protest against.

Any racial supremacist group is racist, regardless of their color, culture, or origin. It'd do everyone well to realize this.

The day the fist is considered just as offensive as a swastika is the day society finally understands what equality means.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    In response to posts made after mine, even after reading what I wrote I am not sure how others might have taken it. But, I will say it has not been my intention to fan flames. Just saying it the way I see it. But, I will also say I am always willing to hear someone else's side of an issue. Never meant to be offensive but not a wordsmith either

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    In response to posts made after mine, even after reading what I wrote I am not sure how others might have taken it. But, I will say it has not been my intention to fan flames. Just saying it the way I see it. But, I will also say I am always willing to hear someone else's side of an issue. Never meant to be offensive but not a wordsmith either

Youre not sure how others might have taken it??? Lol, c'mon bro. At the very least, you thought you were around like-minded people who wouldn't have an issue with the quip. It appears you were "mostly" right... But some others don't particularly fancy those who would resort to such.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    First I only personally know like 3 people here, so I honestly didn't give any thought to weather or not I was around like minded people. The OP's question sounded like they were asking for opinions and thats what I gave. And I never meant to be offensive and would be glad to listen to exactly what part was offensive and why.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    First I only personally know like 3 people here, so I honestly didn't give any thought to weather or not I was around like minded people. The OP's question sounded like they were asking for opinions and thats what I gave. And I never meant to be offensive and would be glad to listen to exactly what part was offensive and why.

Look at my avatar. I share a similar shade. Look at you post again, and you tell me if you have an issue understanding why what you posted could be construed as offensive.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I think it's dismissive to not look at the movement and question 'why' it exists. I won't pretend to agree 100% with the 'why' myself, but it's ignorant to dismiss the movement all together when one could try to understand someone else's viewpoint, and more importantly where they are coming from.

IMO, the complete dependence (and failings) of the promises from the democratic party and policies. I wish repubs would get more involved and fix crap in poor areas... but that's an entirely different discussion all together.

But dismissing this group alltogether, as not being worthy of your time to understand what's happening in the world around you?
    Half tempted to trash the thread if the only focus is to bash the movement with little to no solutions or understanding.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis

I'll make an attempt. I think it was the watermelon remark. Generally, that's seen as a perpetuation of a racist stereotype. You could have said "bowling ball". But you said "watermelon ".

Did you get my point? And by "point" I mean like the point on the top of a KKK hood.

See, that's how it came across to some.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I think it's dismissive to not look at the movement and question 'why' it exists. I won't pretend to agree 100% with the 'why' myself, but it's ignorant to dismiss the movement all together when one could try to understand someone else's viewpoint, and more importantly where they are coming from.

IMO, the complete dependence (and failings) of the promises from the democratic party and policies. I wish repubs would get more involved and fix crap in poor areas... but that's an entirely different discussion all together.

But dismissing this group alltogether, as not being worthy of your time to understand what's happening in the world around you?
    Half tempted to trash the thread if the only focus is to bash the movement with little to no solutions or understanding.

Rand Paul offered a solution of special economic zones to bring prosperity back to their communities, they laughed at him and ignored him.

It might have started with legitimate intentions, but just like occupy wallstreet, it was co-opted and destroyed, devolving into nothing more than a group who wants to have anarchy and constant protests even after their members kill police officers.

The serious members need to give it up and form a serious group who doesn't accept funding from special interests if they want to regain legitimacy. As it stands now, it's an illegitimate group made up of domestic terrorists who already have blood on their hands, and I will stand by that statement even if it costs me my account.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Wow...seriously the watermellon was the issue? I have a few friends that happen to be well educated black men and I say the same things around them and it has never been a problem. So frankly I didn't give it any thought. For those who may have been offended again I seriously meant nothing by it.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    After watching several news personalities try to intetview people at protests who don't express anything but hate it has molded my opinion of the movement as it currently is...it could change if they give real reasons for their anger without bringing up issues such as slavery from 150years ago and keep it to say the last 20yrs

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom