• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Everyone needs to re-read Aesop’s “Ant and the Grasshopper”. Short fable but the message is timeless. Applies to this and many other situations.

rb288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2019
    Grovertown
    As others have said, it's worth what you are willing to pay to get it.
    If you need some, you will pay more, if you don't, you won't.
    A very simple concept.
    Unfortunately, the situation we are in, now, may not change for quit a while.
    I reload, so, I have supplies to make several hundred rounds of any caliber I need, before I need to fall back on my stash of commercial ammo.
    But, when those supplies run out......

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    If worse becomes worse down the road will turn my marlin 80 into a muzzle loading 22 using those ramset powder loads and 22 pellets. Ended up buying 1800 of those in 3 different power levels for 4 cents a piece from a store that was going out of business and was 30% off original price of 5.69.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    If worse becomes worse down the road will turn my marlin 80 into a muzzle loading 22 using those ramset powder loads and 22 pellets. Ended up buying 1800 of those in 3 different power levels for 4 cents a piece from a store that was going out of business and was 30% off original price of 5.69.
    Ive got some 223 cartridge adapters around here someplace that use shotgun primers and 22 pellets......saw shotgun primers in the LGS yesterday......pellets can be ordered on line....not sure. Maybe ebay for the adapters?

Last edited:

Poncho53

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2013
    Hammond
    Same here save for a few very close and deserving friends.
    Many requests. All refused. As they were warned this was coming but still bought only what they intended to shoot.
    Now they are freaking. NMFP as I tried.
    Same here. I've been reminding my friends for the past year that if they're interested in purchasing a firearm they should make that a priority and definitely do so prior to the election. Not in a fanatical (grab every gun you can) kind of way either. Mid year, a local dealer was selling the RUGER AR-556 for $729 and I told a friend who said they wanted an AR-15 that since it's the most bang for your buck, go grab one. Or at minimum buy the serialized lower. Of course he dragged his feet and last week he calls and says he's now ready to buy an AR... I told him good luck. Yeah, you can find them now for close to double, if not more and ammo is nearly impossible to find on the shelves. Same guy sends me a link the other day to Cheaper than Dirt where they're selling (2) 50rd boxes of regular old FMJ .380 for $250.00 so of course I had to remind him that the same amount of ammo would have been $30 earlier last year and see what you get for waiting.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Same here. I've been reminding my friends for the past year that if they're interested in purchasing a firearm they should make that a priority and definitely do so prior to the election. Not in a fanatical (grab every gun you can) kind of way either. Mid year, a local dealer was selling the RUGER AR-556 for $729 and I told a friend who said they wanted an AR-15 that since it's the most bang for your buck, go grab one. Or at minimum buy the serialized lower. Of course he dragged his feet and last week he calls and says he's now ready to buy an AR... I told him good luck. Yeah, you can find them now for close to double, if not more and ammo is nearly impossible to find on the shelves. Same guy sends me a link the other day to Cheaper than Dirt where they're selling (2) 50rd boxes of regular old FMJ .380 for $250.00 so of course I had to remind him that the same amount of ammo would have been $30 earlier last year and see what you get for waiting.
    We have regular members on this forum that do the same thing. And then moan when they can not find the "Right" deal.

The "Right" deal went away a few months ago folks.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    A friend of mine bought one of those 55 gallon drums full of 5.56 a couple years ago.. looks like he was wise.. I think when he got it, it came out to 8 cents per round. He's a prepper so he's in really good shape.. as bad as it is now, its only going to keep getting worse.. we are witness to the beginning of the birthing pains.. I reckon ill continue to pray and keep my eyes towards the heavens:)

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Mid year, a local dealer was selling the RUGER AR-556 for $729 and I told a friend who said they wanted an AR-15 that since it's the most bang for your buck, go grab one. Or at minimum buy the serialized lower. Of course he dragged his feet and last week he calls and says he's now ready to buy an AR... I told him good luck. Yeah, you can find them now for close to double...
    If he's got a Shoot Point Blank close to him, they get ARs in pretty regular. I was at the one in Greenwood yesterday, and they had a good selection of ARs, and although they are a little higher in price than they were, they are nowhere near double. Ruger AR-556 is still around $799.

If all else fails, he could order one on Gunbroker. A little more expensive, but still not even close to double from $729.

ruger.png

bsmithg19

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2020
    Blackford County
    Primary Arms regularly gets in and sells the M&P sport for $699. I've seen them as recent as earlier this week.

Horsetrader

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2021
    Northern indiana
    Who would have thought you would pay more for a bottle of water than a bottle of pop, compare water to gas prices? Then if you really want to **** yourself, remember the toilet paper shortage, what did some people pay for paper to hoard it? Times are different so start thinking outside the box. Prepare yourself

Top Bottom