DeltaLover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    North Central Indiana
    Bought 4 new clips for the XDM 9mm
    got another jumbo Plano case for all my supplies
    Gathered up all my survival knifes and placed fresh silica gel bags in all my ammo boxes and gun cases
    :rockwoot: :ar15:

I'm resurecting this thread from the past, asking, what you have done to prep this week?

I have found myself not preping as much the past few weeks, so I'm restarting this thread to get people talking again.

As fall turns to winter I find myself thinking about snowstorms and being stranded for days, no electricity, heat, cable :xmad: , lets chime in about what you do this week to prepare for an event.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    The last month is now behind me and the family is adjusting to the changes. Overall, we will have a few more dollars for projects after all the bills are paid.

Can't wait till spring for some needed outdoor work.

Purchased D cell adapters to allow me to use my AA batteries in my D cell flashlights.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Lets see, the past 7 days...

I didn't buy any COSTCO toilet paper or canned bacon, however I did do this:

Worked out HARD. 6 days at the gym, on the trail or in the pool. Got one good ruck in. Staying in combat shape will help ensure my survival. Strong people are harder to kill.

4 dryfire sessions. G19, AK, bolt gun, J frame

One solid team range session with the crew. After the safety/medical briefing we did some cold drills, MISS meltdown, two and four man bounding drills and ended with a full on QRF drill to help some teammates pinned down and wounded.

I went to the woods to practice fieldcraft, built a shelter, made a fire,
    and set up a hasty sniper hide. Tracked a human for a while. Ended the day with a quater mile stalk and a succesful 325 yard shot from my Remy. A decent day of being cold, wet and muddy.

Bought some 16g slugs.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Finally started building the loading room. Hope to have 2 layers of drywall ( 1inside 1 outside) Hardest part is moving the plethora of stuff out of the area...nice part will be moving it back and getting organized. That will be the first time in 8 years. Loading in a cold corner of the basement is a drag.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This week....nothing. Well, helping the kids with the birth of the twins. I call them kids, they are 26/27. Babies are beautiful.
    Now I really have to prep. More mouths and all the baby stuff for 2 girls.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Picked up a couple Gerber MTs on clearance and some Knorr Pasta on sale at Meijer.

I also found that the 2.5g water jugs from Meijer are a waste of money. The containers spring leaks just sitting there. Luckily I found the leaks when I did, but I still have about 4 gallons of water to dry out of the carpet... Do not waste your money on these.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Picked up a couple Gerber MTs on clearance and some Knorr Pasta on sale at Meijer.

I also found that the 2.5g water jugs from Meijer are a waste of money. The containers spring leaks just sitting there. Luckily I found the leaks when I did, but I still have about 4 gallons of water to dry out of the carpet... Do not waste your money on these.

I remember when you posted they were available. I was going to pick some up but never got over there. Glad I did not.
    Thanks for the heads up.

Cable

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    I autoship using Amazon's "subscribe and save" service. The supplies come automatically every month and I just stash them in my home storage space.

Think of it as prepping on autopilot.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Had a wake up call about some of the guys I thought were on board. Trying to take a completely different look at the guys I've been thinking that I'd be able to count on if things got bad. I need to start focusing on finding prepper friends.

Gardening seeds have been started, nutt & fruit trees are inbound, land has been prepped for the planting, practiced at the range last weekend and had a really bad day (humbling) with the big boy guns, but had an awesome time with the 22lr's so go figure. Tested out a professional suppressor on my 22's and learned some things. Hiked when I got home.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Had a wake up call about some of the guys I thought were on board. Trying to take a completely different look at the guys I've been thinking that I'd be able to count on if things got bad. I need to start focusing on finding prepper friends.

You might have better long term success by motivating friends you already know that you can trust to become preppers.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Last couple of weeks, 3 rifle dryfire sessions.

Hand loaded 200 rnds of 9mm

Slept outside overnight in 20 degrees, rucked 12 miles the next am.

Range session with the crew, team drills and medical worked in.

Bought 3 usb dongles that are used for Software Defined Radio receivers, to test and add to my comms class.

Making a simplex repeater.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom