What Happens to Trump Between Now and Inauguration Day?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What Happens to Trump Between Now and Inauguration Day?

• Removed via 25th Amendment Process

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Impeached by Congress

Votes: 3 3.4%
    • Serves Out the Remaining Time in Office

Votes: 63 72.4%
    • Resigns

Votes: 1 1.1%
    • Remains in Office for 2nd Term - This Ain't Over

Votes: 7 8.0%
    • Bacon

Votes: 13 14.9%

• Total voters

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    You know, these guys are topics that I can admit that I’m not well-versed in; however, I got to thinking:

Based on what’s going on, even previous to Trump, and if these guys are all about getting the truth out AND they are already wanted by the authorities but not in any custody... why haven’t they released anything?

Since they have information, and as we’ve been told that the MSM is not needed to release said information, and they theoretically have access to the internet, why would it be necessary for Trump to pardon them?
    Not sure I follow, but Assange did use the internet. He's in doo-doo because info was classified. Same with Snowden, but he elected to funnel his dirty work through the mainstream media (WaPo and Guardian if I recall).

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Not sure I follow, but Assange did use the internet. He's in doo-doo because info was classified. Same with Snowden, but he elected to funnel his dirty work through the mainstream media (WaPo and Guardian if I recall).
    Right...just meaning that I’m kind of confused why these guys haven’t released the info they might have.

TL;DR: They’re not in jail and most likely have the ability to, so why not? Why would a pardon be necessary?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Assange IS in jail in some kind of Brit Supermax; and existing on Russian sufferance, I'm betting Snowden has his limits (and doesn't drink the tea)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Because while the left may (temporarily) control the White House and both houses of Congress, they only got 51% of the vote. Certainly not a mandate for their policies. And all of the Representatives and a third of the Senators have to be re-elected in two years.

Well from my understanding the Democrats stole elections, not once, but TWICE. Also, apparently the Republic is dead. So you can’t have if both ways. If you believe that stuff, then pack it up, and recognize your perpetual overlords.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yes that would be smart, turn the heat to high on pressure cooker that's already hissing steam.

At this point, why should they care? Contrary to popular belief, but people on the left aren’t afraid of people on the right. When a 120lb weakling with rainbow hair is willing to try and go toe to toe with a overalls wearing bubba, it tells me that the left has pretty much stopped caring and are only looking to their own agenda. And agenda that like Trump’s, they don’t mind being employed with whatever means available. If you tolerated Trump doing it, don’t expect much sympathy from the left when (not if) they do the same thing.

nhgluff

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    The 120lb weakling is just that
    They are protected by the police and courts it makes them tough
    Take that away see how tough they are then and how much trouble they wanna stir up

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    At this point, why should they care? Contrary to popular belief, but people on the left aren’t afraid of people on the right. When a 120lb weakling with rainbow hair is willing to try and go toe to toe with a overalls wearing bubba, it tells me that the left has pretty much stopped caring and are only looking to their own agenda. And agenda that like Trump’s, they don’t mind being employed with whatever means available. If you tolerated Trump doing it, don’t expect much sympathy from the left when (not if) they do the same thing.

Don't expect people on the right to magically just keep following the law and respecting institutions if people on the left are going to burn down cities for a year and then steal an election.

If the left wants to play stupid games against the people who are well armed, they're going to end up winning stupid prizes, just like they did in Kenosha.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Wondering what INGO thinks is next for Trump in the remaining time of his term leading up to Inauguration Day.

Pence is angry with him, as is most of the Republican party. But would he enough members of the Cabinet vote for removal via 25th Amendment? What are the political ramifications?

The Democrats in the House are chomping at the bit to impeach him. Are there enough Republicans in the Senate that would turn on Trump to accomplish this?

Will Trump resign? On his own? Or will the deep state MAKE him resign, in exchange for a promise not to purse some made-up investigation and prosecution?

Or will there be a bunch of noise, with no actual fireworks and a peaceful inauguration in a few days?

Or is this not over?
    People are so deranged when it comes to trump that they seem to want to erase his very existence. I think that's where all the impeachment stuff is coming from.

Except. If there is evidence that Trump really was actively trying to stage a coup then it would be appropriate to investigate and prosecute. But that can be prosecuted in the criminal justice system after he's out of office. And that would actually be more appropriate to do. Have a real investigation, and give it time to discover the truth.

But people aren't all that interested in truth. They act as if they think Trump is a stain on American politics that they need to remove. With two weeks left, it would be absurd to impeach him at this point. If there's something to investigate, do it after.

I think cooler heads should prevail and Trump will serve out the rest of the term.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Right...just meaning that I’m kind of confused why these guys haven’t released the info they might have.

TL;DR: They’re not in jail and most likely have the ability to, so why not? Why would a pardon be necessary?
    Just thinking out loud...
    Are the Brits hanging onto the guy because they haven't gotten everything out of him that they want?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    People are so deranged when it comes to trump that they seem to want to erase his very existence. I think that's where all the impeachment stuff is coming from.

Except. If there is evidence that Trump really was actively trying to stage a coup then it would be appropriate to investigate and prosecute. But that can be prosecuted in the criminal justice system after he's out of office. And that would actually be more appropriate to do. Have a real investigation, and give it time to discover the truth.

But people aren't all that interested in truth. They act as if they think Trump is a stain on American politics that they need to remove. With two weeks left, it would be absurd to impeach him at this point. If there's something to investigate, do it after.

I think cooler heads should prevail and Trump will serve out the rest of the term.

Quick question, does the president have the ability to pardon himself? In your opinion.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The 120lb weakling is just that
    They are protected by the police and courts it makes them tough
    Take that away see how tough they are then and how much trouble they wanna stir up

You’ll find plenty of videos of those weaklings trying to fight with no police around.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

That's all Trump's supporters have been asking for with regards to the irregularities and anomalies of this election, but it fell on deaf ears. If Congress had put 1/10 of the effort into looking into these irregularities and potential wrongdoing that they put into "Russian collusion", then the events of January 6th never would have happened, I'd wager. Regardless of the results of that investigation, I think it would have at the very least avoided the escalation that we've seen.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Why should they care? Because the result might just be the collapse of the country. But hey your side won and they can do what they want now right?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    You’ll find plenty of videos of those weaklings trying to fight with no police around.
    tumblr_os6tkxRiTF1wt0cjvo1_400.gifv

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Just thinking out loud...
    Are the Brits hanging onto the guy because they haven't gotten everything out of him that they want?
    The Brits are hanging onto him because they know the Americans want them to, and America does still have some pull with UK.

The most recent UK court ruling on Assange was they would not extradite him to the U.S., because our "prison system is cruel" and the judge said she thought he would commit suicide and die on their watch if she approved the extradition order.

However, she did state there is valid grounds for prosecution. So in other words, she said UK will continue to do America's bidding by keeping him in jail. But she just doesn't want her personal signature on him coming here and being executed.

Top Bottom