What Happens to Trump Between Now and Inauguration Day?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What Happens to Trump Between Now and Inauguration Day?

• Removed via 25th Amendment Process

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Impeached by Congress

Votes: 3 3.4%
    • Serves Out the Remaining Time in Office

Votes: 63 72.4%
    • Resigns

Votes: 1 1.1%
    • Remains in Office for 2nd Term - This Ain't Over

Votes: 7 8.0%
    • Bacon

Votes: 13 14.9%

• Total voters

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Wondering what INGO thinks is next for Trump in the remaining time of his term leading up to Inauguration Day.

Pence is angry with him, as is most of the Republican party. But would he enough members of the Cabinet vote for removal via 25th Amendment? What are the political ramifications?

The Democrats in the House are chomping at the bit to impeach him. Are there enough Republicans in the Senate that would turn on Trump to accomplish this?

Will Trump resign? On his own? Or will the deep state MAKE him resign, in exchange for a promise not to purse some made-up investigation and prosecution?

Or will there be a bunch of noise, with no actual fireworks and a peaceful inauguration in a few days?

Or is this not over?

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I think he'll make it to the end. A lot of lip service going on that I dont think will amount to anything from others. I guess he could resign so he goes out on his own terms but i think its up to him.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Serves out the remaining two weeks and leaves.

That first video back from his social media ban clearly shows that somebody has gotten to him. The RINOs in Congress have turned against him and his supporters and completed the electoral process. Pence has deserted him. SCOTUS threw the biggest lawsuit out on a thin standing excuse without even hearing it. He really has no friends left and no cards left to play.

If he refuses to leave, the Secret Service will probably grab him, walk him to the gate, put him out onto Pennsylvania, and lock the gate behind him. Now that the electors have voted and SCOTUS has declined to act, he won't be president anymore. Period. It really doesn't matter what he does, in real power terms he has nothing to back him up.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Serves out the remaining two weeks and leaves.

That first video back from his social media ban clearly shows that somebody has gotten to him. The RINOs in Congress have turned against him and his supporters and completed the electoral process. Pence has deserted him. SCOTUS threw the biggest lawsuit out on a thin standing excuse without even hearing it. He really has no friends left and no cards left to play.

If he refuses to leave, the Secret Service will probably grab him, walk him to the gate, put him out onto Pennsylvania, and lock the gate behind him. Now that the electors have voted and SCOTUS has declined to act, he won't be president anymore. Period. It really doesn't matter what he does, in real power terms he has nothing to back him up.

Well, he still has the power of Executive Orders, as well as being the Commander in Chief. He can still do plenty of mischief in his 2 weeks. I think Pence will only go the route of the 25th Amendment if he thinks that Trump is going to do something which would be even more harmful to the country.

I don't think there is enough time to even start impeachment, and I'm sure the Democrats know that, but they seem to thrive on virtue signalling political theater.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Well, he still has the power of Executive Orders, as well as being the Commander in Chief. He can still do plenty of mischief in his 2 weeks. I think Pence will only go the route of the 25th Amendment if he thinks that Trump is going to do something which would be even more harmful to the country.

I don't think there is enough time to even start impeachment, and I'm sure the Democrats know that, but they seem to thrive on virtue signalling political theater.
    Anything he signs can just be undone in two weeks. All that has to happen is for nobody to take his calls. That's why I said in real terms he has no power to do anything. Nobody is going to listen or act when he tells them to. I wouldn't be surprised if he's signing things right now and passing them off to an assistant who immediately goes to the next room and puts them in the circular filing bin.

He's on the outside now.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    He resigns 1 day before Inauguration so that Pence can be President for a day and Trump doesn't have to go through the ceremonies. Then Indiana can brag about having 2 presidents in office for over a month total.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    He resigns 1 day before Inauguration so that Pence can be President for a day and Trump doesn't have to go through the ceremonies. Then Indiana can brag about having 2 presidents in office for over a month total.
    Indiana Presidents and Spinal Tap drummers. :laugh:

jaymark6655

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2018
    Bloomington
    I think we will see an impeachment. They are angry at him and don't even want the possibility of him running again. They want to see him in prison, they want to make an example of him. They are still mad that the first impeachment didn't go anywhere, but no they have the control needed to make it happen. They don't want anyone to stand up to them again. Same with capital building breach, that is why they are working so hard to twist his words into something he didn't say or blocking them from being posted. We will see a huge push to make sure their "hallowed ground" is not trampled on by anyone again.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    To decipher the impeachment calls, ask yourself: what power does Trump really still have, at this time?

It's all about The Pardons, now. That's his only remaining real power. And even if he's the only person left in the building, he still has that power until Jan. 20, unless he's officially removed.

They're not afraid of him winning again; he couldn't even win this time. They're afraid he's going to pardon Julian Assange and Edward Snowden. Wikileaks was a huge embarrassment to the government. It is difficult to even shake a stick at all the people in various levels of office who got egg on their face from that. The future is all about information and who controls it. A free Julian Assange, walking around the world stage making Ted Talks and inspiring future generations of hackers, I suspect is the real perceived threat.

I suspect anybody who can attract a microphone in Washington right now is doing everything possible to frighten and scramble the minds of Trump's staff with impeachment speculation, in an effort to prevent his lawyers from even drawing up the documents for him. They know nobody wants their resume to include being on the staff of an impeached President, at the time he was impeached.

Last edited:

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Until I see a live event with actual reporters I’m not convinced he hasn’t been arrested and the video message we saw was either a deep fake or done at gunpoint.

Top Bottom