What Happens to Trump Between Now and Inauguration Day?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What Happens to Trump Between Now and Inauguration Day?

• Removed via 25th Amendment Process

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Impeached by Congress

Votes: 3 3.4%
    • Serves Out the Remaining Time in Office

Votes: 63 72.4%
    • Resigns

Votes: 1 1.1%
    • Remains in Office for 2nd Term - This Ain't Over

Votes: 7 8.0%
    • Bacon

Votes: 13 14.9%

• Total voters

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Impeached by the house and tried by a democratic Senate? Whoa. Anyone else hearing such a thing?

Last edited:

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I’m gonna need some proof of life from the trump org in the form of a live press conference.
    It looks like Don jr has been removed from social media and the rest of the trump family has not posted anything since prior to the 6th.

I say again this is a coup and they are being illegally held.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Impeached, as in actually removed from office? Or, just impeached? Bill Clinton was impeached.
    Impeached again, not removed. As I understand it, there is not time for removal prior to January 20, since the Senate is not in session until January 19. The Senate could be called back for an emergency session for an impeachment trial, but I believe that takes 100% agreement amongst the Senators, which ain't gonna happen.

Articles of Impeachment are going to be introduced in the democrat controlled House on Monday. Pretty sure they will make quick work of impeaching him again. The trial would be after Biden's inauguration, in a democrat controlled Senate. Conviction is likely, I think. No removal, obviously, since his term is up. But conviction bars him from future office, strips his pension/yearly travel stipend and also takes away Secret Service protection.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Quick question, does the president have the ability to pardon himself? In your opinion.
    I actually haven't thought about that. As it hits me, I don't want that to be the case. What couldn't a president get away with then? I suspect that legally a president can't pardon him/herself. Nixon had Ford pardon him. I would think that if that were possible Nixon would have just pardoned himself and said, **** all yall. I can do what I want.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Impeached again, not removed. As I understand it, there is not time for removal prior to January 20, since the Senate is not in session until January 19. The Senate could be called back for an emergency session for an impeachment trial, but I believe that takes 100% agreement amongst the Senators, which ain't gonna happen.

Articles of Impeachment are going to be introduced in the democrat controlled House on Monday. Pretty sure they will make quick work of impeaching him again. The trial would be after Biden's inauguration, in a democrat controlled Senate. Conviction is likely, I think. No removal, obviously, since his term is up. But conviction bars him from future office, strips his pension/yearly travel stipend and also takes away Secret Service protection.
    Conviction does not stop him from from future office. That requires a seperate vote...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    tumblr_os6tkxRiTF1wt0cjvo1_400.gifv

Well. The reality of the truth about "no biolotical differences between sexes" came crashing into her head all at once. She should probably go report back to her Gender Studies professor what the real world has taught her about that.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Technically true, but if they are gonna cancel him, they're gonna cancel him.
    The adults in the Democrat room realize there's not going to be any packing the Supreme Court. So how to pacify the left wingers? This last impeachment push is being done for the consumption of the progressive mob.

Then they can get on with disbursing funds from the Treasury in the form of stimulus, just like Obama did when he entered office.

One final moment of revolutionary resistance, before going back to Business as Usual.

smittygj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    I actually haven't thought about that. As it hits me, I don't want that to be the case. What couldn't a president get away with then? I suspect that legally a president can't pardon him/herself. Nixon had Ford pardon him. I would think that if that were possible Nixon would have just pardoned himself and said, **** all yall. I can do what I want.
    There is disagreement about how the pardon power applies to cases involving obstructions of an impeachment. Also, the ability of a president to pardon themselves (self-pardon) has never been tested in the courts, because, to date, no president has ever taken that action.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    There is disagreement about how the pardon power applies to cases involving obstructions of an impeachment. Also, the ability of a president to pardon themselves (self-pardon) has never been tested in the courts, because, to date, no president has ever taken that action.
    Can’t pardon yourself if your being detained anyway..........

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I’m gonna need some proof of life from the trump org in the form of a live press conference.
    It looks like Don jr has been removed from social media and the rest of the trump family has not posted anything since prior to the 6th.

I say again this is a coup and they are being illegally held.
    Romanovs!

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Romanovs!

Exactly what this feels like. I think they are dragging their feet with impeachment or anything else trying to figure out how to cover this up. if they go through with trial they will probably find a way to make it secret or keep him from being allowed to testify.

Press secretary looked very distressed and the video message had a tone that didn’t fit the situation.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Exactly what this feels like. I think they are dragging their feet with impeachment or anything else trying to figure out how to cover this up. if they go through with trial they will probably find a way to make it secret or keep him from being allowed to testify.

Press secretary looked very distressed and the video message had a tone that didn’t fit the situation.

Wait you’re not serious.... hold on, I’m going tinfoil, because I thinking you’re implying that the president might have been taken by the “reds” and Ivanka Trump has changed her name to Anastasia? I’m wrong right? Please tell me I’m wrong.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

True, I’m just asking what the opinions on it are. I’m asking mainly, because I think the impeachment accomplishes a number of things, besides staining his legacy, and possibly preventing him from running again, it makes pardons tenuous. I don’t put it past him from pardoning all the arrested insurrectionists, if he does that between now and impeachment, that makes him complicit in the action, and strengthens the allegation that’s he is responsible for the riots. He would literally have to pardon them, and himself at the last possible moment.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom