• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BrassBandit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    Brownsburg
    TLR7A and I broke down and bought a Primary Arms SLx RS-10 since I can't find an Aimpoint ACRO p-2 in stock anywhere. It will at least let me get used to a dot on my Glock MOS for a while before I can find an Aimpoint.
    Not a bad idea to go with a cheaper dot first on a handgun to see if you like it. I’m still on the fence if dots on pistols are all they’re cracked up to be. They’re definitely nice and make shooting a pistol “easier” for me, but definitely takes some getting used to and practice to adjust your sight picture. But for the ranges I normally shoot a pistol, I feel l Ike I’m only slightly marginally worse With irons :)

BrassBandit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    Brownsburg
    Going to mess around with 6mm ARC, so got a barrel, 6.5 Grendel BCG, and a couple 6.5 Grendel mags. The BCG is a toolcraft but is being sent back bc it’s out of spec with too much firing pin protrusion…will cause pierced primers. 6.5 bolts have a deeper bolt face than standard 5.56 bolts which requires either a longer bolt by .01” or a shorter firing pin, but with firing pin length variances a longer bolt is the better way to go.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    This one is completely INGO's fault. I posted this Marlin Camp 9 PCC that was being sold by a local pawn shop in a couple of places hoping someone would buy it. But all of you resisted! I ended up buying it, 5 Mec-Gar mags, and a bolt buffer and spring. I'll get to shoot it Friday.

Camp 9 left 02.jpg

Old buffer:

Buffer in pieces 01.jpg

New buffer:

New Buffer 02.jpg

Best guess is 1992 manufacture date.

Now I've got the mags, I guess I'll be looking for a S&W series 59 pistol to use them in.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    This one is completely INGO's fault. I posted this Marlin Camp 9 PCC that was being sold by a local pawn shop in a couple of places hoping someone would buy it. But all of you resisted! I ended up buying it, 5 Mec-Gar mags, and a bolt buffer and spring. I'll get to shoot it Friday.

View attachment 225693

Old buffer:

View attachment 225694

New buffer:

View attachment 225695

Best guess is 1992 manufacture date.

Now I've got the mags, I guess I'll be looking for a S&W series 59 pistol to use them in.
    Keep an eye on the firing pin bridge, mine was broken and finding a replacement is impossible (or was), found a post on making one from a circular saw blade and has held up pretty good

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Keep an eye on the firing pin bridge, mine was broken and finding a replacement is impossible (or was), found a post on making one from a circular saw blade and has held up pretty good
    I think you mean the Hammer Strut Bridge:

They are available now. I've had the gun completely apart and that was good.

When the buffer goes on the Camp 9/45 it can cause cracks in the stock, cracks in the receiver and bend that strut. Plus that pieces get into everything from what I have read. My best guess is that when the buffer disintegrated on the one I have whoever owned it stopped shooting it and it sat for a long time. The guy at the pawnshop said it came in a rifle bag that was crumbling to dust.

I put 110 rounds through it yesterday and it ran fine. A couple of rounds got deformed as they fed and wouldn't let the bolt go all the way back into battery, so 108 out of 110 worked great. The Mec-Gar mags I got from Greg Cote, LLC all worked as they should.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I had nothing to do with this.
    I think you went out on your own this time.
    So that you know there are a few food pantries in Indianapolis :lmfao:
    Yeah, @grillak spent a small fortune looks like. Good haul though.
    I have been finding .300 BLK for under a dollar/round pretty much every where. I picked up Fiocchi Extrema 125 gr. SST for $23/50 a little while back. Great round for the money. Shoots into ~2-3 MOA @ 100 out of my 16" .300 BLK BCA barrel with a red dot. .40 S&W is easy to find here and lack of demand for it keeps the price reasonable. I need to pick up a Glock 22 or 23 to put back while .40 is easy to find.

Last edited:

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, @grillak spent a small fortune looks like. Good haul though.
    I have been finding .300 BLK for under a dollar/round pretty much every where. I picked up Fiocchi Extrema 125 gr. SST for $23/50 a little while back. Great round for the money. Shoots into ~2-3 MOA @ 100 out of my 16" .300 BLK BCA barrel with a red dot. .40 S&W is easy to find here and lack of demand for it keeps the price reasonable. I need to pick up a Glock 22 or 23 to put back while .40 is easy to find.
    i've been getting 300 blk for ~ .62/rnd. the pmc 125 grn x-tac for .70/rnd

Top Bottom