• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BackFromDC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 19, 2023
    Jeffersonville
    1) .22 rifles are pretty versatile so any of them so long as they work, but I like my Winchester Wildcat
    2) I wouldn't go with a .22 pistol, since it's more limited than a .22 rifle
    3) & 4) I probably wouldn't go with a Pistol or PCC if I could only have one, since it's really just suited for personal defense
    5) Any proven pump 12 gauge, personally have a Benelli SuperNova but I do appreciate a good Mossberg and venerable Ithaca. Like Clint Smith said, with the right load and the right length, you can do almost anything and everything with a good 12 gauge.
    6) America's favorite rifle - the AR-15! It's great because i's got such a wide range of applications.
    7) Definitely wouldn't go with this since it's really only suited for touching something really really far

If I could suggest an 8) I would say a combi-gun. I have a Chiappa Double Badger .22lr over .410, it's a neat handy little thing that can do quite a bit. You can ever get them in .223 over 12 gauge if I'm not mistaken.

scott46052

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2023
    Lebanon
    If money is no object. Lol. I'm going with the 1 from each number.

1) a belt fed full auto 22lr rifle
    2) probably a ruger mk4 22/45 or maybe an ar pistol in .22?
    3) tommy gun, why not?
    4) I'd take my m&p 9 2.0 optics ready. I love it.
    5) a 940jm would be nice. Maybe a ksg or ar12.
    6) probably a scar. Maybe an m4
    7) a barret m82?

Sure, it may not be a practical list, but I'm not very practical. Lol.
    nice list

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    1) .22 rifle
    2) .22 pistol
    3) carbine in 9mm, .40, or .45 cal
    4) pistol any caliber
    5) shotgun
    6) military-style field rifle of any caliber
    7) military-style sniper rifle of any caliber.
    None of my choices are what I would consider "cream of the crop," because if I can only own one, commonality and parts availablity are right behind reliability in consideration and way ahead of cost or "cool" factor.

1) Ruger 10/22
    2) Ruger SP101 .22
    3) AR style variant that takes Glock mags in 9mm. Probably a CMMG Banshee SBR.
    4) Glock 19. Likely the most popular pistol in the world, most common pistol caliber in the world.
    5) Mossberg 590 Thunder Ranch
    6) Top shelf AR in 5.56. Probably Daniel Defense or BCM. Lots of possiblities with various uppers/calibers.
    7) I'm not a sniper, I'd be a designated marksman at best. M1A Scout Squad with good glass would do nicely.

GoBoilers!

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    1) .22 rifle
    2) .22 pistol
    3) carbine in 9mm, .40, or .45 cal
    4) pistol any caliber
    5) shotgun
    6) military-style field rifle of any caliber
    7) military-style sniper rifle of any caliber.

I am just curious about which weapons everyone out there considers the cream of the crop.
    Ok, here goes. I have some of these already, and I like the models I have, so I'll keep them. And I like to hunt and shoot, so not interested in collectors.

1. Ruger 10/22
    2. Browning Buckmark
    3. Keltec Sub 2000 in .45 acp. Yes, i know these are not available in .45, but if money is not a factor, I'd have one made.
    4. 1911 .45 Lightweight Commander - maybe a Ruger?
    5. Rem 1100
    6. M1 Garand
    7. Maybe a Rem 700 configured for long range? Not my cup of tea, but might be fun to try.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Good thread! Sadly, limit of one is pretty rough to decide.
    I consider them like tools. Each made for certain applications. Many have listed all around choices, and I agree with most.
    My state allows us many choices, not like those Blue States restrict so many.
    Glock 19
    12 Ga Shotgun
    AR15 5.56cal
    22 Lr Rifle/pistol
    357 mag Revolver/also takes 38 spec.

I guess my first would be the Glock19.
    Self defense/CCW, will have hunting abilities, Easy find ammo, FMJ or JHP no probs.
    2nd choice: 12 ga shotgun, many ammo selections.easy find, little tough to conceal though.
    3rd: AR15 all the above. Very common parts if needed.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    This is mostly a list of what I have, because it's what I wanted, and I'm happy with it:

1.) CZ 457, threaded barrel, suppressed.
    2.) Ruger MkIV Tactical, with Volquartsen upgrades.
    3.) 9mm CMMG Guard radially-delayed-blowback
    4.) This category is too limiting, so I'm splitting it:
    Semi-auto center-fire handgun: Beretta 92X Compact 9mm
    Center-Fire Revolver: S&W Model 69 .44 Mag
    5.) Remington 870 12ga
    6.) 16" AR-variant carbine
    7.) Dunno, I'm not a sniper. I'd rather have a DMR-type weapon, maybe an M1A full-size or scout squad...the Ruger SFAR is interesting, too.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    This is easy

Tactical Solutions 10/22 and MK4 for your .22's

H&K MP5 for PCC because no one has beat roller locking yet

Staccato P for handgun in 9mm

Browning 725 for Shotgun in 12 gauge

LWRC AR-15 for rifle in 5.56/.233

Barrett MRAD in .338 Lapua Magnum

Kalashalite

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2023
    SE Indiana
    Ok I'm at work and I should be working but this is too fun! I have devised a list. A = If price were no object, B= Obtainable feasibly. My real choice of "ONLY ONE" is at the end.

1a) Walther Model 1 because it's a semi-auto, bolt-action, single shot and feeds from a box magazine. Yes it does all that.
    1b) Ruger 10/22 w/ railed Tech Sight, I don't care for the standard irons on the 10/22 and I might want to put a scope on it sometime. A bunch of BX-25's to go with it and an upgraded metal trigger group.

2a) High Standard HDM .22lr integrally suppressed for use by the OSS during WW2.
    2b) Harrington & Richardson Model 999 "Sportsman" 6" .22lr I consider it to be the best belt pistol imaginable for a woods walk.

3a) PTR9CT 9mm MP5 Clone with TPM Outfitters MP5SD NFA conversion, green HK sling and a pile of LEO only mags.
    3b) PTR9CT or other good quality MP5 clone, just without the 2 stamp conversion. (The MP5 may not be the best PCC anymore but it still wins in the looks department)

4a) IMI Jericho 941R 9x19 complete kit with .41 Action Express conversion parts.
    4b) Beretta PX4 Storm Compact Carrry 9x19 (The LTT custom version, my dream carry)

5a) Winchester 1897 Takedown 12GA with a 30" full choke barrel forend and an 18" Trench gun forend I can swap between.
    5b) Mossberg 590A1 with wood riot furniture, M1 web sling, velcro shot card sidesaddle and an M7/M9 bayonet to go with it.

6a) AR-10 in the original configuration as adopted by Portugal and The Netherlands, Bakelite furniture, grenade launcher muzzle device/flash hider 7.62 NATO with a pile of waffle mags, sling and bayonet. The ORIGINAL AR-10 that should have beat the FAL/G3/M14.
    6b) Slightly modernized CAR-15 special forces type build. 5.56 NATO, 11.5" pencil Barrel, slim CAR handguards, A1 grip, CAR stock, A1 Upper with carry handle mounted micro-prism, P&W moderator to get back up to legal length, STANAGS and woodland rattle can camo. Israeli sling and weapon light.

7a) Izmash SVD in total cold war configuration, the beautiful wood, Illuminated PSO-1 scope, bayonet and plenty 'o' mags. (I know it's not a sniper rifle but it still fits the question.)
    7b) Zastava M76 cal. 8mm Mauser, 4x ZRAK scope, mags, bayonet, scope cover, sling. (The only one I have checked off this list, a substitute for the unobtainable cold war Dragunov)

When selecting a sole firearm to own, you have to consider what the intended uses are. In my opinion the primary uses are self-defense, hunting big game, hunting small game and lastly: recreation. The single most versatile gun available is a break action single shot shotgun, because it can be used in all roles, used as a muzzle loader, used as a sub-caliber insert host etc. But that gun sacrifices too much in the self defense department.

So with that said, I believe the best choice for me would be the 590A1 because it is a good mix of practicality for both defense and hunting a wide variety of game from rabbits to moose and can stop a person or a bear. Also you can take it to the range and have a bit of fun if you don't mind a sore shoulder. I selected that model because if I can only have one I might as well have the toughest one ever made.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    all-of.gif

Top Bottom