What did you get at the August 2013 Indy 1500?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Apriliaguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2013
    Pendleton
    New grip sleeve for my glock and a butt plug for it too. No ammo to expensive. Just have my dad bring some up from Georgia when he visits i paid 12 dollars for 50 down there

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I broke my own rule and ventured out to the 1500. I picked up 1k 45acp from Indiana Bullet Company. Stopped by and said hi to Fenway, drooled at Brad's Knives and Knife Lady's booth for a minute. So not a bad day.

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Got a 15 inch troy foregrip
    attachment.php

and laser etched dust covers for both AR's
    attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

and a Freemasons back plate for my G19
    attachment.php

Plus an INGO patch hat, and AR Wrench.

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Nothing, only because nothing in particular jumped out at me. My bro in law bought powder, primers, and bullets. Either way, it was a good time. Always good to see people exercising their 2A rights.

Pete

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    I got a pistol, knife, belt, EDC bag and an INGO t-shirt.

I want to give props to XZ Guns. I've always seen their tables packed with people, but never stopped because I wasn't looking for a firearm. Well, last week I got the bug to purchase a 9mm handgun and didn't want a Glock or M&P. A friend put me on to the PPQ, which I loved the moment I picked it up. If felt like the HK with the size of the Glock 19. Keeping the price in the back of my head, I figured I would order one next week.

Well, I got to the show and there were the hordes of gun nuts around the ZX tables again. I walked around and asked other vendors for the price on their PPQ and they were all above $600 and one was even $660! Well, I stopped by ZX and asked the price and the guy turned over the tag and said $529. Before I knew it I said, "That's a great price!" Well, if there was any negotiation to be had, that was down the drain; however, I found out they don't negotiate.

I then went on the search for magazines and didn't find any, but each vendor directed me to another to try and I though I finally found one, but it was for the M1 and I have the M2. The guy told me to give him a call next week and he'll get some in the mail to me.

I realized a savings on everything I bought yesterday.

ZX had pretty good prices. I got ther late on Friday & was rushed. Got some primers. Met my brother there & went out to supper after.

Wyzer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I bought some Jerky, some medical items. Got to peruse all the items in some of those small isles. Was able to find a wonderful smithy who was selling his own tomahawks, and look forward to placing a few orders with him, unless I can find a smithy in Indiana.

Was also able to look at the Canik firearms, yet was not able to find a Stingray in .40 S&W.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I went around 11 today and stayed for two hours. First things first I went and said hi to everyone at the INGO table and met Fenway. I browsed around for a while and then sold my Sig P238 Equinox and bought a new M&P9. On my way out I stopped by the INGO table again and said hi to a few Mods and escaped without being banned :cheers:

Last edited:

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    It was great meeting some new faces today! Thanks all for stopping by the booth and showing the love!
    I didn't get pics, but I got some pepper spray for the wife. well, not literally. she walks a lot, and wanted some for any unruly dogs that might cross her path.

northtownship

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    Picked up 2 hawks from the guy at the 2Hawks booth.
    One for the girlfriends son for Christmas and one for myself.
    Had to have her distract him at the jerky table while I went back to get it then grab a pack to put them in so he couldn't see.
    She also had to get some of the fudge before we left.

Wyzer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Picked up 2 hawks from the guy at the 2Hawks booth.
    One for the girlfriends son for Christmas and one for myself.
    Had to have her distract him at the jerky table while I went back to get it then grab a pack to put them in so he couldn't see.
    She also had to get some of the fudge before we left.

It some real nice craftmanship, isn't it? Nice looking metal with a wonderful edge, and the hickory handles (depending on which one you got) fit and feel real comfortable.

northtownship

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    Yeah they're pretty nice. I figured since I have been checking them out online and they are cheaper at the show why not try them.
    I also picked an extra handle for his.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I went back on Saturday and got some meat sticks that me and my dog really enjoy. I also finally found a belt buckle that I could purchase. Options always seem to be very slim, but one guy had something this time.

20130824_231551_zpsa1e35aea.jpg

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Picked up 3500 feet of paracord, two Condor ID holders from Fenway, and a used Zero Tolerance 0350 in good condition for only $50.00. Overall we had low expectations for this show but ended up having a fairly decent weekend.

Top Bottom