What did you get at the August 2013 Indy 1500?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Grip plug for Glock 19, Kydex holster, nick nacs and thought I was gonna make it out cheaply. then I found a Marlin 1895ss 45/70. Hmmmm that should go good for the upcoming up bear hunt. Brought it home. Just hope I didn't pay too much!!!! (500).

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Entertained. That's all I got this time.

I saw some OK prices on some things on my list, but I still haven't decided if the most recent bolt gun I stumbled into is staying or going. if it stays, a nice scope is next. If it goes, then I've really got some funds freed up for a good toy.

But I put off that decision for now.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Books, a couple of knives (a Blind Horse and a Microtech), pounds and pounds of gun powder, bullets, new sights on my 1st Glock (purchased in high school, the gunsmith looked up the born on date, July 1986), window shopped from nephew's first deer rifle. Saw tons of great deals but was disciplined enough not to buy another gun.

Great show as always.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Never thought I would say this but I didn't see any guns I wanted. I think I have enough.

Picked up two hip flasks and the new INGO Tshirt. Saw Que but didn't say high, I was afraid if I shook his hand I might never be able to wash it.

bos-94-003

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    Marion
    3000 CCI 500 primers for $35/1000, cheapest ive found around me was $40/1000 + tax. # gen2 pmags with windows for $14 a piece, just purchased 4 from Big R last week for $18 + tax. 500 rounds for .223 (MFS steel cased) for $176, not the highest quality but ive never had an issue with it through my bushy and slidefire so I was happy to pick it up at about the same price as last time I purchased some from my LGS. BDX mag for my ruger for $30, not sure if that was a good deal or not because it was my first single bdx purchase. A box of Aguila minishells for my KSG at 11.50 +tax for the 7 1/2 shot. Not sure about that price either but its for my kids so im alright with it. Really happy on my purchases and already have a list for the Oct show.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I got a new sig p238 :) I'm happy. Got to get a hug and some shirts from Que. Thanks Que.
    It was good to be at the show even if it was for only 5 hours.

Last edited:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Some of the regular items I was looking for turned out to cost twice, if not more, as much as I could get online. Still cheaper with shipping. Eezox $24, online 11.94 with 4.95 shipping. AK mags, twice as much at the 1500. Looked at things then went online to check the price. Great things these smart phones.

Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    Picked up a new Spike's lower, CMMG parts kit, buffer tube, spring, and buffer for a total cost of $225, much better than the $289 others were asking for completed lowers. Had never assembled a lower before, so I got to do a little learning today as well! Honestly was really surprised at all the decent deals that were there. Also I had free tickets so that was awesome! Gave two extras I had away at the door to whoever I thought was wearing the coolest t-shirts. Jurassic Park t-shirt won the first one, and then a couple standing behind my wife and I got the other.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Great things these smart phones.

Thats a fact, I love it when a customer tells me after looking at things and me answering technical data for 30 minutes he can buy cheaper online. I grab my smart phone, and show him the pricing,

Of cource thats followed by "Im sure you can beat on line pricing since I paid to park and get in here right" You just cant win with some folks I suppose.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thats a fact, I love it when a customer tells me after looking at things and me answering technical data for 30 minutes he can buy cheaper online. I grab my smart phone, and show him the pricing,

Of cource thats followed by "Im sure you can beat on line pricing since I paid to park and get in here right" You just cant win with some folks I suppose.

I pay to park and enter as entertainment (I live close and usually come every quarter even if I don't buy anything) but have noticed the pricing on the items that I was interested in were twice or more as much. That is a simple fact. That does not mean everything was priced as high. The closest I got to an online price for what I was interested in was 33% higher. Now for the handy factor of being there, I might have picked it up at that price but really did not need it at the time so have delayed the purchase, maybe till next year.

It would simple be stupid of me to pay more for something at this point in time for something that I just want but don't really need.

As it is, I picked up a few items I also did not need but could not get online.

Fester

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Greenfield
    I landed a 440 round spam can of 7.62x54 for $109 and also a 1939 WWII German Luger. To me it was dirt cheap at $900. I saw a couple of others but the seller wanted $2600. A little out of my range.

The Luger will go great with my K98 Mauser, M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, and Mosin . Plan to hit Highsmith Guns in Greenfield tomorrow and put the Luger through a few paces.

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    2 scopes----1 lb powder---2ooo small pistol primers-------1 brick 22s---4 boxes 17 HMR------AR upper reciecer,barrel nut----50 paper targets---soft pretzel---pepsi----------Glad I didnt need gas going home

tallend

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Got a very nice ACU pack for all my travels, 29 round mag for my g23. Couple 2nd amendment shirts.

Finally got an INGO shirt and stickers :yesway:

First time I actually went since I was a kid. I also took my wife along since she hasn't been to a gun show. She kept showing me different stuff I should get, kind of a shocker.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Was not planning on buying anything, but ended up with another G21 gen4 with night sights and 2 mags for 530. Was a police trade but still had factory copper lube in it. VERY good deal. Dad got an ISP G17 trade for a decent deal. 22 prices are going down but wow.... whip out the lube if you want a brick there. OUCH!

goldtrigger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Morgan county
    Picked up a Highpoint 9 mm carbine from Indiana Gun Club booth. Picked up about $100 worth of ammo. No real deals on it, just some brands that I don't normally see that I'd like to try.
    I had a fun time!

Top Bottom