What did you get at the August 2013 Indy 1500?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    Here we go Ill start this one. I finally got my sig p238 nitron. I got it used but like new for $400 (not great not bad) and I picked up a Ruger LCR in .22wmr. Was looking for 300blackout ammo but only found some brass. It was a good show in my opinion.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Picked up a couple Raven Concealment holsters, and a couple of the new INGO shirts.

AND I shook Que's hand! I may never wash it...... ever!

My hand, not Que's. We're not really that close.

zepan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    When I arrived at 1320 today the line was wraped around the building and past the main entrance off 38th street. Needless to say all I got from the show was a wasted trip over there.

sbrville

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Rush Co
    My dad went and I had him look for some mosin ammo and small rifle primers. All be dang if he didn't find exactly what I wanted. He got a cheaply double barrel 20 gauge

piercedjp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    I mostly just got dirty looks from vendors who were insulted that I would offer them $20 less than the price they had marked.

rat-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    where the work is
    always try to hit the Indy 1500 for reloading supplies to subvert the HAZMAT fees for shipping primers and powder.

Got a pound of Power Pistol and HP-38.
    Picked up some 9mm and 40/45 ammo boxes.
    two pads of paper targets
    A variety of bullets, including some .40 180g Winchester JHP, and 115/135g Hornady FTX bullets, along with some Xtreme and Barrys plated. Also picked up a 1000 CCI lg pistol primers. Glad to see some more ammo availablity than the last 1500 I went to in the winter, but the price gouging is still present. More and more available will start to bring the prices down.

Wasn't shopping for any firearms but stopped and looked at a few new and used models of the ones on my list, and totally unimpressed with the pricing. Couldn't believe how much one place was asking for used Sig P238s... :ugh:

Overall good show for us, wasn't too crowded. In and out in 2 hours with no line wait arriving around 4 pm. :yesway:

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    always try to hit the Indy 1500 for reloading supplies to subvert the HAZMAT fees for shipping primers and powder.

Got a pound of Power Pistol and HP-38.
    Picked up some 9mm and 40/45 ammo boxes.
    two pads of paper targets
    A variety of bullets, including some .40 180g Winchester JHP, and 115/135g Hornady FTX bullets, along with some Xtreme and Barrys plated. Also picked up a 1000 CCI lg pistol primers. Glad to see some more ammo availablity than the last 1500 I went to in the winter, but the price gouging is still present. More and more available will start to bring the prices down.

Wasn't shopping for any firearms but stopped and looked at a few new and used models of the ones on my list, and totally unimpressed with the pricing. Couldn't believe how much one place was asking for used Sig P238s... :ugh:

Overall good show for us, wasn't too crowded. In and out in 2 hours with no line wait arriving around 4 pm. :yesway:

i didn't see the high priced used sigs but did see a table in the southwest corner that had a bunch of the 238s for a cool $799 each. Your choice of which one you want.

Last edited by a moderator:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I got a pistol, knife, belt, EDC bag and an INGO t-shirt.

I want to give props to XZ Guns. I've always seen their tables packed with people, but never stopped because I wasn't looking for a firearm. Well, last week I got the bug to purchase a 9mm handgun and didn't want a Glock or M&P. A friend put me on to the PPQ, which I loved the moment I picked it up. If felt like the HK with the size of the Glock 19. Keeping the price in the back of my head, I figured I would order one next week.

Well, I got to the show and there were the hordes of gun nuts around the ZX tables again. I walked around and asked other vendors for the price on their PPQ and they were all above $600 and one was even $660! Well, I stopped by ZX and asked the price and the guy turned over the tag and said $529. Before I knew it I said, "That's a great price!" Well, if there was any negotiation to be had, that was down the drain; however, I found out they don't negotiate.

I then went on the search for magazines and didn't find any, but each vendor directed me to another to try and I though I finally found one, but it was for the M1 and I have the M2. The guy told me to give him a call next week and he'll get some in the mail to me.

I realized a savings on everything I bought yesterday.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I got a pistol, knife, belt, EDC bag and an INGO t-shirt.

I want to give props to XZ Guns. I've always seen their tables packed with people, but never stopped because I wasn't looking for a firearm. Well, last week I got the bug to purchase a 9mm handgun and didn't want a Glock or M&P. A friend put me on to the PPQ, which I loved the moment I picked it up. If felt like the HK with the size of the Glock 19. Keeping the price in the back of my head, I figured I would order one next week.

Well, I got to the show and there were the hordes of gun nuts around the ZX tables again. I walked around and asked other vendors for the price on their PPQ and they were all above $600 and one was even $660! Well, I stopped by ZX and asked the price and the guy turned over the tag and said $529. Before I knew it I said, "That's a great price!" Well, if there was any negotiation to be had, that was down the drain; however, I found out they don't negotiate.

I then went on the search for magazines and didn't find any, but each vendor directed me to another to try and I though I finally found one, but it was for the M1 and I have the M2. The guy told me to give him a call next week and he'll get some in the mail to me.

I realized a savings on everything I bought yesterday.

Good score, ZX is always my first goto place. If Jason gets to know you if he can he'll deal but often as in that PPQ I can't imagine there's much margin to play with at 529.00. I wouldn't have questioned it either.

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    Got to the show just shy of 2:45 and started in the line even with the end of the building, 38th street side, that said was probably only a 15min wait to hit the doors. Did get to listen to an arm-chair 'Armored Division" General (he played World of Tanks :facepalm: ) and a Infantry Vet - ACE reserve the entire way...yay :rolleyes:

Picked me up another medium ALICE pack, some camping supplies, a box of 3" .410 shot for $10 (not bad figuring most places are $15+) but pretty unimpressed otherwise on ammo - though it HAS come "down" since the last couple shows...just needs to drop another 30-50% to be where it aught to be.

But the Jewel (I think) I dug up was a police trade in Sig P220 w/ 3 mags & bright night-sights for $475 from the ACME table out of Seymore. 3rd item I've bought from them, outstanding service and product :patriot:. Beats the hell out of the Sig P226 at the table next to them with the out-standing home done Rust Coat on it, so liberally ingrained in the action it poured out when I removed the equally rusty magazine. No doubt a steal at the $499 + tax,tag,license, etc he was asking.

Didn't see 1 M&P45c the whole show though, the 1 thing I had in mind to find while I was there.

Chevyman540

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    LaPorte
    I picked up a really nice stock for my M1 and a couple of mags for it. Some of the vendor's had some good prices on some ammo, but not 22's.

Top Bottom