What did you get at the August 2013 Indy 1500?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BHOWPE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    My first trip ever to the show. Arrived at 12:15 on Sunday. No line - no waiting. As I expected, some of the better stuff was gone, but pricing was a little better and it was easier to get face time with the vendors. I was not insulated by most of the prices I saw, but there were some vendors that are still way too high. I did see the guy that had the 880 rounds of 7.62x54R offered at $400. He still had (3) or (37 left) - it was hard to read the sign. I saw the same ammo for $200 at another vendor which is a pretty good price.

What I purchased:
    - custom knife and sheath from Halfbreed knives - $95
    - had my SOG Flash II sharpened in about one minute to fix the damage my son did opening up boxes - now it shaves hair - $4
    - cinnamon roasted almonds, pecans & cashews 3-pak to share with the boss - $20
    - 25mm plastic ammo case - $12 (I should have bought more. They were 3 for $30, open at both ends, are water tight practically and practically indestructible. I will definitely pick up more in October.)
    - 9mm fibreglass swiveling cleaning rod - $28
    - small, round cleaning patches - $18 (I think I overpaid for these)
    - 22 cal and pistol steel plate ground targets - $45

I only had 2 hours to spend, but could easily have spent 4. I saw several WASR 10s with wooden furniture for around $600 - not bad for today's price environment, and some VEPRs that were about what you would pay on the interent. I will definitely budget more time in October. I am glad I went.
    -

CLR

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Things were a little high. Lots of 9mm fmj at 40c a round. Ended up going to wallie's the next day and found jhp for the same price.Only haggled with a few dealers before I took off for the colt's game

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Went early Friday to see if I could get a Raven concealment Kydex holster for my G26 and scored the only one they had there :)

Also picked up:
    TLR-1S
    INGO shirt
    Paracord
    MRE's
    Hornaday Critical defence ammo in 9mm & .45 at exactly what I paid before the panic.
    Seems like the ammo prices are getting close to where they were except for .22LR and 9mm which is what I was hoping to score. I thought it was a pretty good show though and not very busy.

TrentS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Speedway
    Got a great hardly used like new Glock 21C and a dust cover for my EoTec. My buddy picked up a new EoTec at a great price. No ammo but it looks like the @$$ holes marking up ammo 100% are coming back to relaity.

bgray

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Central Indiana
    I got one of the new INGO t-shirts and a couple INGO stickers for my nalgenes. The internet has ruined my ability to shop at these things. I can't justify paying upwards of 50% more just to have it in my hand at that moment. It's still nice to have it in hand to see if is what I really want or need before I buy it.

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    picked myself up a new wooby, couple of packs of targets, a few weapon cleaning kit pieces, a few P-38's and P-50's.

I actually had one vendor tell me that her price for .22LR at $14.95/100 CCI, was "Best price in the 1500". I looked at her, and then the guy next to me who kinda gave me the "who the heck is she trying to kid" look, told her it was a keeper. She says, yep, keep 'em locked up in your house...ha ha ha. I told her, no, I will keep them right there on the table, and walked away. I hate ammo flippers.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Picked up a few ammo cans for $10 each in very good condition, a couple AK bayonets, a Marlin model 60, and the new design INGO shirt.
    said hi to Fenway and talked to PaulF, the new mod for a minute. Nice to meet you Paul!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Picked up a few ammo cans for $10 each in very good condition, a couple AK bayonets, a Marlin model 60, and the new design INGO shirt.
    said hi to Fenway and talked to PaulF, the new mod for a minute. Nice to meet you Paul!
    I got to meet Paul Sunday morning too. :) He's still got that "new moderator" smell! :):

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I bought 2 AK47 yugo mags ($25) and a new Sig P238 tactical for $425... So I feel like I did pretty well, and I have nothing but good things to say about the new Sig, absolutely love it

airmotive

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Finally, FINALLY found bulk 147gr 9mm.
    Bought 1k for $320. Not a great deal, but not bad. Regardless...I can finally feed the Gemtechs.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Evanlee11
    Top Bottom