What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I watched about 30 minutes of the first episode and turned it off to watch something else. It looks like it will be good, apparently I was more in the mood to watch a shoot 'em up instead.
    It's definitely not a non-stop action show.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to watch lots of shooting and explosions!

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I finished "Fallout" in two (2) days. Loved it.

I've been playing Fallout since it came out in 1997. I've enjoyed almost every one of them except the latest, Fallout 76. The only one that sucked as a 1st person roleplaying game. Best in my opinion was Fallout New Vegas.

The Amazon TV series pulled a lot from each game rendition. The airplane in Filly is similar to Crater in Fallout 3. The broken water chip goes all the way back to the original Fallout. Loved Dogmeat. The gulpers hailed from Fallout 4 expansion pack Far Harbor. I was disappointed that we didn't see an super mutants but I suppose much needs to be saved for Season 2.

I am disappointed that Lucy isn't regularly carrying a real firearm by the end of, oh..., episode 1. First thing you do in the game no matter which rendition is arm yerself. The game is very violent. However, I do understand the TV series wanting to develop the background and characters for those who have never played.

I did/do somewhat fear it will not do well as many of us who didn't read Dune weren't fans of the first movie. I'm hoping the TV series will stand on its own.

Regards,

Doug

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I finished "Fallout" in two (2) days. Loved it.

I've been playing Fallout since it came out in 1997. I've enjoyed almost every one of them except the latest, Fallout 76. The only one that sucked as a 1st person roleplaying game. Best in my opinion was Fallout New Vegas.

The Amazon TV series pulled a lot from each game rendition. The airplane in Filly is similar to Crater in Fallout 3. The broken water chip goes all the way back to the original Fallout. Loved Dogmeat. The gulpers hailed from Fallout 4 expansion pack Far Harbor. I was disappointed that we didn't see an super mutants but I suppose much needs to be saved for Season 2.

I am disappointed that Lucy isn't regularly carrying a real firearm by the end of, oh..., episode 1. First thing you do in the game no matter which rendition is arm yerself. The game is very violent. However, I do understand the TV series wanting to develop the background and characters for those who have never played.

I did/do somewhat fear it will not do well as many of us who didn't read Dune weren't fans of the first movie. I'm hoping the TV series will stand on its own.

Regards,

Doug
    I couldn't believe she left the vault without a real gun. :):

They have the Codsworth voice actor. I thought that was a nice one.

So far the show is being really well received by people and critics alike.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I’ve been trying to like it, having never played or read any of the books, but it’s just a little too “campy“ for me. Lots of nice retro pieces on the set though, re-created the 50s pretty well.

I still prefer halo over this.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I couldn't believe she left the vault without a real gun. :):

They have the Codsworth voice actor. I thought that was a nice one.

So far the show is being really well received by people and critics alike.

I was trying to be generous with the gun.

I also love that the Ghoul KNOWS how evil Vault Tec was and still is. I am guessing that his wife is in Vault 31.

Watching this inspired me to return to New Vegas and deal with the Omerta's.

Doug

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Watched Fallout and loved it.
    Right now I am watching Killing Eve on Netflix.
    Binge worthy to me. First couple episodes were developing characters but I sat through the whole first season today with minor breaks. (I am stuck home for couple weeks)

mbkintner

Up the Irons
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Behind You
    Watched Fallout and loved it.
    Right now I am watching Killing Eve on Netflix.
    Binge worthy to me. First couple episodes were developing characters but I sat through the whole first season today with minor breaks. (I am stuck home for couple weeks)
    The first season of Killing Eve was fantastic. It made me a huge fan of Jodie Comer. The following seasons weren't as good but still worth watching.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Watched Terminator: Dark Fate.

Was afraid it wouldn’t match T2 and boy was I right. Very lame. Even the “I’ll be back” was lame.

Was especially annoyed that they got wrong the rank that an Air Force major was wearing. I mean pretty much everything else “military“ they had in the movie was ridiculous but you’d think they get the uniform right. The guy they were calling “major“ was wearing the subdued rank of a Lt Col. For non-military folks, Major and LtCol both wear oak leaves, but when wearing subdued rank, the Major leaves are brown, and the LtCol leaves are black.

It did have one good line out of the whole thing. (warning, spoiler ahead). The girl asks Terminator Arnold why he had this room full of guns. He tells her he calculated that human society had a 74% chance of descending into anarchy and barbarism, and he wanted to be able to protect his family — and then he says “And this is Texas.“ lol.

Top Bottom