• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Overnight martial law is declared. Military personnel are patrolling the streets and going door to door to search and in the process they are confiscating all weapons. Kinda like after Katrina in New Orleans. Keep in mind these are the same young men we now support so intently in Iraq and Afghanistan. What are you going to do? Suppose some of these boys are young men you might even know. Like National Guard from your own community. Are you going to refuse to allow them to search, or enter your home? Then what when they tell you, you have no choice and that they are going to enter using force if necessary, that they are under orders to secure all areas within their operation area. Are you going to oppose them with force? Killing them and forfeiting your own life?

I know my answer in this scenario. They will have to kill me. Once I truly came to that realization I also realized how important it is to do whatever it takes to keep this from happening.

You may have noticed in the title to this thread I used the word when That is not a typo. If things continue as they are this scenario is NOT a matter of what if...

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Quotes from;
    The Freedom Outlaws Handbook

Which is the criminal?
    He who shoots men who invade his home at midnight?
    They who break down doors, screaming obscenities in the name of the law?

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants: it is the creed of slaves. -- William Pitt, British prime minister

Quit cooperating with the police.

In any encounter with the police;
    Always be calm and polite.
    Always protest a search.
    Be aware of your body language and eye movements.
    Insist on a lawyer.
    NEVER admit to anything.
    NEVER invite the police in to your home, office, or car.
    The police can and do lie.
    REMEMBER THAT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IS NEVER MORE LENIENT ON YOU WHEN YOU GIVE UP YOUR RIGHTS. CONFESSING OR COOPERATION WILL ONLY MAKE THINGS HARDER ON YOU. WHEN YOU GIVE UP YOUR RIGHTS YOU ALSO GIVE UP ANY HOPE OF BEING TREATED FAIRLY.

Don't get all goo goo about cops and soldiers.
    They are just people.

Last edited:

gdun67

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Indiana
    I know what ill do. Ill never give up my guns. I would figure out something to do to be able to keep them and they wouldnt know i had them :)

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Quotes from;
    The Freedom Outlaws Handbook

Which is the criminal?
    He who shoots men who invade his home at midnight?
    They who break down doors, screaming obscenities in the name of the law?

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants: it is the creed of slaves. -- William Pitt, British prime minister

Quit cooperating with the police.

Always protest a search.
    Insist on a lawyer.
    NEVER admit to anything.
    REMEMBER THAT THE JUST ICE SYSTEM IS NEVER MORE LENIENT ON YOU WHEN YOU GIVE UP YOUR RIGHTS. CONFESSING OR COOPERATION WILL ONLY MAKE THINGS HARDER ON YOU. WHEN YOU GIVE UP YOUR RIGHTS YOU ALSO GIVE UP ANY HOPE OF BEING TREATED FAIRLY.

Don't get all goo goo about cops and soldiers.
    They are just people.

I have never heard of this handbook. Ironically this is exactly what my father taught me at a young age. +1 repped...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Always protest a search.
    Insist on a lawyer.
    NEVER admit to anything.
    REMEMBER THAT THE JUST ICE SYSTEM IS NEVER MORE LENIENT ON YOU WHEN YOU GIVE UP YOUR RIGHTS. CONFESSING OR COOPERATION WILL ONLY MAKE THINGS HARDER ON YOU. WHEN YOU GIVE UP YOUR RIGHTS YOU ALSO GIVE UP ANY HOPE OF BEING TREATED FAIRLY.

I have a good friend who is a Villa Park, Illinois police officer. He has given me the above advice many times. He loves to sit and tell stories about how they lie to the criminals to get them to admit things, or how they fake compassion to get people to open up and admit things. He told me they are trained in verbal trickery to gain permission to search cars, to enter homes, etc.

If you have nothing to fear, nothing to hide, then DON'T let them in to look for anything. Just because you are an honest person is reason enough to deny them entry to your car/home/property.

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hopefully many homeowners in Indiana will resist quickly and with enough conviction that the commanders ordering those troops to confiscate in homes will change their minds before it goes too far! I have a real story that happened to me about officials (police, emergency personnel) being blindly obedient to orders. A few years ago here on the southside of Indy a tornadoe went thru our area doing quite a bit of damage about mid day, destroying many homes and such, I was at work, the path of the damage was about 1.5 mile north of my home at the closest point, the emergency response people (police, fire etc.) were ordered to secure the area, so coming home 3 hours after the tornado (6 miles from work to home) took 4 hours, they had every road within 10 miles of the path of destruction blocked, people were sitting on all the major roads in traffic jam, I finally argued after squirming our way for hours close to our home that if I could just enter that side road I was home! Mind you not one leaf was blown away in our sub-division! Ther were multiple roads closed that could have been used to avoid the MAIN AREA of damage allowing emergency personnel free movement in and out! I beleive this BLIND OBEDIENCE to orders just shows that some times common sense is thrown out and it becomes just follow orders mentality! The result was all roads for miles were grid-locked for hours and ambulances and such were even stranded, there was no room left to pull out of the way! Sorry to rant but you had to be there to see the utter chaos created by our responders! I am not talking about those who helped the injured and such but your jobs were also made harder!:nuts:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I know what ill do. Ill never give up my guns. I would figure out something to do to be able to keep them and they wouldnt know i had them :)

I don't think this will help. In essence you would be hiding your guns which means that those in charge have won. Sure they don't get your guns but they have "disabled" you as you are no longer a threat.

ChefCook does have the right idea. FORCE is needed. Yes you may lose your life in the process but think what happens if you use FORCE and win and so does your neighoor and your friend and the girl down the street. Do you think that the "power to be" will continue with their attempt? Perhaps or perhaps they may think twice about it.

One thing is for sure when this happens FORCE will be needed as we will be in a civil war. You will have to FORCE your way out of the problem and then join up with others (the resistance) to overcome what is coming.

Hiding your guns is not the answer, not in the situtation ChefCook is talking about.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    well how many people are we looking at showing up the door step a whole unit, 3-5, or a lone officer? situation may vary

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    well how many people are we looking at showing up the door step a whole unit, 3-5, or a lone officer? situation may vary

I'd expect at least 3-5 the first time they actually would come out to your house. One at the door, one or two on the steps to each side and at least one out in the bush set up with his sniper rifle and may be one covering the back.

At least that's what they did to arrest a farmer, a friend and neighbor of mine for his cow getting out. He did have his son there with him as they were putting up fence. May be because there was two of them and they were out in the pasture by the road putting up fence they looked extra menacing.

Last edited:

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I hope this never happens here, but if it does, I hope the word goes out quickly so the so called authorities can find no one at home - at any of our homes.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I don't think this will happen on a nationwide scale. 300 million americans is a huge number of people to disarm and search and control at once. Just not the man power to do it. Even if half or a little more are sheep.

I hope that if such a situation crops up that people will get involved and assit their friends and neighbors. Get the word out if nothing else, but hopefully even more. I think Waco's and Ruby Ridges will be more difficult to keep quiet with the internet being more widely used.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I don't think this will happen on a nationwide scale. 300 million americans is a huge number of people to disarm and search and control at once. Just not the man power to do it. Even if half or a little more are sheep.

I hope that if such a situation crops up that people will get involved and assit their friends and neighbors. Get the word out if nothing else, but hopefully even more. I think Waco's and Ruby Ridges will be more difficult to keep quiet with the internet being more widely used.

Coach there are nine "main data centers" for the western hemipshere that control all "internet traffic". Those nine centers are located in the US and are highly guarded and fortities (eg. a bomb will not take them out). However a simple wire cutter *CAN* take them out if you manage to get inside the datacenter and just physcially cut the wires.
    (I go this from a Discovey Channel show about 2 years ago. They did not let the camera's inside the datacenters but talked about how the internt could be brought down).

Why am I talking about this? 1 sec please.

Also China (the government) has the technological expertise to block any website/webpages/emails that they deem inapporiate. If the China can do this so can the US. So what am I getting at?

Simple the internet for all it's wonder and beauty is only a heart beat away from being pulled from us if we go into a civial war and the government wants to stop all communications. Either the datacenters will be turned off/blocked or a massive blockage would occur. The same goals with our cellphones and landlines. The only thing that they (government) can not stop overnight is radios (CB and HAM type). It will be these types of radios and operates that will be a premium when the war comes.

Don't fool yourself that it can not happen here. Hilter did it as well and that was not a small nation? The menatlity to hide the weapons will do no good. Unless by "not being home" you mean that you have already left to join up with the resistance and have taken your guns.

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Inform the officer that his chances of seeing his family again dramatically go up when he moves on to the next house. Then wish him a good day or start shooting...his choice.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Inform the officer that his chances of seeing his family again dramatically go up when he moves on to the next house. Then wish him a good day or start shooting...his choice.

Before you do this, would you use your last phone call to let me know they are headed my way?

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    The same goals with our cellphones and landlines. The only thing that they (government) can not stop overnight is radios (CB and HAM type). It will be these types of radios and operates that will be a premium when the war comes.

Don't fool yourself that it can not happen here. Hilter did it as well and that was not a small nation? The menatlity to hide the weapons will do no good. Unless by "not being home" you mean that you have already left to join up with the resistance and have taken your guns.
    Sorry to resurrect this I just had to bring this up for all SHTF worriers. The only form of communication or emergency word will be by word of mouth and dispatched runners. It is a simple and very well known idea that as part of a military offensive the first sign of THE START is when communications are lost. It usually is not noticed because the kick in the teeth is so traumatic. All communications besides what our attackers want us to have will be gone. CB and HAM are childs play to disrupt with jamming and spoofing technology. Most of us are on satelite or cable which is satelite driven and guess how easy those are to take out. In other words don't count on a warning. We must react in an instant to secure ourselves from any attacker or we are toast. Then we must calmly join up with our fellow Americans to repel them further.
    Good luck!
    I am sure this has been covered already but thought I'd add just in case.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Problem is, it will always be reactionary and will always be reactionary...To unite people in that way, well it would have to be something dramatic. Our rights get trampled and our recourse is after the fact, in a court of law, not protest as it is happening...like the TSA post, listen to what that guy went through...That is why I have such a problem with the term "Law Abiding Gun Owners", better to say, "Well Behaved Gun Owners".

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Life or death? Ill let them have a couple muzzle loaders maybe even a couple I never have ammo for.... but all my good rifles sank in that tragic boating accident. :)

Mr.Hoppes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    New Goshen IN
    Ok folks, take a second , breath.

Now If you truly believe a scenario like this is a matter of fact, it is going to happen, then why not take steps to reduce your exposure? Take the time to plan and to organize?

I am not talking about taking action against anyone but planning a good defense. A defense that makes the ( good or bad guys) have a reason to move on to the next place.

City dwellers, fortify, and reduce exterior line of sight and sound. Take the lessons from Katrina. The folks going door to door didn't in fact go inside every door. They looked and listened and when they decided there wasn't anyone there, they moved on. Doors and windows fortified, strengthened, and noise reducing barriers can make an invader good or not, move on. Do you believe they will use a bettering ram on EVERY DOOR?

Rural folks, make your property inaccessible. Make all outdoor lights and visual indicators of life either on a switch or block-able, so it can not be seen. Trees shrubs and gates. Strengthen your fence lines,and make your property blend. Granted rural areas won't be as easy to surprise , but know your neighbors. Like them or not they may be the crow in the night that alerts you to the coyote. If your covered by crops make sure when the crop is removed that your still covered.

Don't just think about your guns, but food ( stored, live stock or crops), and supplies. Think of your Wife and daughters. I know this message board is about GUNS and bacon, but seriously, guns are just one of the things they (good or bad guys) will come for.

Lets not forget the lesson of Katrina that the ( government) for lack of better descriptors, came for the guns but there were looters who came for anything they could get.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Following orders is always a choice, if it's an illegal order, you're choosing to aid in the commission of a crime, making you a criminal. You will be dealt with as a criminal. The police and military have a duty to act in a legal manner. If they choose to blindly follow orders, God be with them because soon enough they'll be with God.

Top Bottom