• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    I think we will live to see some form of Government Confiscation in our lifetime.

The majority of the people were against the bailouts but it passed anyway.
    The majority of the people are against illegal immagration but..... who's listening.
    The war on drugs might as well be...... well, thats a decades long joke.

Does anyone have any good concealment ideas?

I'm thinking concealed in wall cavities behind mirrors in the hallway.
    Maybe concealed in an old coke machine out in the garage, or even
    hidden in the 100# L.P. tank out by the gas grill.
    Chest freezers with false bottoms are easy to modify as well.
    Still functional but perfect for hiding things underneath.

Good question.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Ok folks, take a second , breath.

Now If you truly believe a scenario like this is a matter of fact, it is going to happen, then why not take steps to reduce your exposure? Take the time to plan and to organize?

I am not talking about taking action against anyone but planning a good defense. A defense that makes the ( good or bad guys) have a reason to move on to the next place.

City dwellers, fortify, and reduce exterior line of sight and sound. Take the lessons from Katrina. The folks going door to door didn't in fact go inside every door. They looked and listened and when they decided there wasn't anyone there, they moved on. Doors and windows fortified, strengthened, and noise reducing barriers can make an invader good or not, move on. Do you believe they will use a bettering ram on EVERY DOOR?

Rural folks, make your property inaccessible. Make all outdoor lights and visual indicators of life either on a switch or block-able, so it can not be seen. Trees shrubs and gates. Strengthen your fence lines,and make your property blend. Granted rural areas won't be as easy to surprise , but know your neighbors. Like them or not they may be the crow in the night that alerts you to the coyote. If your covered by crops make sure when the crop is removed that your still covered.

Don't just think about your guns, but food ( stored, live stock or crops), and supplies. Think of your Wife and daughters. I know this message board is about GUNS and bacon, but seriously, guns are just one of the things they (good or bad guys) will come for.

Lets not forget the lesson of Katrina that the ( government) for lack of better descriptors, came for the guns but there were looters who came for anything they could get.

I couldn't agree more, my biggest fear is someone causing physical harm to my family. If they came knocking at my door, they wouldn't get a response. If there were signs of forced entry ( i.e battering ram ) I'll come out with gas mask on and guns a blazin'. I'd try with everything I have to protect my food, water and well-being of my loved ones.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Even disassembled CRT televisions with LCD components in them, that can mean a lot of storage space if you have a big TV.

The craziest idea I ever heard was finishing a basement with 2 to 3 feet of clearance between the actual basement wall and the drywall that could be accessed through a false back of a gun safe.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Run to pre-planned points if we can, fight if we must. All members of our family, including our son, will fight if it comes to that. If it comes to a fight in the house, we do not consider survival to be a high probability. But we'll die free, and charge a high price for our lives.

It will be nice if such things can be dealt with through established government channels, but I'm no longer certain we'll even have a real election in 2012, much less established government channels. Too many parallels between the current usurper and 1930s Germany.

citizenvain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Overnight martial law is declared. Military personnel are patrolling the streets and going door to door to search and in the process they are confiscating all weapons.
    Wait a second!! Wouldn’t the ACLU protect our rights? Wouldn’t they?
    Does anyone have any good concealment ideas?
    The problem with this, from what I understand , please correct me if I’m wrong, when you buy your guns from a gun store and fill out that paper work, the clerk puts down on the form what weapons and how many you are buying. So the government knows what is “registered” to us. Is that correct? From what I understand, when the Germans went around collecting weapons, if you didn’t have every firearm accounted for , you were dealt with severely.

As far as what I would do… I am not sure. I really don’t know what my response would be. I do hope and pray that should the government would ever go this route, our military would turn on them. With as screwed up as our politicians are, it just can’t be us civilians that are frustrated…surly members, and high ranking members of the military are getting fed up too? I just have to believe our military and police force would never openly attack us or our constitution like they do and have done in numerous other countries through time. I hope.

Nakatomi

Tactically Cool
    Rating - 98.7%
    76   1   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sorry to resurrect this I just had to bring this up for all SHTF worriers. The only form of communication or emergency word will be by word of mouth and dispatched runners. It is a simple and very well known idea that as part of a military offensive the first sign of THE START is when communications are lost. It usually is not noticed because the kick in the teeth is so traumatic. All communications besides what our attackers want us to have will be gone. CB and HAM are childs play to disrupt with jamming and spoofing technology. Most of us are on satelite or cable which is satelite driven and guess how easy those are to take out. In other words don't count on a warning. We must react in an instant to secure ourselves from any attacker or we are toast. Then we must calmly join up with our fellow Americans to repel them further.
    Good luck!
    I am sure this has been covered already but thought I'd add just in case.

The only downside to this idea is assuming our own military decides to disarm us is, this isn't Afghanistan. There isn't some ridiculously complex set of mountains for 20 guys to hide in. Your opponent will have time, fuel, food, mass numbers, infared detectors, air support, tanks, teams of snipers, nukes, nerve gas, and all the time in the world. Where are you going to hide in Iowa? And for what purpose? Even if you do evade capture, you're going to be the one free guy in the woods with your AR-15? Did you drag a reloading press out there with you?

In 1776, an armed citizen was nearly on equal footing with an armed soldier. Not so today, by a long shot.

That said, I think it is important to be armed for things like Katrina, where you have to defend yourself FROM FELLOW CITIZENS.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    The only downside to this idea is assuming our own military decides to disarm us is, this isn't Afghanistan. There isn't some ridiculously complex set of mountains for 20 guys to hide in. Your opponent will have time, fuel, food, mass numbers, infared detectors, air support, tanks, teams of snipers, nukes, nerve gas, and all the time in the world. Where are you going to hide in Iowa? And for what purpose? Even if you do evade capture, you're going to be the one free guy in the woods with your AR-15? Did you drag a reloading press out there with you?

In 1776, an armed citizen was nearly on equal footing with an armed soldier. Not so today, by a long shot.

That said, I think it is important to be armed for things like Katrina, where you have to defend yourself FROM FELLOW CITIZENS.

Actually, reloading kits for every caliber we carry is part of our bugout gear.

Lee Precision, Inc. Reloading Tools and Equipment: Classic Lee Loader

Available in many calibers (from sources other than Lee) for as low as $22. Everything you need to reload, except for a stick or mallet, and components. And they work very well.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I've been think about this scenario, why not just hit up your home while your at work? Or start a black ops that has your house getting "robbed". You, they pick up on your way home, and they don't get everyone at once, just a guy here and there, report that he was imbalanced mentally, or had an outstanding warrant. Against the law? Change the law, or add some "emergency powers act". Don't think that the military would help out? Did We mention that this guy is a terrorist bent on the destruction of Amerika?

Nakatomi

Tactically Cool
    Rating - 98.7%
    76   1   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Actually, reloading kits for every caliber we carry is part of our bugout gear.

But bug out to where, exactly? Case in point, the guy who blew up the abortion clinics, Eric Robert Rudolph. He bugged out. Now what? Highly trained, highly skilled, survivalist guy who could live off the land. Couldn't be found. Finally, got busted digging through trash behind a Walmart or something, skinny, demoralized, and tired of eating squirrel stew and living under a bush for several years. What kind of life are you going to have even if they can't find you?

Besides that, look at where the unmanned drone technology is going. They are getting faster, cheaper, more deadly. Even if a bunch of like-minded survivalists head for the Rockies or something, how long would you last against a swarm of these things that don't eat, sleep, and have heat scanners and missles? :)

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    But bug out to where, exactly? Case in point, the guy who blew up the abortion clinics, Eric Robert Rudolph. He bugged out. Now what? Highly trained, highly skilled, survivalist guy who could live off the land. Couldn't be found. Finally, got busted digging through trash behind a Walmart or something, skinny, demoralized, and tired of eating squirrel stew and living under a bush for several years. What kind of life are you going to have even if they can't find you?

Besides that, look at where the unmanned drone technology is going. They are getting faster, cheaper, more deadly. Even if a bunch of like-minded survivalists head for the Rockies or something, how long would you last against a swarm of these things that don't eat, sleep, and have heat scanners and missles? :)

Then I reckon the only choice is to surrender the guns, and lives as slaves. So sad, I'd thought freedom worth fighting for, but I see now that it is far to risky. :(

Actually, you raise viable points, but I think we are already skirting the wishes of Admin here, so addressing them is difficult. But, one difference is that Eric Rudolph was acting alone.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    While I believe in the greyman approach, I would think that the raiding parties that are suppose to be guarding the entry people falling would be a hint they would be in the wrong neighbor.

Mr.Hoppes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    New Goshen IN
    Then I reckon the only choice is to surrender the guns, and lives as slaves. So sad, I'd thought freedom worth fighting for, but I see now that it is far to risky. :(

Actually, you raise viable points, but I think we are already skirting the wishes of Admin here, so addressing them is difficult. But, one difference is that Eric Rudolph was acting alone.

My point with Eric is that he took action and was hunted for it. He was not simply minding his own business. He asked for all he got. As for getting tired of eating squirrel stew, allot of us know, the things that can be eaten but few enjoy them. What you do, adapt and grow, or surrender. That is what he did by going into town for food. He might as well surrendered, because his capture was inevitable, at that point. Being prepared and training are imperative. Knowledge isn't enough. One must have the experience as well. And while no training will absolutely cover all situations it can make simply existing easier , so figuring out the specifics of a detailed situation can be done with clearer thought.

To the matter of the military using it's tools against the civilian population, we still out number them. Yes there could be such a use of weapons, but they are expensive therefore there aren't as many as would be needed.

This brings me back to my earlier post. Covert. Be the fortress, just look like the other sheep. Don't buy from documenting sources for your fire arms. There are still legal places to buy without the paper trial. Although that is changing, loop holes and gaps are being filled every day. So If you truly believe this IS going to happen prepare Now. Plan now, Fortify, Now. And Pay your taxes, OR you won't look like the sheep, you'll be the Coyote, and you'll be hunted. (story on another thread).

I don't believe in taxation, as it stands today, But I believe it is too late to change the system. It is time to prepare for the storm on the horizon. For the record I said prepare for NOT PLAN the storm. I do not advocate any action against the government. I believe the government will take care of that itself.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    The way confiscation would happen is just by a little piece of the pie at a time until you wake up and there are only crumbs. More regulations and control will be the start they will make it unlawful for anyone to have a gun that is not registered. Private sales will be out of the question and punished severely. Look at what has happened in England and Australia, it's only the beginning. I hope by then that everybody would be banned together against those regulations. If it is a total SHTF scenario well don't come knocking on my door, it will be a shoot first ask questions later. But, I do believe we are headed for a type of confiscation whether its certain ammo and high-cap mags or what not...the storm is rolling in. It is time to prepare.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    We've got plans. And if all goes right we'll get the hell out of there before they come. We are prepping...we have started a B.O.B (Bug out bag), I will NOT give up my guns, I will NOT give up my family. I will fight until I win or die. And yes, "when" seems like the right word....Hope for the best...Plan for the worst! And Thats exactly what I'll do! And I'll pray...Like I've never prayed before!

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    We've got plans. And if all goes right we'll get the hell out of there before they come. We are prepping...we have started a B.O.B (Bug out bag), I will NOT give up my guns, I will NOT give up my family. I will fight until I win or die. And yes, "when" seems like the right word....Hope for the best...Plan for the worst! And Thats exactly what I'll do! And I'll pray...Like I've never prayed before!
    :+1: I hear that!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    This kind of thing does NOT happen overnight...if it seems like it happens overnight, you haven't been paying attention.

For my part...I'm not going quietly. If I've been observant, I won't even be there to see my door get kicked in.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I don't know what me and mine will be doing... I am from a large military family. The Civil War almost destroyed my family then, it was a hard lesson that my family learned. We have always defended God and Country.

Top Bottom