• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I don’t know, it’s as stupid looking as cars with tires that are too narrow for the rim so the sidewall is stretched. Different strokes for different folks, I don’t worry about what people spend their money on or how they screw up their truck but sometimes it’s hard not to point out the obvious…

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Maybe the truck owners are in the midst of a total life, but ran short on funds.
    Give them a few weeks, that back end will get lifted when they get another loan.
    That’s what I thought when I first saw it

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    I'm all for personalizing ones truck, but I hate the squat. It ranks right up there with the "swangas" that people around houston are trying to make popular. Not a fan of either

Last edited:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    What those trucks look like to me.

dog-squatting-going-number-two-42642299.jpg

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Never cared for trucks that are lifted, lowered or messed with like that. Almost always causes problems with the vehicle as well as looking stupid. Just MHO.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    The one that gets me is low profile tires and lowering a 4x4, never understood that.
    I'd rather see a truck leveled, bringing the nose up to match the back, maybe a slight lift,say 2 ".
    We have one of those, but it's not a 4x4. Husband needed a truck, and we drove over an hour away, and there it sat, in all it's glory, ugly pitted rims, low profile tires, one flat, and the back end slightly squatted, due to a shackle busting through the bed. (i think that's what it's called). I figured we'd turn around and go right back home, but he wanted to check it out anyway. Bought it cheap, did some repairs. It's still lowered and got those same wheels, but he claims he likes it because he's had back and hip surgery and it's easier for him to get in. As a short person, i have to agree with that part.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    The one that gets me is low profile tires and lowering a 4x4, never understood that.
    I'd rather see a truck leveled, bringing the nose up to match the back, maybe a slight lift,say 2 ".
    Not a "truck" per say, but here is my '97 4Runner with an updated suspension that gave it about a 2" lift all the way around. 285/75/16 tires brings it up slightly more. I wanted it about 3/4" lower in the front so it would sit level when I get the new steel tube bumper on and it's got cargo in the back.

IMG_20230121_172600.jpg

IMG_20230121_172449.jpg
    And yep, lifting it just that amount did cause some minor issues. CV boots split from the new angle and are spitting CV axle grease all over the place. A new reboot kit is on the way. Only cost about $175, but now I have to spend at least a full afternoon pulling CV axles to reboot then reinstall.

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    Remember the 70s cars that were jacked up in the back and had big fat racing slicks on the back? I loved those back in the day...
    Yes! I had a 78 z28. Just big tires and not slicks but jacked up! Not sure why we are jacking up the wrong end of a vehicle these days:dunno: 70’s looked cool but today looks like a fool.!.?!.

Top Bottom