• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    There’s a simple rebuttal to your argument by providing an example. Prior to integration, was there systematic racism in the US Armed Forces? Would you also agree that the vast majority of service members served honorably?
    Im not making the case for proof of systematic racism today, only that you method for disproving it isn’t valid.
    The claim of systemic racism means that there is a wide spread policy of racism within LE. Granted there are a few among the ranks that have exhibited racial motivation but that goes against current policy. They must be properly identified on a case by case basis and be weeded out but I would argue that it certainly isn't systemic.

Saying that a vast majority in LE serve honorably but are doing so in a 'systemic racist" environment is simply not true.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The claim of systemic racism means that there is a wide spread policy of racism within LE. Granted there are a few among the ranks that have exhibited racial motivation but that goes against current policy. They must be properly identified on a case by case basis and be weeded out but I would argue that it certainly isn't systemic.

Saying that a vast majority in LE serve honorably are doing so in a 'systemic racist" environment is simply not true.
    I’d have to see the direct quote about “systematic racism,” but people can serve honorably in a system that is systematically racist. I gave you the Armed Forces prior to integration. That system clearly applies, and I think the vast majority of the soldiers in that system served honorably. Do you disagree?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I’d have to see the direct quote about “systematic racism,” but people can serve honorably in a system that is systematically racist. I gave you the Armed Forces prior to integration. That system clearly applies, and I think the vast majority of the soldiers in that system served honorably. Do you disagree?
    I'm saying there is no "systemic racism" within the ranks if a majority serve honorably. To say otherwise is a contradiction.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Last edited:

RevolverGuy75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2021
    Central IN
    I like how everyone just skips right over his hyper woke comments, thinking that he's on your side. :laugh:

Maybe this country really deserves this. I mean it is subtle to someone not very well versed in leftist dog whistles, but I did give a good hint.
    Here's a better hint https://www.chicagotribune.com/colu...0200709-e42fag6ivbazdblizpopsp4p2a-story.html

Even the radical left are in mild dispute over whether that's going too far.
    Huh? Who is hyper woke? My statement “agreed” with another posters opinion that Tim Scott’s speech was a pretty good rebuttal to Biden’s rhetoric. That’s it. I think you intended your dog whistle prowess display for someone else perhaps.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Huh? Who is hyper woke? My statement “agreed” with another posters opinion that Tim Scott’s speech was a pretty good rebuttal to Biden’s rhetoric. That’s it. I think you intended your dog whistle prowess display for someone else perhaps.

I was saying Tim Scott's tweet following his speech was one of the most "woke" comments I've seen by someone considering themselves right of mao.

And it's a good hint that maybe Tim Scott shouldn't be regarded as one of the good guys.

RevolverGuy75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2021
    Central IN
    I was saying Tim Scott's tweet following his speech was one of the most "woke" comments I've seen by someone considering themselves right of mao.

And it's a good hint that maybe Tim Scott shouldn't be regarded as one of the good guys.
    I guess we have to label them “good guys” or “bad guys” or “liberals” or “conservatives” or “dog whistlers”....we cannot just say “hey, good to hear someone oppose Joe’s bullsh*t rhetoric”. Thanks for enlightening. ;)
    Regardless, take care! Have a great weekend! Hope a lot of folks get out and do some shooting or get to the gun shows rather than sit inside arguing politics online.

Last edited:

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I guess we have to label them “good guys” or “bad guys” or “liberals” or “conservatives” or “dog whistlers”....we cannot just say “hey, good to hear someone oppose Joe’s bullsh*t rhetoric”. Thanks for enlightening. ;)
    Regardless, take care! Have a great weekend! Hope a lot of folks get out and do some shooting or get to the gun shows rather than sit inside arguing politics online.
    I just thought, if you can hear a leftist dog whistle, doesn't that mean ....

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I just thought, if you can hear a leftist dog whistle, doesn't that mean ....
    Here I'll spell it out for you:
    w7MYhX8.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There’s a simple rebuttal to your argument by providing an example. Prior to integration, was there systematic racism in the US Armed Forces? Would you also agree that the vast majority of service members served honorably?
    Im not making the case for proof of systematic racism today, only that you method for disproving it isn’t valid.
    We likely disagree on the definition of “systemic”. You may have at least partially adopted the CRT definition.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    We likely disagree on the definition of “systemic”. You may have at least partially adopted the CRT definition.
    Wait. Prior to desegregation, you didn’t think there was systematic racism in the armed forces? And that believing so is CRT?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Wait. Prior to desegregation, you didn’t think there was systematic racism in the armed forces? And that believing so is CRT?
    Why do you keep brining this up? This all started with my post. If you go back and re-read it I was clearly talking about the accusation of "systemic racism" within the ranks of LE and asked the question of how can that be possible WITHIN THE RANKS if a vast majority in LE serve honorably?

Sure there is no denying that there are some within the ranks motivated by race and they must be dealt with honestly on an individual basis without trashing the vast majority of those that serve honorably by calling it "systemic" There is no such thing within the ranks or policy wise.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why do you keep brining this up? This all started with my post. If you go back and re-read it I was clearly talking about the accusation of "systemic racism" within the ranks of LE and asked the question of how can that be possible WITHIN THE RANKS if a vast majority in LE serve honorably?

Sure there is no denying that there are some within the ranks motivated by race and they must be dealt with honestly on an individual basis without trashing the vast majority of those that serve honorably by calling it "systemic" There is no such thing within the ranks or policy wise.
    It appears you are saying that if one “served honorably,” that precludes there being systematic racism in the ranks. I took that to be a truism you believed? Is it not? Do you believe that a group or society, can be populated with a vast majority of people “serving honorably,” and still have systematic racism exist?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It appears you are saying that if one “served honorably,” that precludes there being systematic racism in the ranks. I took that to be a truism you believed? Is it not? Do you believe that a group or society, can be populated with a vast majority of people “serving honorably,” and still have systematic racism exist?
    If it is systemic racism is it in the ranks or is it in the system. Pick one.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I really think the term "systemic" is the wrong one. Every aspect of this country doesn't fit that definition even casting a very wide net.

Reactions: KG1

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I've made my position quite clear and we're not talking about one serving honorably. We're talking about a vast majority within the ranks serving honorably and by definition that precludes systemic,

Go ahead and make your case that racism is systemic within the ranks of the vast majority of those that wear a uniform and a badge who serve honorably keeping in mind that the definition of "systemic” refers to the whole as opposed to parts of it.

To reach the conclusion that there is "systemic racism" within the ranks one could only mean the opposite of a vast majority serving honorably and that claim by definition is a contradiction meaning that a vast majority as a whole are racist when that is simply not the case..

I’ll listen.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom