• ...and so much more!
  • flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    The law does not state they MUST release after 3 days. To say they don't support the 2A is ********. What's the big deal? If you are routinely denied or pending, get a PIN and stop your ****ing whining. They are just trying to keep the .gov from crawling up their ass and erring on the side of caution. NBD

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    The law does not state they MUST release after 3 days. To say they don't support the 2A is ********. What's the big deal? If you are routinely denied or pending, get a PIN and stop your ****ing whining. They are just trying to keep the .gov from crawling up their ass and erring on the side of caution. NBD
    I dont think the man was whining. He was just passing the word along. I for one appreciate that.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I haven't been denied, but I already know I have to make two trips to the gun store if I want to buy a gun since my check is always delayed. It sucks you have to wait to get that result. I asked store the last time right after I filled out the 4473 to just call me if I get a return before the three days is up, but you have to wait to sign the form once you are delayed.

The only time I've bought a firearm at Cabelas it took ten or eleven days.

Last edited:

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    They are just trying to keep the .gov from crawling up their ass and erring on the side of caution. NBD
    Why put in extra policies when we just had a big discussion on here a few weeks ago about how the alphabet boys don’t even fine the FFL’s that they catch selling guns without paperwork in the parking lot for cash.......

after a certain time period does the weapon then belong to Point blank again?

that’s the real question

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Because the PIN doesn't stop you from waiting.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I haven't been denied, but I already know I have to make two trips to the gun store if I want to buy a gun since my check is always pended. It sucks you have to wait to get that result. I asked store the last time right after I filled out the 4473 to just call me if I get a return before the three days is up, but you have to wait to sign the form once you are pended.

The only time I've bought a firearm at Cabelas it took ten or eleven days.
    It`s another infringement upon our Second Amendment rights actually. Stall, delay, frustrate, just to satisfy a government hurdle that ought not be there to begin with.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I dunno about that - I bought a handgun from Greensburg Rural King and walked 20 minutes later with it out the front door.

I've never had to "wait" to purchase a firearm - in state or outta state.
    It's only if there's a "delay" when calling in the NICS check. If that goes through right away then there's no wait.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I dunno about that - I bought a handgun from Greensburg Rural King and walked 20 minutes later with it out the front door.

I've never had to "wait" to purchase a firearm - in state or outta state.
    I can't believe that an RK was able to complete a firearm purchase in 20 minutes... based on my past experience with them.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I have never waited 20 minutes for a procede. However long it took to make a phone call in the old days, or now to enter it...

N ISTANT CS

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I for one don't like to see businesses choosing to wait until the NICS comes back on a delay. This kind of behavior gives the feds another avenue to to attack gun sales from. The 3 day rule encourages them to try to keep up with the NICS system. If companies choose not to use the 3 day system then all the gov. has to do is cause delays in the NICS dept (understaffing) and that alone will slow down the sale of guns if enough companies wait on them to get the NICS check done no matter how how long it takes.

Top Bottom