• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Maybe reread what I posted and ask yourself if I said the feds are concerned about us having to wait. In fact I think they could care less which is why I think FFL's should proceed with the transaction after the 3 days, therefore eliminating the feds power to slow people down even more by waiting as long as they want to complete the NICS check.
    Sorry, I misread your post..

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Funny story, I actually knew a girl who did just that. She was... odd. And she did just that. Stripped to pay for college, paid cash, and quit when she graduated, with no debt that I am aware of.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Who do you think works in these evil stores? Local people just trying to get soccer shoes and little girl dance lesson also.

Just pointing this out :whistle:
    Sorry to offend. Which big box retailer do you work for? :):

Never said they were evil. I just support the local owner over investors. Both employ local workers, so in my eyes, that aspect is a wash.

Edit: Except Dicks. they can DIAF. Twice. I hope Dicks stores burn down, fall over, then sink into the swamp. :):

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Just brought a LCP Max from Muncie Rural King last weekend and had no issues aside from a longer wait as an employee had to go to the back and get my gun and another customer's .

I don't even put down my SS number either for some time and that has never caused any delays in the background check. I stopped filling out my SS when I got a call from one of my card issuers asking if I charged 3 grand at Bloomingdale's.

They did not walk me out the door either. The guy at the counter said they stopped doing it because of the Covid.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    My take on this situation: A) You can beat the system by legally changing your last name to something with 12+ letters in it.

or B) You can wait for the phone call...

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Sorry to offend. Which big box retailer do you work for? :):

Never said they were evil. I just support the local owner over investors. Both employ local workers, so in my eyes, that aspect is a wash.

Edit: Except Dicks. they can DIAF. Twice. I hope Dicks stores burn down, fall over, then sink into the swamp. :):
    Retired

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Fortunately I have never been delayed in all my years now. I have friends from the Military that get delayed every time because of their Clearance level from the Military.
    I doubt clearance level has anything to do with it. I have a high level clearance and have never got delayed and know many others as well. It's likely just a coincidence or everybody with a clearance would get delayed. I doubt for a standard NICS check there is any data related to clearances that come up.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    It shouldn't be a shock given the new nature of the ATF under Biden. I'm surprised more LGS aren't doing this. The liability is so great of never ending government audits. Even if you do nothing wrong, you're up against a government agency with nothing to lose powered by bureaucrats who are literally paid to make life hell.
    It doesn't bother me, but I buy 90% of my firearms from a LGS. Even online purchases are transferred at an LGS.
    I've purchased 4 stamps, and have not been delayed to date.
    Interestingly enough, I was present at a LGS that experienced a delay just this past week. I do not know the final result, but the guy did not walk out with the firearm. I believe they also had a 3 day wait.

Last edited:

Redbud43

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2017
    Oaktown
    I don't know about any delays. I've bought many guns at Rural King, Top Guns, and Dunham's and pawn shops and been fortunate to walk out within 20 minutes.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    The law does not state they MUST release after 3 days. To say they don't support the 2A is ********. What's the big deal? If you are routinely denied or pending, get a PIN and stop your ****ing whining. They are just trying to keep the .gov from crawling up their ass and erring on the side of caution. NBD
    If they choose to go farther than the law requires, they don't support the 2A.

The 3 day limit was put there as a check against government foot-dragging.

Undercutting that check is, ultimately, selling us out.

Top Bottom