• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snubpacker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Pendleton, IN
    I currently live in Naples, Florida but am anxiously awaiting my move back home to Indiana (either Bloomington or Pendleton). Grew up around Cloverdale and spent my last four years in the Navy at Crane.

I would be interested in starting a conversation with any retired military (under age 65) who are using TRICARE as their primary health insurance. Basic questions are: do you have trouble finding doctors that will accept Tricare Payment; are your claims processed in a timely manner (3-4 weeks); I am sure that I will have more later. Here in Florida, most doctors are NOT network providers but they do accept the Tricare Payment and the South region claims processer settles the claims quickly....I generally have my EOB within 4-6 weeks.

I also have some questions regarding registering an auto in Indiana...related to registration fees and taxes.

Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    Hi, retired Navy here. Most doctors accept Tri-Care (Champus) but not Tri-Care Prime. We use a supplemental insurance (ASI) and it covers our Tricare deductibles. I cost $100 a month (total for the wife and I) and has a $100 a year deductible. There is a very good VA hospital here in Indianapolis also. Let me know if I can be of help.

snubpacker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Pendleton, IN
    Old Salt:

Thanks for the quick reply. I was happy to hear that TRICARE seems to be working pretty well in the North Region. How long does it generally take to get your claims processed?

Would appreciate you e mail address to discuss other move related items outside the forum and would eventually enjoy talking on the phone.

What did you do in the Navy? Duty stations?

Thanks again for the info.

Steve Sutherlin

Top Bottom