• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I have had mine for sevaral years now and have close to 20,000 rounds through it. I shoot the crap out of it and I am very happy with it. I have not had any problems with mine. I broke it in with CCI MiniMags for the first few hundred rounds, not sure if it was necessary or not, but it eats anything I feed it. I just put 500 rounds of Federal bulk pack through it today with no malfunctions.

I bought one of the early original German P22's & my experience with it is identical to yours John, well except mine has surpassed the 100k round mark, it was a project for the rimfirecentral.com forums so I really put the little pistol through it's paces to see if I could break it.

It is not purty anymore but it still runs great, even with el-cheapo bulk pack ammunition, so I think that I got my $250 worth out of it, especially since it's the one everyone argues over who gets to shoot it first, when it comes out of the range bag.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    We have two. Both bought new last year, so I believe they are the modified versions after Walther/Ruger made the changes.
    I love them both. I haven't tried any bulk ammo in either of them yet, but can say that we have had absolutely ZERO problems with FTE/FTF's using Stingers and Minimag. Both are at about a 2000 or 3000 round count.

jp828108

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Clermont
    I'm sure this has been covered, but I got my girlfriend one as a plinking gun to shoot with me when i have my kimber conversion on my 1911. the p22 is picky about what kind of ammo it shoots. though i think it's the ammo, seems like the times that there are ftf with bulk ammo i can tell there was less recoil with the the previous round. haven't had that problem in the roughly 500 rounds the girlfriend and i have put through it with the mini mag. this was no surprise to me, i was informed by the guy at PSS that the p22 was picky about ammo

rtm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I have had both the p22 and sig mosquito, I far prefer the p22 in comparosion to the sig I have had no problems. the sig of a POS and would jam constantly.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    I had one, you really need to put a few hundred Mini Mags/Stingers tru it to break it in. After I did that mine was good to go. I got rid of it just to fund something else, I would get another and probably will.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    I bought one last summer, and it has performed flawlessly. I ran 100 mini mags through it when new, but since then, it has been fed nothing but bulk ammo. (winchester 333, federal 525, and even cci blazer)

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Well dang, looks like I just might have to get one. It appears like after a break in period they seem to run ok. At least that's what most are saying. I run CCI Blazers thru my MkIII, and my TacSol .22 upper so it would be nice to be able to shoot those out of a P22 also and save the expensive .22's for squirrel.:yesway:

Appreciate all the input!

Top Bottom