• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    While I was browsing around at the 1500 this morning I noticed this handgun at several tables. Kind of liked it.:yesway: Anyone here have one with the short 3.5" barrel? Opinions?:dunno:

I read several places that it needs some TLC in a couple of places when new. Something about filing parts so they do not gouge the slide, and smoothing out the feed ramp. Several have had the slide crack/break on them. If it is something worth having, I just might have to get me one.:D Sharp looking little handgun IMO.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    I have one, very cheaply made, slide is pot metal. Mine is a jamomatic. Mags are expensive too.

Your repeating what I have been reading about it. I knew about the cast slide. That is what I was wanting to hear from guys here.:yesway:

I have read that you should run CCI mini Mags, or Stingers in them. Does your's jam running that ammo? Funny thing is, some love them and shoot the snot out of them... or so they say.:dunno: I read something about the serial number having an L in it. Supposedly those are the "newer" models that have been improved. Does your's have an L in the serial number?

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I had a brand new one and it was also a jamomatic. I tried to break it in but it just wouldn't run reliably so I sold it.

I think there are some good P22's and SIG Mosquito's out there but not as many as there should be.

badmac183

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 25, 2011
    hamlet, IN
    I have the one with the longer barrel and I love it. Its never jammed on me but I'v only ran about 300-500 rounds of bulk ammo in it. Its my go to gun to take care of any pests on the yard.

badmac183

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 25, 2011
    hamlet, IN
    "There are three revisions of the Walther P22 magazine as the original design was prone to feed failures.[citation needed] Walther corrected the issue by modifying the feed ears and adding a short 3/8" slot which allows rounds to stagger as they approach the top of the magazine. The second version of the magazine is designated with an 'A' after the part number. Later versions of the 'A' magazine have an elongated 1" stagger slot which further improves the magazine's performance. Finally Walther has released a 'B' version which is made of thicker steel, has a tall spring retaining nub and retains the 1" stagger slot"

Walther P22 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I took mine to the range for the first time a short while ago. I ran 200 rounds of CCI mini-mags and had 0 issues. Shot good and was surprisingly accurate.

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    I have the newer one, have shot Winchester, Federal, CCI, Wolf, etc...hit or miss on FTE FTF. It runs better with the back pressure of a silencer, but still has problems. Slide won't stay to rear on the last shot and or without a mag because the pot metal slide is rounded off were the slide stop engages, total junk gun.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I have had 2. One was a Combo that had both bbls and a muzzle break and the other is a short bbl version. I have shot both w/o any issues at all. I had a friend with me once that was shooting a Mosquito and he couldn't get one mag full out of it w/o a FTF/FTE. I just kept on firing away. I sold the combo but still have the short bbl model. It's a fun little plinker. For serious work I use one of my S&W Mod 41s.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have had mine for sevaral years now and have close to 20,000 rounds through it. I shoot the crap out of it and I am very happy with it. I have not had any problems with mine. I broke it in with CCI MiniMags for the first few hundred rounds, not sure if it was necessary or not, but it eats anything I feed it. I just put 500 rounds of Federal bulk pack through it today with no malfunctions.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    I've run 10s of thousands of rounds through each of the five I have. We use them extensively for testing our suppressors. They are beat and abused, and only cleaned when they absolutely will not feed or extract anymore. We've run everything from 20gr Super Colabris to 60gr SSS, every form and manner of bulk ammo, stingers, vipers, and spitfires. The only ammo that reliably FTF / FTE are spitfires.

critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN
    I have a P22 and had trouble with bulk Winchester 555 pack. It built up a lead coating and would stop working. I just buy CCI game shock. Seems to work just fine and no coating in the barrel. It only came with one mag but we're not trying to do any emergency reload drills with it. It's cheap to shoot and has been a great introduction gun for my kids/wife.

Top Bottom