• Status
    Not open for further replies.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Rep inbound. When we transform into a society that allows people to suffer the consequences of repeated bad decisions, I'll support full legalization of everything. Not a moment before.

Welfare state is welfare state, is welfare state. I've lost interest in debating which form of it "works" the best. It all "works," in somebody's mind.

You seem you hate welfare. Why in the world would you give your support to the current system? The current system is everything you hate.

You're defending free room, free food, free health care, free recreation, and free security for drug users! Its called prison. Its incredibly expensive.

And while you're paying dearly for this massive confinement, you're giving their families welfare checks because dad is locked in a cage and not earning money.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Who said it had to be government educating people? Lots of non profits out there do a commendable job every day. Government can be a source for it, but so far they haven't done a very good job. They have no incentive or wish to truly educate on the issue.

You suggested spending drug war money on rehab and education. Or did you mean just to reallocate drug war money to rehab and let the education be done by private interests?

bonkers1919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Columbus
    The war on drugs, is really not a war. It is a cottage industry. When the police arrest me, you need to provide me with food, clothing, shelter, and a lawyer. Food provide by private industry. Clothing provided by private industry. Shelter, built by private contractors. The lawyers provided by the state. A lot of companies and individuals making big bucks from just one arrest.

If they wanted a real war on drugs, loan me an F-18 armed with a few smart bombs, let me roll in, and drop everything on the coke lab, meth lab, pot farm. Now that would be a war and it won't last long.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The war on drugs, is really not a war. It is a cottage industry. When the police arrest me, you need to provide me with food, clothing, shelter, and a lawyer. Food provide by private industry. Clothing provided by private industry. Shelter, built by private contractors. The lawyers provided by the state. A lot of companies and individuals making big bucks from just one arrest.

If they wanted a real war on drugs, loan me an F-18 armed with a few smart bombs, let me roll in, and drop everything on the coke lab, meth lab, pot farm. Now that would be a war and it won't last long.

:)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Who said it had to be government educating people? Lots of non profits out there do a commendable job every day. Government can be a source for it, but so far they haven't done a very good job. They have no incentive or wish to truly educate on the issue.

What kind of success rate would you see in this.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    taxes can never not go to parasites.

Because military personnel, police, and whatnot are all parasites.

DARE has been proven not to be effective. We need real education and not police propaganda. Education does work.

Look upthread from that. You seem to be arguing both points.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Either go Saudi style (whack everyone caught) or drop it altogether.

I'm all for adopting the method of punishment where those convicted of dealing are exiled to an island to subsist for themselves. Users get one free get out of jail card - second offense gets them sent to the same island as the dealers.

If they wanted a real war on drugs, loan me an F-18 armed with a few smart bombs, let me roll in, and drop everything on the coke lab, meth lab, pot farm.

Would these draconian solutions extend to people who drink alcohol too? I've witnessed more lives destroyed from alcohol than drugs. Should we murder them as well? Should we turn the liquor stores into glass? Put the beer distributors and alcohol users in a relocation camp?

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Would these draconian solutions extend to people who drink alcohol too? I've witnessed more lives destroyed from alcohol than drugs. Should we murder them as well? Should we turn the liquor stores into glass? Put the beer distributors and alcohol users in a relocation camp?

They are blind to their own hypocrisy.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    I should have applied purple?
    how many threads could be merged into this one? 6? More?

epic dead horse beating

Yet another troll thread

major argument bait

pro drug legalization group self stroking circle

is that clear enough?

poisonspyder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Durango
    Why don't we just let the idiots die. Saving whales is the feel good thing to do, but is it the what we should be doing? What is the first thing that whale does once you dig up the sand and wash his dumb ass back to sea? Well before he gets beached again he finds another whale as dumb as him and mates with her. Pretty soon the whole beach is lined with dumb whales and we can not enjoy our beaches. Just let them die and feel good about something else productive in your own life.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I should have applied purple?
    how many threads could be merged into this one? 6? More?

epic dead horse beating

Yet another troll thread

major argument bait

pro drug legalization group self stroking circle

is that clear enough?

So why are you here? There are plenty of threads that are more your speed. How about the "status update" thread. That one would suit you.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I have seen far more damage done from drugs.
    It may be where and how we were raised as to what we see in this life. Where we work and what that work entails also my limit our view of the "REAL" world.
    I just last week was informed of loosing another long time friend. The young man was one of my apprentices when he was 18 years old. Good kid. Squared away. Owned a house a 22 years old and was advancing up the ladder in the trade. He became the service manager at a company I worked for and I was most proud of him. About 4 years ago he had some issues with his wife and went out of the home. Got involved with the wrong people and his life went straight down the rabbit hole. He started using hard Narcotics and became addicted to them. Lost his job/family and then took his own life. None of these actions were what we expected from him. This is not the 1 st one I have seen take this road. It was his "Decision/choice to do these things. No one held a gun to his head, prohibition was not a factor, he chose this path.
    Until you see these things 1st hand it is hard to understand the impact it has on so many lives. There are victims.
    He was in rehab and going the Methadone route but to no avail.
    This is but 1 example of so many that come to my mind.
    My tolerance for alcohol and drug related idiocy is zero. Far to much loss for stupid choices.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    There is no real difference between alcohol abuse and drug abuse. Both can destroy your body. Both encourage you to do stupid things. Both encourage you to lose your job and your friends and destroy your life.

Do you know why you see more damage done from drugs? Because of prohibition. Alcohol is cheap and easy to get. You can spend your life drunk just by panhandling, if that's your goal in life.

Thanks to prohibition, drugs are expensive. If you want to spend your life high, you're going to have to start stealing from people, prostituting yourself, working for drug dealers, etc.

There is no logically consistent way to justify your support for drug prohibition without also supporting alcohol prohibition. It is pure hypocrisy.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    drug-spending-v-addiction.gif

A Chart That Says the War on Drugs Isn't Working - The Wire

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I have seen far more damage done from drugs.
    It may be where and how we were raised as to what we see in this life. Where we work and what that work entails also my limit our view of the "REAL" world.
    I just last week was informed of loosing another long time friend. The young man was one of my apprentices when he was 18 years old. Good kid. Squared away. Owned a house a 22 years old and was advancing up the ladder in the trade. He became the service manager at a company I worked for and I was most proud of him. About 4 years ago he had some issues with his wife and went out of the home. Got involved with the wrong people and his life went straight down the rabbit hole. He started using hard Narcotics and became addicted to them. Lost his job/family and then took his own life. None of these actions were what we expected from him. This is not the 1 st one I have seen take this road. It was his "Decision/choice to do these things. No one held a gun to his head, prohibition was not a factor, he chose this path.
    Until you see these things 1st hand it is hard to understand the impact it has on so many lives. There are victims.
    He was in rehab and going the Methadone route but to no avail.
    This is but 1 example of so many that come to my mind.
    My tolerance for alcohol and drug related idiocy is zero. Far to much loss for stupid choices.

I did not say I've never seen drugs ruin any lives. I said I've seen alcohol ruin more. It's affected my friends and family. Both drugs and alcohol.

BOTH ruin lives. Alcohol, if only because of its prevalence, results in more fights, more violence, more broken homes, more neglected kids, more wrecked vehicles, and so on.

So why treat them so differently?

If prison is such a good solution, why not use it for alcohol users? If we want to "fight the war" using violence, why not commit violence against alcohol users too?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

That might also be a graph of the amount of ink/air time in the MSM expended on LGBT issues, compared with the % of the population that identifies as such. I see a pattern emerging here...

The war on drugs is the war on drugs, whether you fight it with cops or rehab counselors.

If this is truly a matter of liberty and choice, let people suffer the consequences of their actions and pay for their own rehab, or not. Why do we need rehab from liberty? Sounds suspicious to me...

If you call for liberty, but concede that you will use the state fisc whether through direct taxation or deductions for 501(c)(3) NFPs, you're substituting your own preferences for tyranny for those you decry here.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    If this is truly a matter of liberty and choice, let people suffer the consequences of their actions and pay for their own rehab, or not. Why do we need rehab from liberty? Sounds suspicious to me...

I vote neither. But rehab would be cheaper and less likely to trample on our rights.

If you could redirect food stamp funds to use for extra benefits for disabled veterans, would you do it?

Obviously it would be ideal to eliminate them altogether.

That might also be a graph of the amount of ink/air time in the MSM expended on LGBT issues, compared with the % of the population that identifies as such. I see a pattern emerging here...

You're not wrong. I think it's ******* ridiculous.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    So why are you here? There are plenty of threads that are more your speed. How about the "status update" thread. That one would suit you.

What is my "speed"
    are you trying to read my mind again

these threads are like watching a train wreck, hard not to watch how out of reality, non intelligent, self serving, untouched by the real world crowd self stimulates.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom