• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    One hasn't happened about this issue yet.

why would I think it would change
    so far the posters and OP that start these thread don't want solutions to the drug problem in this country.
    The want excuses to legalize their favorites. Excuses are easy, as evidenced by the numerous thread that devolve into the same thing this one has.

solutions are hard and don't include getting high legally. And ending the war n drugs won't include writing anyone a refund check for the savings.

As opposed to your Prohibition which has worked so well for so long.

Right?

:rolleyes:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I am interested in your thoughts before and after reading the book. Do you mind giving a cliff notes version of your fundamental beliefs before and after reading it? I don't expect you to condense and provide the argument laid out in the book, but I am very interested in hearing your "before and after" positions.
    Before the read I was of the opinion that MJ was ok to legalize but the rest were just too bad to do the same with. After reading this I am 100% for legalization of them all. However, it is not quite as simple as that. There has to be medical programs to back this up and doctors with the ability to prescribe narcotics to addicts. There is way more involved in this discussion than I am willing to type but this book provided current examples of this working, interviews, statistics, etc. All very very compelling. As an LEO, this is a very uncomfortable discussion for me to have as you can imagine it's a minority view. However I feel though, I am required to enforce the laws given to us and I will do so as required. I do hope those laws will change in the future.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    One hasn't happened about this issue yet.

why would I think it would change
    so far the posters and OP that start these thread don't want solutions to the drug problem in this country.
    The want excuses to legalize their favorites. Excuses are easy, as evidenced by the numerous thread that devolve into the same thing this one has.

solutions are hard and don't include getting high legally. And ending the war n drugs won't include writing anyone a refund check for the savings.

A somewhat narrow minded view of what has been said in here.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Before the read I was of the opinion that MJ was ok to legalize but the rest were just too bad to do the same with. After reading this I am 100% for legalization of them all. However, it is not quite as simple as that. There has to be medical programs to back this up and doctors with the ability to prescribe narcotics to addicts. There is way more involved in this discussion than I am willing to type but this book provided current examples of this working, interviews, statistics, etc. All very very compelling. As an LEO, this is a very uncomfortable discussion for me to have as you can imagine it's a minority view. However I feel though, I am required to enforce the laws given to us and I will do so as required. I do hope those laws will change in the future.

Seems I need to read this book.
    We all look at the world through eyes focused by personal experiences.
    Sometimes it takes a strong nudge to even attempt to see things from a different angle.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

I wish everyone had such an open mind and could approach this topic in such a reasoned way.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    As opposed to your Prohibition which has worked so well for so long.

Right?

pointing a finger and saying "that doesn't work, legalize everything" is what used to be called
    self serving
    The idea that the solution to the drug problem is to legalize drugs is short sighted and justification for your own bad habits

doesnt solve anything but you can get high without getting busted
    selfish
    self serving
    self absorbed
    causes many more problems than it could ever solve
    go volunteer at a rehab, hospital, morgue

my opinion is worth the same as yours, just what you paid for it.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    pointing a finger and saying "that doesn't work, legalize everything" is what used to be called
    self serving
    The idea that the solution to the drug problem is to legalize drugs is short sighted and justification for your own bad habits

doesnt solve anything but you can get high without getting busted
    selfish
    self serving
    self absorbed
    causes many more problems than it could ever solve
    go volunteer at a rehab, hospital, morgue

my opinion is worth the same as yours, just what you paid for it.

My habits? So I'm a drug addict now, eh?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Been told many times in the past that I'm not a person who does anything in halves, either legalize the drugs or crucify a drug dealer every 100 yards on I-65 from Indy to chicago. Finish it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom