• Status
    Not open for further replies.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Here's the list of people I use for my decision.

Good friend (over 55 and healthy), as sick as he's ever been in his life for about five days. Full recovery
    My wife (51), low grade fever & headache and a stuffy nose for a few days. Full recovery
    My Son, (28) Low grade headache and stuffy nose for a few days. Full recovery
    My Daughter (15) no symptoms
    My step mother (59) said it felt like bad cold for several days. Full recovery

I was exposed a week ago Wednesday by sitting next to a vaccinated coworker for more than two hours at dinner. She fell ill later than night and tested positive three times. She says she feels like she's got a bad head cold.

I tested A week ago today, two different tests on Tuesday, all negative. I tested again this morning and will have results tomorrow.

My wife, daughter and step mother all contracted it during a trip to AZ. My father was with them as well, same hotel/room, same rental car, same airplane ride and he tested negative and never had any symptoms.

My Mother (67) has quarantined twice now after being exposed at work. Never tested positive, felt ill nor does she have the antibodies.

My father did get the vaccine at the urging of my step mother, hasn't had any bad effects.

Unfortunately, this is the only information I can trust to make a decision. There has been way too much hinky ******** with this entire pandemic to trust virtually any source other than personal knowledge. Two of my children have had it. Both of my parents have been exposed to it, as have I and failed to contract it. I'll be perfectly honest and say that I might have considered getting the vaccine at one point had TPTB/Media not jumped the ****ing shark at full throttle.

If the virus isn't consistent in how if affects people, exactly how in under two years, can they hope to have gathered enough data to claim the vaccine to be ____% effective?

Last edited:

offthegrid

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2021
    Warsaw
    It has started to creep into my employment. I am in sales and a lot of companies are now requiring vendors to show proof of vax to continue to come into the facility. The company I work for is pro-freedom so that are not mandating anything, however, if I want to keep selling to certain businesses I have to get the jab. It is a decision I will have to make soon....maybe I will just lose the income and buy less guns.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    It has started to creep into my employment. I am in sales and a lot of companies are now requiring vendors to show proof of vax to continue to come into the facility. The company I work for is pro-freedom so that are not mandating anything, however, if I want to keep selling to certain businesses I have to get the jab. It is a decision I will have to make soon....maybe I will just lose the income and buy less guns.
    Don’t get the jab, just “show proof” you did.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Is this Covid specific or are you against all vaccinations?
    Consindering I've already had it, I have better immunity than those with the jab and the "science" hasn't really done much testing on what is our best course of action should be, along with a family history of blood clots, strokes and heart disease I think the risks for me are much higher with the vax than me getting it a second time.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Consindering I've already had it, I have better immunity than those with the jab and the "science" hasn't really done much testing on what is our best course of action should be, along with a family history of blood clots, strokes and heart disease I think the risks for me are much higher with the vax than me getting it a second time.
    You aren’t allowed to consider yourself or the potential risks to yourself. You’re only allowed to consider the safety of everyone else around you and just get the jab.

It doesn’t matter that it makes you more susceptible to catching Covid again than your natural immunity. It doesn’t matter that it won’t stop you from transmitting the virus. It doesn’t matter that you can find “evidence” of whatever you want to find if you look. It doesn’t matter that medical professionals are losing their jobs over concerns about this “vaccine”.

Just shut up, do what you’re told and you can have your freedoms back. CNN says so.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    You aren’t allowed to consider yourself or the potential risks to yourself. You’re only allowed to consider the safety of everyone else around you and just get the jab.

It doesn’t matter that it makes you more susceptible to catching Covid again than your natural immunity. It doesn’t matter that it won’t stop you from transmitting the virus. It doesn’t matter that you can find “evidence” of whatever you want to find if you look. It doesn’t matter that medical professionals are losing their jobs over concerns about this “vaccine”.

Just shut up, do what you’re told and you can have your freedoms back. CNN says so.
    and exactly how is it that I'm not considering the safety of those around me when I am now the most unlikely to catch and spread this? This isn't directed at your sarcasm (I implied the purple) but for those like R45 that insist that I shut up and take it for the good of the people. Please inform me how, now being the lowest risk group, I need this?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    and exactly how is it that I'm not considering the safety of those around me when I am now the most unlikely to catch and spread this? This isn't directed at your sarcasm (I implied the purple) but for those like R45 that insist that I shut up and take it for the good of the people. Please inform me how, now being the lowest risk group, I need this?
    Well, uh….see, awe come on man, just get the vaccine so this will disappear overnight and we can all get back to being outraged and divided about other stuff.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Well, uh….see, awe come on man, just get the vaccine so this will disappear overnight and we can all get back to being outraged and divided about other stuff.
    As expected nothing but crickets from the usual suspects here when I ask the same question over and over. Get the jab appears to be the only words they know.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Seeing as the point of the coercion is to achieve the great reset, and the great reset is about :lmfao:peace and safety, doesn't whether or not you need to take the jab for the good of your fellow man depend upon who you ask ?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Don't want to pick on you specifically, BZ. Quoting your post because it leads into something I think should be pointed out and be considered

The incidence of abnormal clotting and stroke was not non-existent in a covid infection. I don't know about the heart inflammation but there were definitely cases of abnormal clotting and concomitant strokes, of varying degrees of severity, associated with cases of covid considerably before vaccines were available

As far as I can tell, and as usual the science is by no mean clear or certain, the same mechanism likely is involved in both disease based clotting problems and vaccine based clotting problems

If you have a family history of such problems and have not already had the disease, you should probably weigh what is known about the problem regardless of the source and figure that into your decisions

Do not interpret this as recommending vaccination by any stretch, I just think people should remember clotting issues are not limited to the vaccine side of the equation

Edit: Somehow I missed the statement that you have already had it. The point is moot for you but not for others weighing the odds

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Skip the headline and scroll down a bit for the meat and potatoes. We should be getting fairly close to herd immunity.

More than 80% of Americans 16 and older have some level of immunity against the coronavirus, mostly through vaccination, a survey of blood donations indicates.

The survey, led by the CDC, also indicates that about twice as many people have been infected with the virus as have been officially counted. More than 39 million Americans have been diagnosed with coronavirus infection since the pandemic started in 2020.

The team, led by the CDC's Dr. Jefferson Jones, set out to determine how close the US might be to some kind of herd immunity -- although they do not claim to have any kind of handle on that yet.

They worked with 17 blood collection organizations working in all 50 states plus Washington, DC, and Puerto Rico to test blood covering 74% of the population. In the end, they tested about 1.4 million samples.

In July 2020, before any vaccine was available, 3.5% of samples carried antibodies to SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes Covid-19. That rose to 11.5% by December, they reported in the medical journal JAMA. By May, 83.3% of samples had antibodies to the virus, most of them from vaccination.

And while in July 2020, blood surveillance indicated the US was only counting one infection out of every three true infections, that fell to one in two a year later.

This was all pre-Delta, the researchers caution. Plus, they didn't measure the other part of the human response -- one involving cells known as T-cells -- and one that might induce broader immunity. But knowing who has antibodies can help inform public health efforts.

"Several large studies have shown that among individuals who are seropositive from prior SARS-CoV-2 infection, COVID-19 incidence is reduced by 80% to 95%, similar to vaccine efficacy estimates," they noted.

"The study will continue until at least December 2021, and results will be made available on the CDC's website," they wrote.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Because it has never been about health and safety since 'two weeks to flatten the curve', it has always been about power and control

Recognizing natural immunity does nothing to help implement the control structures they favor, so it cannot be allowed

I never considered how scarily true the 'absolute power corrupts absolutely' portion of the Dalberg-Acton quote could be until we began living it. I can see no other excuse for the people who know better to act in furtherance of this fiasco than the raw and rabid desire for more and greater power over everyone and everything

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Don't want to pick on you specifically, BZ. Quoting your post because it leads into something I think should be pointed out and be considered

The incidence of abnormal clotting and stroke was not non-existent in a covid infection. I don't know about the heart inflammation but there were definitely cases of abnormal clotting and concomitant strokes, of varying degrees of severity, associated with cases of covid considerably before vaccines were available

As far as I can tell, and as usual the science is by no mean clear or certain, the same mechanism likely is involved in both disease based clotting problems and vaccine based clotting problems

If you have a family history of such problems and have not already had the disease, you should probably weigh what is known about the problem regardless of the source and figure that into your decisions

Do not interpret this as recommending vaccination by any stretch, I just think people should remember clotting issues are not limited to the vaccine side of the equation

Edit: Somehow I missed the statement that you have already had it. The point is moot for you but not for others weighing the odds
    You just illustrated my point I've been making for damn near a year now. Everyone is focused on vax or no vax for non-previously infected persons. That's almost 40M people that now have natural immunity and have a very minor chance of spreading the infection. We don't need the jab at this point to be safer than a non-PI vax'd person.

40M people that we want to jab for what reason? And people like me that the issues presented as side effects are now more dangerous than the chance that I could even catch it a second time. But, like all things anymore, there can only be two "sides". That's how we create division.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Then you should definitely get vaccinated. I am pretty sure I read it right here on INGO that having COVID-19 and then getting the vaccine was the best

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom