Not open for further replies.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    just went to an outdoor gathering of friends and family. Out of know where an older lady I have known for years started down a “what are you gonna do if the government says you gotta get it” route when talking to someone else.

I stepped in and threw the conversation off the rails because I couldn’t believe she was suggesting government mandate and force everyone to get it. Totally out of character and a good way to turn the party in the wrong direction.

anyway. Why does it seem like everyone who has gotten the shot now feels like it’s their duty to preach it like the gospel.

Repent o ye sinners or thou shall burn the firery covid/ government thug induced death.
    My mother wears a mask exclusively around me, just to shame me for not having the shot. Like I'm "forcing" her to do it, and I "don't care about her life".

LMAO you have the ****ing shot, dummy. You're telling me it doesn't work? You'll die if you don't wear a mask around me, but going to Walmart without one is fine?

It's a freaking cult.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    My mother wears a mask exclusively around me, just to shame me for not having the shot. Like I'm "forcing" her to do it, and I "don't care about her life".

LMAO you have the ****ing shot, dummy. You're telling me it doesn't work? You'll die if you don't wear a mask around me, but going to Walmart without one is fine?

It's a freaking cult.
    And to that end, explain the thinking here...if vaccinated people are potentially going to drive new vaccine resistant variants, then it really doesn`t matter WHAT anyone does.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This was kinda what I said before derailing the conversation. If I was in my 70’s and had already survived a stroke and or heart attack like her and her husband I would probably have gotten it to. But I’m in my 30’s, survived it once and am healthy.

vastly different situations
    If you survived it once you have natural immunity. A family I know had covid run through their whole family. Kids got over it in a day or two. Parents were down for several days with mostly a headache and some other symptoms. And then when they were able to get the vaccine they signed up. Why? I really don't understand that.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    And to that end, explain the thinking here...if vaccinated people are potentially gojng to drive new vaccine resistant variants, then it really doesn`t matter WHAT anyone does.

If only someone like the inventor of the mRNA vaccine had warned us about the dangers of pushing vaccinations in the middle of a pandemic, instead of pre-exposure as a prophylactic. Alas, according to Wikipedia no such person exists...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    228101779_4699659473378705_1583725788179600131_n.jpg

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

It's a freaking cult.

My Dad and I have gotten into a few arguments over this. He thinks I'm an idiot for not "protecting myself" by getting the jab, even though I tried explaining I'm more afraid of the jab than I am of the virus.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    How about this. If you're scared, stay home, quit your job, hide under your bed (or in your bunker if you're JeepHammer), whatever... and let the rest of us get on with our lives like normal people. Oh and you might want to see a psychologist to work through your irrational fears of getting a virus that might give you a sore throat or the sniffles. I mean I get it. Boogers are terrifying.
    Alrighty then... I'm guessing that means no need for "gene modification therapy", O2, the hospital/ICU or ventilators... just chicken soup and one of these?

Bulb-Syringe-2-oz__66959.1605845170.jpg

Who knew?

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    How about this... people that don't "believe" COVID is anything more than the common cold... that don't "believe" in the vaccine(s)... when they show up at the hospital with COVID, we just tell them we don't "believe" that they are sick, just go home?

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    CDC Still Baffled People Are Paying Attention To Them
    July 30th, 2021 - BabylonBee.com

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    How about this... people that don't "believe" COVID is anything more than the common cold... that don't "believe" in the vaccine(s)... when they show up at the hospital with COVID, we just tell them we don't "believe" that they are sick, just go home?

Except that no one on here has said anything like that. What I and others have said is that if you're under 65 and don't have any comorbidities, you don't have a high risk of issues with COVID. That's a fact. While there have been some healthy people who have had issues, the numbers for that are vanishingly small.

I wonder what the average body fat percentage is for INGO.

:):

See that's the thing, I don't care. My body weight is well within healthy norms and I don't care about someone else. That is for them to decide, not me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom