• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    Austria is going full on totalitarian against those who haven't gotten the shots. A nationwide lockdown for unvaccinated people begins Monday.

I don't see how this ends well.

Why is AP reporting on an Austrian story from Berlin? Did we miss “Anschluss-21”, or something??

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Let me just repeat a sentiment expressed in the video, for emphasis. The toxicity with which people treat each other over covid protocols, i.e., lockdowns, mask wearing, and vaccines is worse than the disease.

People’s beliefs have become so ideologically derived, for example a delusional belief that vaccines can’t cause harm (we’ve seen that here even). So then they’re incapable of seeing the reality that it does happen, and it’s happening at a never before accepted rate.

They’re incapable of doing their part as a member of a free society, which is pushing back when things become unacceptable. Some countries have suspended certain vaccines because of the myocarditis/paracarditis risks to otherwise healthy young people. But that won’t happen here in America. People are too blinded by the idea of “science” that they can’t question the official oligarchy of “science” when the results are questionable.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

Over a 60X increase in pro sports adverse events since the vaccines rolled out​

I'll just wait for one of the usual suspects to come along and tell me it's not an article from CNN so don't worry about it.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Was discussing COVID with a friend of mine yesterday and was absolutely flabbergasted when he said he supports wearing masks and social distancing, as he's a conservative and 2A supporter. I asked him why and he said "well, even if it helps just a little bit, it's worth it". I said yeah, but it helps 0%, so it's nothing but virtue signaling. He didn't understand, so I explained how masks and social distancing made sense when we thought the method of transmission was via bodily fluids only, but once we learned it was airborne, neither of those are at all helpful (outside of N95 or better rated masks that are properly fitted, etc). He was still adamant that masking and social distancing did at least something, to which we just agreed to disagree. I wonder how many other people have this belief, thanks to the level of misinformation put out by the "authorities"? Very sad.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Was discussing COVID with a friend of mine yesterday and was absolutely flabbergasted when he said he supports wearing masks and social distancing, as he's a conservative and 2A supporter. I asked him why and he said "well, even if it helps just a little bit, it's worth it". I said yeah, but it helps 0%, so it's nothing but virtue signaling. He didn't understand, so I explained how masks and social distancing made sense when we thought the method of transmission was via bodily fluids only, but once we learned it was airborne, neither of those are at all helpful (outside of N95 or better rated masks that are properly fitted, etc). He was still adamant that masking and social distancing did at least something, to which we just agreed to disagree. I wonder how many other people have this belief, thanks to the level of misinformation put out by the "authorities"? Very sad.

Easy question back to him, oh, so you're giving up your firearms, since "it'll help reduce gun violence 'just a little bit'" according to the "experts."

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The problem with him and many others is that they don't correlate the two. They think a "public health issue" is different, which I completely disagree with. As has been said, we have many other health issues that are killing vastly greater numbers of people, that are completely disregarded, but this virus, which is basically a bad case of the flu, has everyone agreeing to just give up their rights and freedoms. I just don't understand people.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

Hey, JK. 46 years old and dies of a pulmonary embolism

She wasn't obese or obviously unhealthy

She was NPR, so I bet she was in line for vaccination on day 1

I wonder how long ago she got her booster
    She's actually a bigger girl in many pictures but maybe she was thinner recently, not sure.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah? Helping “just a little bit” doesn’t justify mandates. Social distancing is just something you should do, but not something you can really mandate. Well. On the other hand, I really like that people are staying out of my personal space. I hate it when overbearing people crowd my space.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yeah? Helping “just a little bit” doesn’t justify mandates. Social distancing is just something you should do, but not something you can really mandate. Well. On the other hand, I really like that people are staying out of my personal space. I hate it when overbearing people crowd my space.

I agree. As the saying goes, I was social distancing before it was a thing... ;)

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Nothing to see here, move along...

Official figures suggest, however, that over 10,000 people have already indicated their intention to make a claim since registration opened on the health department’s website in September. If each claim was approved, the government could face a bill of at least AU$50 million (US$36.46 million).

There were around 78,880 adverse events to Covid-related vaccination in Australia as of November 7, according to the Therapeutic Goods Administration, which regulates national health products. The majority of side effects were minor, including headaches, nausea, and arm soreness.

Only people who experienced a moderate to significant adverse reaction that resulted in a hospital stay of at least one night are eligible for coverage under the government’s scheme. Those seeking $20,000 or less have to provide proof their claims are vaccine-related – although there has been no information as yet on exactly what evidence would be acceptable

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom